T-Rob gone! Who's Next

One year of trob with Manny’s defense and that’s the conclusion you have? Avantae couldn’t play a hole season and avantae isn’t a corner. Kam isn’t a corner.
Ivey has been more abused than a blow up doll at a frat house for 3 years now.
Common man you just gonna pretend he wasn’t ready to bounce out of here half way through the season cause manny handcuffed that entire defense.
We didn’t lose to fsu cause Trob. We lost cause manny called a horrible defense. I guess you know more than nick Saban.
You realize DVD was the corners coach? T-Rob coached Safeties and still our production was significantly down from the year before. It’s been Manny’s D here for 6 years and now only T-Rob was handcuffed by Manny? Rumph and Banda weren’t handcuffed by it as well? The guys a great recruiter, his ability to coach doesn’t quite match his recruiting acumen. As many have pointed Saban spends a lot of time working with the DB’s. I would say Saban could afford to get one of the best DB recruiters around who might not be the best on field DB coach knowing that he will continually coach his DB’s up like he has at Alabama for the last 15 years.

Advertisement
Kelly was the DC at FSU, their fans weren't too fond of Him.
And a lot of other places in his career as well. I think it would take a DC job to get him. He's done a great job for us on the backend and is a very credible recruiter. Sometimes guys are just happy with what they are doing and where they are at in their career.

Advertisement
You realize DVD was the corners coach? T-Rob coached Safeties and still our production was significantly down from the year before. It’s been Manny’s D here for 6 years and now only T-Rob was handcuffed by Manny? Rumph and Banda weren’t handcuffed by it as well? The guys a great recruiter, his ability to coach doesn’t quite match his recruiting acumen. As many have pointed Saban spends a lot of time working with the DB’s. I would say Saban could afford to get one of the best DB recruiters around who might not be the best on field DB coach knowing that he will continually coach his DB’s up like he has at Alabama for the last 15 years.
I guess even if Kam was taught great technique but manny told him to stand at the back of the goal line for FSU’s 4th down play it’s was all on Trob?

Look man I’m not saying you need trob to win a natty
But the next ps2 Minkah or Stingley rather get taught by Trob Saban or Raymond than the next tier of dudes on the list.

Wasn't he DC for Jimbo in Tally? If Pruitt were cleared, he'd be my number 1 target

Yes he was. That FSU team had the #3 Total D, & #1 Scoring & Passing D.

Pruitt may be an a-hole as a person, & a dog of a HC, but he’s a 5x Nat’l Championship DC/DB coach that’s constantly produced elite defenses. He’s also a **** elite recruiter. I wouldn’t be mad at this at all. I know what his stint was at UGA w/ Richt, but he tends to fall in line w/ Alphas leading the way.

Advertisement
Yeah right, because everyone really respects a guy who barely gets to coach his position because the HC is already doing it. And he will NEVER be the defensive play caller at Alabama. Never ever.

Homie was brought in as a recruiting gun for hire. That's it. I'm sure he fell for Saban's sweet nothings.

"I promise, this time it will be different."
Exactly. The mere thought that he would call Sabans defense is comical at best

Mario & Pruitt in a heated exchange might be interesting. Maybe another option is Derrick Ansley, believe DB coach with the Chargers. He was on the Bama staff with Mario, second fling in NFL, DC for Pruitt at Tennessee & a year ago was linked to DC job at Oregon. Also may be something to interest in Clint Hurtt.

Mario & Pruitt in a heated exchange might be interesting. Maybe another option is Derrick Ansley, believe DB coach with the Chargers. He was on the Bama staff with Mario, second fling in NFL, DC for Pruitt at Tennessee & a year ago was linked to DC job at Oregon. Also may be something to interest in Clint Hurtt.
I don’t know what it is but so many of the Saban guys are just d*ks. Pruitt is #1 on that list.

DA is a good dude but he’s over college.

I don’t know what it is but so many of the Saban guys are just d*ks. Pruitt is #1 on that list.

DA is a good dude but he’s over college.
Yeah, Pruitt had a reputation before arriving in Tuscaloosa. Good defensive coach, but as mentioned not a great person.

Advertisement
Yes he was. That FSU team had the #3 Total D, & #1 Scoring & Passing D.

Pruitt may be an a-hole as a person, & a dog of a HC, but he’s a 5x Nat’l Championship DC/DB coach that’s constantly produced elite defenses. He’s also a **** elite recruiter. I wouldn’t be mad at this at all. I know what his stint was at UGA w/ Richt, but he tends to fall in line w/ Alphas leading the way.

Actually, he was a player's favorite at BAMA, and the mass exodus through the magic portal at Tennessee when he left would suggest the kids wanted to play for him. Mark Richt was the anti-Saban/Pruitt type of disposition and was bound to fail sooner than later. Jeremy Pruitt was the best DC of the Nick Saban era.

I guess even if Kam was taught great technique but manny told him to stand at the back of the goal line for FSU’s 4th down play it’s was all on Trob?

Look man I’m not saying you need trob to win a natty
But the next ps2 Minkah or Stingley rather get taught by Trob Saban or Raymond than the next tier of dudes on the list.
We’ll agree to disagree. One thing I do know is that Mario can recruit. Look at the commits we’ve gotten since he’s been here, none of those positions had a coach but at DB. He’s already got some great recruiters on staff in McClendon, Smith and Mirabel plus it looks like our support staff is filled with great recruiters as well. Give me a DB coach, LB coach, and DC and OC that can coach the position at the highest level and we’ll start getting back to the old days.

Advertisement
We’ll agree to disagree. One thing I do know is that Mario can recruit. Look at the commits we’ve gotten since he’s been here, none of those positions had a coach but at DB. He’s already got some great recruiters on staff in McClendon, Smith and Mirabel plus it looks like our support staff is filled with great recruiters as well. Give me a DB coach, LB coach, and DC and OC that can coach the position at the highest level and we’ll start getting back to the old days.
Your right. But if I have ptsd from seeing like legit 20 p5 and nfl prospects walk out out of this area the last few years. And just when it looks
Like sht is about to change the coach that I can’t stand takes the dude everybody wants.

Your right. But if I have ptsd from seeing like legit 20 p5 and nfl prospects walk out out of this area the last few years. And just when it looks
Like sht is about to change the coach that I can’t stand takes the dude everybody wants.
The thing is we’ve also had plenty of guys over the last 15-18 years who have made it to the NFL and far exceeded their production here. More than recruiting we have been hurt by our lack of development and our ability to put players in positions to succeed. Recruiting hasn’t been what we need but keeping kids home like Jeudy, Cooper, Jobe, Neal, etc. don’t really matter if we don’t develop them and put them in positions to succeed.

The thing is we’ve also had plenty of guys over the last 15-18 years who have made it to the NFL and far exceeded their production here. More than recruiting we have been hurt by our lack of development and our ability to put players in positions to succeed. Recruiting hasn’t been what we need but keeping kids home like Jeudy, Cooper, Jobe, Neal, etc. don’t really matter if we don’t develop them and put them in positions to succeed.
It’s a lot easier to develop players that don’t need much development.
Bama fans hate Jobe. And thank god he didn’t come here.
Our staff has gotten too much heat for the lack of development while at the same time producing draft picks.
I’ll agree development is important.

But plenty of coaches have produced nfl players from kids that were not highly ranked. But those same coaches don’t do it at the same consistency as the top programs and it’s not because they don’t know what they’re doing.
It’s because they’re just not getting the same level of talent. This has been talked about here at nauseam.
Development vs recruiting?

So while it’s impossible to make chicken scratch out chicken sht; it’s also very easy to overcook prime steak into a piece of rubber.
A good cook can make average steak taste delicious. And that same cook can produce just as good of Chateaubriand as a master chef.

Unfortunately not everyone can afford a prime tenderloin. And Saban buys all the tenderloin every year. And he’s about to get trob to help him go buy it and cook it.

Advertisement
Back