T-Rob gone! Who's Next

Actually, he was a player's favorite at BAMA, and the mass exodus through the magic portal at Tennessee when he left would suggest the kids wanted to play for him. Mark Richt was the anti-Saban/Pruitt type of disposition and was bound to fail sooner than later. Jeremy Pruitt was the best DC of the Nick Saban era.

Thank u sir.

Advertisement
Actually, he was a player's favorite at BAMA, and the mass exodus through the magic portal at Tennessee when he left would suggest the kids wanted to play for him. Mark Richt was the anti-Saban/Pruitt type of disposition and was bound to fail sooner than later. Jeremy Pruitt was the best DC of the Nick Saban era.
Suspect that Saban might say Kirby Smart.

It’s a lot easier to develop players that don’t need much development.
Bama fans hate Jobe. And thank god he didn’t come here.
Our staff has gotten too much heat for the lack of development while at the same time producing draft picks.
I’ll agree development is important.

But plenty of coaches have produced nfl players from kids that were not highly ranked. But those same coaches don’t do it at the same consistency as the top programs and it’s not because they don’t know what they’re doing.
It’s because they’re just not getting the same level of talent. This has been talked about here at nauseam.
Development vs recruiting?

So while it’s impossible to make chicken scratch out chicken sht; it’s also very easy to overcook prime steak into a piece of rubber.
A good cook can make average steak taste delicious. And that same cook can produce just as good of Chateaubriand as a master chef.

Unfortunately not everyone can afford a prime tenderloin. And Saban buys all the tenderloin every year. And he’s about to get trob to help him go buy it and cook it.
True that’s why I mentioned multiple times the biggest thing we have been lacking was putting kids into a position to succeed. Until last year we haven’t had an offense that looked like it was in the 21st century. Was our offense scoring 40+ points because our talent is better than the past 15+ years. Our QB is definitely top notch. But our skill position players were about average compared to the last 15+ years. We’ve had offenses with Duke, Hurns, Walford, Dorsett and Stephen Morris that were lackluster. Those 5 guys have spent 20 or so years in the NFL between them.

Do the stats actually show that this is true?

Advertisement
What do u mean why does he have to have a story? My nig, u act like this mutha fcka didn’t tell us a story as to y he came to the University of Miami to coach? TF? Lol. Go ask T-Rob why he had a story.

And u’re point about Mario is correct; he agreed & then ALMOST IMMEDIATELY (ur words) left for Bama. So was Mario out recruiting? Was he telling kids he was staying?

Like I said, I’m not going to put my loyalty lens on anyone, b/c at the end of the day, it’s a business. My biggest gripe is the lack of transparency. What do we tell recruits…u looking, we looking?

I ain’t never going to count someone else’s $$, but again, I’m built different than a lot of mofos, & I move different…which is probably why my Day 1 & Day 2 ninjas still f w/ me 30 yrs +.

I'm down with that for the most part.

I imagine the Bama thing just came up. Before that, business as usual, putting in work, and expecting to stay.

He would have to answer that, I don't know.

Advertisement
The amount of anger I have, that bull chit pic w/ DVD in the donk, allowed to be actively recruiting, Mario choosing him over THEE BEST DB COACH IN THE GAME, and this **** bounce 2 weeks before NSD?? Bro, that’s a bytch, opportunist move, & it would validate why I had ?’s bout him coming here.
And would anyone be surprised if Saban actually told T-Rob to wait to leave until after the door closed on Raymond?

We did not pass. We were slow. Gaypier made Raymond Priority #1, and by the time we found out that Raymond was interested and got back to him, the Gaytors were nearly done hiring him.

Gaypier and Raymond came to UiF from Louisiana. Raymond gets to exact revenge on LSU by coaching an SEC rival.

And, for the record, AT THAT TIME, T-Rob to Alabama wasn't a thing. So we really didn't have a vacancy.

Finally, I just laugh at the "let's pay Raymond a bunch of money" PlayStation All-Americans. It's not going to happen.

Let's move on to reasonable alternatives, like AAR or Ed Reed.
@Liberty City El tell me about AAR... how good is he?

Well, Who's next and how does this affect our recruiting??
Twinning Drew Scott GIF by American Family Insurance

Advertisement
Advertisement
That's the ugly side of coaches bouncing all over the place.

If there was one place that would make literally any coach in the land consider a job opportunity, it's Bama and working under Saban. It's our poor luck that he aimed his sights on our guy.

What did the tweet say?

I'm down with that for the most part.

I imagine the Bama thing just came up. Before that, business as usual, putting in work, and expecting to stay.

He would have to answer that, I don't know.

At the end of the day, these coaches r like politicians, bro. Until we see formal chit, it’s best not to put any stock into who staying or leaving. And 4 the record, I wasn’t coming at u pimp; u know u good in my book. I’m just tired of Miami homecoming stories from these coaches & they either suck or bounce. Lol

Advertisement
Back