Syracuse vs. Miami 8pm ACCN

Advertisement
Extremely satisfying win and boy was that comeback fun to watch. When we are "on", we are an elite offense team.

We have several very good scorers that are capable of taking over a game at any time in Wong, Kam, and Moore. Jordan Miller didn't shoot it well last night, but he played great defense in the second half (6 steals) and rebounded well. Still would love to see more out of Walker. Sam was a little tentative but I thought he played fairly well. Joseph is turning into a valuable depth piece, I love his future here. Wooga is raw and needs more seasoning before he can be relied upon.

One of the other keys to this game was rebounding. For our standards, we rebounded pretty well, especially considering Syracuse is so tall.

Too many soft *** so called fans in here. Giving up on the team in the first half of any game is ridiculous. I was at the game and you could just feel that our boys were going to mount a comeback. (Wong didn't score in the 1st half!) They are not very good at times, but play hard as ****! I do agree with some of you in regards to the Cuse fans, too snarky and full of themselves.
Don't think anyone here was questioning or giving up on the team solely off the first few games of the season. I think it had a lot more to do with how the last few seasons have gone. This program has been in total disarray since 2018. Poor records. Bad recruiting. Good players leaving. Larranaga was a corpse of himself on the sidelines. It's great to see some life back in the program now. Nice bounce back for the squad. Hope it continues. GO CANES!

Advertisement
Too many soft *** so called fans in here. Giving up on the team in the first half of any game is ridiculous. I was at the game and you could just feel that our boys were going to mount a comeback. (Wong didn't score in the 1st half!) They are not very good at times, but play hard as ****! I do agree with some of you in regards to the Cuse fans, too snarky and full of themselves.
You were there. What was the attendance like?

Advertisement
Don't think anyone here was questioning or giving up on the team solely off the first few games of the season. I think it had a lot more to do with how the last few seasons have gone. This program has been in total disarray since 2018. Poor records. Bad recruiting. Good players leaving. Larranaga was a corpse of himself on the sidelines. It's great to see some life back in the program now. Nice bounce back for the squad. Hope it continues. GO CANES!
Agreed...pretty much a ****show the last few years, and in all honesty I was a bit pessimistic about this season after the ugly losses vs Dayton and Alabama. But Coach L and the squad has turned it around and I hope that it continues as well...Go Canes!!!

Last edited:
Advertisement
After Dayton and Alabama, nobody expected this turnaround.
Alabama is legit, but the fact that we got absolutely destroyed by them had me feeling pretty hopeless. In fact, we played terribly that whole Orlando tournament. We also nearly lost to FAU. Things looked pretty bleak thru the first 7 games.

But things started to turn around with the ACC/B10 challenge. We beat a decent Penn State team on the road, and we've only been winning and improving (offensively, at least) from there. Excited to see what this team can do the rest of this season. This program finally has some life and energy again.

Alabama is legit, but the fact that we got absolutely destroyed by them had me feeling pretty hopeless. In fact, we played terribly that whole Orlando tournament. We also nearly lost to FAU. Things looked pretty bleak thru the first 7 games.

But things started to turn around with the ACC/B10 challenge. We beat a decent Penn State team on the road, and we've only been winning and improving (offensively, at least) from there. Excited to see what this team can do the rest of this season. This program finally has some life and energy again.
Bama is good, we were leading that whole first half, until very late iirc. I think we were up as much as 8/9 with 4/5 minutes left in the 1st half. Then it was an absolute beat down from then on. I had little hope for the season afterwards, won't lie about that.

Advertisement
Back