Swing and miss

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dante Moore looked like **** this past season, so I'm not what your point is

You are one of the many I would have expected to get my point. I'll be clearer. Pursuing a "Class of 2023 5 star" who has no P5 experience and expecting him to be your starter in 2024 is bad decision making. Substitute Moore or Rashada for Nelson, pick your poison, it's bad decision making regardless.

Now, if they're pursuing both this kid and also a QB with proven game experience, then I retract my statement.

Advertisement
With whom. Do we really believe a kid who the QB whisperer is kicking to the corner is our 2024 season savior?

Bro, the US legal system has given Cristobal a chance for a hail mary victory. Get Salter and all is well. Any other season he's off the table because of transfer rule. This one offseason only we have an opportunity for Xmas miracle.

We’re all freaking out but this is like life before portal mania. You develop who you have. To that end, make it a battle between Emory and Jacurri and develop the QBs in your room as you should.
If you make it a battle between Emory and Jacurri, you are simply ****ing away the 2024 season with all the talent you have recruited, spent money on through NIL and convinced to transfer in. Neither guy is ready to be "the guy" right now. Neither will develop enough between now and August to change my mind.

Advertisement
Bro, the US legal system has given Cristobal a chance for a hail mary victory. Get Salter and all is well. Any other season he's off the table because of transfer rule. This one offseason only we have an opportunity for Xmas miracle.

I would have been back-channeling that option weeks ago, along with several others. We need to get back to identifying multiple QBs who are "above the line" and doing everything we can to land the first who wants to be a Cane.

You are one of the many I would have expected to get my point. I'll be clearer. Pursuing a "Class of 2023 5 star" who has no P5 experience and expecting him to be your starter in 2024 is bad decision making. Substitute Moore or Rashada for Nelson, pick your poison, it's bad decision making regardless.

Now, if they're pursuing both this kid and also a QB with proven game experience, then I retract my statement.

That's what the video said and my post said man, they're not going after him to be the starter for next year :pgdead:

Flo just said that we had Howards commitment from the first day he visited but Miami told him we wanted to go through the "process" which ticked him off and he had to do what was best for himself.

Miami was confident in Ward bc he signed an NIL paperwork.

Ouch gutpunch. But he did say since Howard is still uncommited nothing is off the table. UM will have to work to get on Howards good graces if they are to land him. Said there is a mystery team also trying t sneak into the Howard negotiations my guess is Auburn.
Sounds like Dawson laid it on thick with Howard and wanted and made him believe he was the top choice. He visited first and was ready to commit. Then Mario got greedy and told him to wait until Ward visited which obviously turned Howard off.

Advertisement
The stench of failure and a God awful offensive philosophy will prevent Cristofail from landing a premier QB in the portal.

Ward decided it was better to go with long shot odds to get drafted than to play in Mario’s Stone Age offense and completely end his NFL aspirations in the process.

Lane Train would have landed Ward at Miami.
:ohlord: and people are now seeing what others tried to tell them. They didn’t believe fat meat is greasy, but they are getting a taste now.

jacory brown

Parks And Rec Spinning GIF

This was a bad miss. Mario wanted to sign Ward badly. I thought it would get done. Now there is a lot of pressure on the staff to salvage the situation.

Miami thought there would be an answer on December 13th and felt optimistic from Signing Day to Christmas based on feedback from Ward. As the process dragged on, people grew more concerned with the NFL.

Ward is making a risky (some would say ill-advised) decision due to his low draft grade, but it’s concerning we couldn’t sell him on development. That’s been a knock on Mario since Oregon.
The last sentence is indeed the most concerning. There is little doubt that if Ward came to Miami and blossomed, he would have improved his draft stock. The fact that he still chose the NFL is an indication of his belief that a year with Marion and Dawson would not be beneficial.

I have no doubt we will find someone. We have too much money and motivation. But the fact that the best of the best are turning down large sums of money and the chance to play with way above-average skill position talent is not a good look for Mario.

Advertisement
With whom. Do we really believe a kid who the QB whisperer is kicking to the corner is our 2024 season savior?
No, not if he starts next year, we need another 1 year rental with experience to fill the gap. Hoping another name emerges in the portal.

If you make it a battle between Emory and Jacurri, you are simply ****ing away the 2024 season with all the talent you have recruited, spent money on through NIL and convinced to transfer in. Neither guy is ready to be "the guy" right now. Neither will develop enough between now and August to change my mind.
Then Jacurri needs to go because he’d be entering his 3rd year and still not ready? I liked Emory’s moxy against FSU. I agree it might be too much for Emory to come in and roll by 2nd year but we’ve had guys do it. It’s not impossible, and if we’re serious about developing him then what are we waiting for? It was Ward or Howard or bust. If that doesn’t happen, then plan c is to go with what you have.

Advertisement
This is all @The Franchise ’s fault. A good Fireside Chat would’ve set proper board expectations.
What do you mean? I was yelling it from the streets to take Will Howard or Brendan Sorsby because they aren’t as expensive and they’re fits.

I‘m going to start reverse psychology when posting. Maybe then Mario doesn’t go “**** you chad, I’m doing the opposite“ after reading my glorious comments.

Then Jacurri needs to go because he’d be entering his 3rd year and still not ready? I liked Emory’s moxy against FSU. I agree it might be too much for Emory to come in and roll by 2nd year but we’ve had guys do it. It’s not impossible, and if we’re serious about developing him then what are we waiting for? It was Ward or Howard or bust. If that doesn’t happen, then plan c is to go with what you have.
Jacurri and Emory aren’t good, simple as that. Another year of 7-5 with poor offensive production and recruiting will collapse, the offensive players we’ve recruited will start to portal out, etc. Mario needs to show significant progress this year and that won’t happen with anyone at qb that’s currently on the roster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back