Syracuse vs. Miami 8pm ACCN

Advertisement
You'd think they were both Syracuse letterwinners the way they jack off Syracuse. That said, Miami has to do better in regards to the zone. This is one of those games I miss having a big like Tonye Jekiri, that could stand in the middle of the zone at the FT line catch high entry passes and then have everyone move around him. Miami needs to string together some defensive stops. Syracuse isn't good, but they are playing above their heads tonight.

The first 4 minutes of the second half will be huge. Miami cuts into that lead, I can see Syracuse coming apart. That said, Miami comes out flat, this game is over.
Post of the night

Advertisement
Advertisement
This team is not as good as the 2012-13 team, but they do seem to have the “WTF just happened to me” gear offensively that team had.

This is a team that - if they stay healthy - anything can happen. They don’t have the bangers to grind through an off shooting night against a good team (like 2012 could)… and rebounding is gonna be a recurring frustration… but they can run and shoot their way through any ceiling on the right night.

Fun to watch.

Wish Brooks had stuck around. But Sam is a grown man and will be key for us. Hoping that Gak can give us something… Cuse was just too active and physical for Gak tonight.

I always face the music and I watched the game but I retired early from posting my thoughts and for this I am deeply sorry to my fellow posters and to the Hurricane players,.I asked you to do two things win 8 straight games and make us proud and you did and more. I’m the one who lost the faith…shame on me.

Advertisement
I always face the music and I watched the game but I retired early from posting my thoughts and for this I am deeply sorry to my fellow posters and to the Hurricane players,.I asked you to do two things win 8 straight games and make us proud and you did and more. I’m the one who lost the faith…shame on me.

Super stand up post!

All good… just stay positive. Not every game is gonna go perfectly. Might even have a whole game like the first half. But these guys are competing their asses off and Coach L and his staff are putting them in a good position to have the best possible season.

Super stand up post!

All good… just stay positive. Not every game is gonna go perfectly. Might even have a whole game like the first half. But these guys are competing their asses off and Coach L and his staff are putting them in a good position to have the best possible season.
Cuse in the 1st half would have been killing most teams

This game was a tale of two halves. Syracuse shot 60% from 3-pt land in the first half and Wong began the game ice cold missing his first 5 or 6 shots. Fortunately, for us it was the complete opposite in the 2nd half. Miami came out blazing after halftime with a 20-4 run. Wong, Miller, McGusty & Moore did a great job of taking care of the ball in this game. They had a combined 4 turnovers tonight, with McGusty being responsible for 3 of them. I think the biggest change in this Miami team from those the last few years is the "NO QUIT" attitude this team seems to play with. If this were last season or prior, I seriously doubt we'd have mounted a comeback after being down 18 points in the 1st half.

Although we've played our last 7 games at home, it's still not easy to win 8 basketball games in a row at the Division I level. Less when you're doing it against other ACC opponents. 4-0 in the ACC is a fantastic start to conference play. Not sure if anyone outside of the Watsco Center thought that would be possible. Kudos to the team for making it happen. Big game Saturday. Let's hope our good shooting travels outside our area code. GO CANES!

Advertisement
Last time I checked, this team was not good.

Then I watched Wake Forest and wondered wtf happened. I think I am gonna watch Syracuse in relive too.

Too many soft *** so called fans in here. Giving up on the team in the first half of any game is ridiculous. I was at the game and you could just feel that our boys were going to mount a comeback. (Wong didn't score in the 1st half!) They are not very good at times, but play hard as ****! I do agree with some of you in regards to the Cuse fans, too snarky and full of themselves.

Rewatching through the second half, and Bensley has really developed into a solid contributor
He’s a stud. I texted my buddy last night that I think he’s the best all around ball player that L has recruited/signed since Davon Reed. Really like his game and look forward to watching him develop. Coming out of hs I was really excited about him because he’s a true 1, I had no idea he this great defensively

He’s a stud. I texted my buddy last night that I think he’s the best all around ball player that L has recruited/signed since Davon Reed. Really like his game and look forward to watching him develop. Coming out of hs I was really excited about him because he’s a true 1, I had no idea he this great defensively
Bensley and Wooga are being groomed to replace McGusity and Wong. Do not know what happened with Jakai, he was the highest rank of the three.

Advertisement
Back