Swing and miss

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Melissa Villasenor Oops GIF by Saturday Night Live

Last edited:
Advertisement
I think more likely he had a committable offer immediately when he visited and up to the point Ward signed an NIL agreement with us. From then We were just waiting on Ward and wouldn't accept a commitment from Howard.... at least that would make sense to me.

The same day that Howard left...is the same calendar day that Ward met with the Collective and agreed to the dollar amount offered.

So, from a semantics standpoint, we are claiming that those few hours were Howard's window?

Okay...and that on the same day, Howard was ALSO told to hang tight because we had one more visit.

I realize that Howard is not as emotional as a 17 year old about whether he is the first choice or not, but it was still a tall order to expect him to wait two weeks.

I love and support Mario, but he misplayed this one. And the false narratives about "1A and 1A" and "both guys have committable offers" might be cute lies to tell the fanbase, but the two recruits knew what was up.

Look, I know what's going on and that we will get someone enrolled soon.

I'm not out there repeating the lie about how Howard has had a "committable offer" for weeks.

I just think it's sad for any coach or any fan to keep repeating an obvious lie.
So d$ was lying?

Advertisement
The same day that Howard left...is the same calendar day that Ward met with the Collective and agreed to the dollar amount offered.

So, from a semantics standpoint, we are claiming that those few hours were Howard's window?

Okay...and that on the same day, Howard was ALSO told to hang tight because we had one more visit.

I realize that Howard is not as emotional as a 17 year old about whether he is the first choice or not, but it was still a tall order to expect him to wait two weeks.

I love and support Mario, but he misplayed this one. And the false narratives about "1A and 1A" and "both guys have committable offers" might be cute lies to tell the fanbase, but the two recruits knew what was up.
Well I'd hope Howard wasn't actually a 1B.
Gunna be honest, I've always thought Howard was a backup option on the level of like Taulia. Maybe ahead of him due to his athletic ability and intangibles.
over a handful of guys I would have preferred over him. And Cam Ward I would have absolutely taken 1st. But I also didn't even think Ward was a guaranteed hit. Definitely would have been the best pure arm and overall talent. Dude had the ability to be great, and an NFL player, but I would have gone all in on Dillon Gabriel as being a guaranteed Stud - at least for us in college.
I think they needed to be recruiting guys to enter portal while Ward was deciding, and at this point we probably need to go all out for Salter. if he chooses Ohio St then Howard. If Salter chooses Auburn, that's ****ed for us.

Well I'd hope Howard wasn't actually a 1B.
Gunna be honest, I've always thought Howard was a backup option on the level of like Taulia. Maybe ahead of him due to his athletic ability and intangibles.
over a handful of guys I would have preferred over him. And Cam Ward I would have absolutely taken 1st. But I also didn't even think Ward was a guaranteed hit. Definitely would have been the best pure arm and overall talent. Dude had the ability to be great, and an NFL player, but I would have gone all in on Dillon Gabriel as being a guaranteed Stud - at least for us in college.
I think they needed to be recruiting guys to enter portal while Ward was deciding, and at this point we probably need to go all out for Salter. if he chooses Ohio St then Howard. If Salter chooses Auburn, that's ****ed for us.
@JustAFanHTX has hinted that there is an unfavorable past recruiting history with the HC at Miami and the Salter family if I understood him correctly.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Like everybody else I’m disappointed Cam chose to the path of the NFL, however I don’t get all this undrafted talk.

So….Cam is going to fail because he chose the NFL but if Cam decided to play for Miami then his NFL chances supposedly improves under the worst offensive HC in the history of UM?

Make it make sense, why you would want someone at their current level that has a late round to undrafted NFL grade starting as a UM QB?
I guess Cam could argue (like Herbert) that he is so good, he overcame Mario.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back