Swing and miss

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Its hard to tell we just closed on the #3 recruiting class in here. So much “the world is ending” its hard to believe most of us our grown adults. Look i have several issues with mario and questions about his thought process but ya’ll come off as rooting against your own team when things dont go right. Its trendy in miami to **** on our own team. Smh

Buckle up and at least see who we go into spring with. Cuz ya’ll wanna talk about bad optics, its reading this board and seeing what dramatic fanatics we have. Full on melt downs are bad optics.
Yeah, it’s our fault the last 20 years have played out the way it has and and the great Cane hope is 11-12 to start out his tenure and he makes everything with this program a root canal type of process on and off the field.

Question for the board. Where does Mario’s “QB killer” reputation come from? Herbert was a projected top draft pick and came back in 2019 only to have his best statistical season under Mario and proceeded to being drafted top 10

What other QBs did he have that he “killed” professionally?

It comes mostly from the criticism of Ducks fans that say Cristobal handcuffed Herbert because he had a predictable offense and pretty much always ran the ball on 1st and 2nd down.

Hard to disagree with argument about Cristobal being predictable.

Yeah, it’s our fault the last 20 years have played out the way it has and and the great Cane hope is 11-12 to start out his tenure and he makes everything with this program a root canal type of process on and off the field.
Yeah, I got got another 20 years.

I'm done.

Advertisement
1704142485176.png

Can we stop acting like Ward didn’t have plenty of options and it wasn’t just Miami who couldn’t sell development . Also could be plenty of other reasons for him choosing not to play another year in college like injury concerns, etc.

I’m not a moral victory kinda dude but I think it was remarkable we somehow ended up as the finalist between the NFL in the first place with all the other schools and coaches and schemes available to him .

Either way he chose the NFL over many other opportunities, not just “over playing one year at Miami”
Exactly

Advertisement
I believe you are currently Wrong. Unlimited transfers at the moment due to ncaa ruling because of the lawsuits and judge ruling

I am not wrong.

It's a temporary injunction. It ain't gonna last forever, and if you want to take a chance to find IN JULY that our starter is ineligible, that's up to you.

The rule is the rule. It's still in place, even if temporarily delayed from enforcement.

This staph has no feel. Cant wait to not develop another QB because we are stuck in the Stone Age offense

Ward wouldn’t have worked out here - just like he won’t work out in the NFL. This will be yet another excuse for Mario to say, “Well, I didn’t have MY guy.” $8M a year. $8M a year, and this is what we get. A guy that can sell like Jordan Belfort when it comes to high school kids - but can’t close the deal when it comes to mature, seasoned players who know better unless they’re OL. ****, even Jeremiah Smith knew better. Development ain’t gonna happen here - especially with QBs.

Advertisement
I am not wrong.

It's a temporary injunction. It ain't gonna last forever, and if you want to take a chance to find IN JULY that our starter is ineligible, that's up to you.

The rule is the rule. It's still in place, even if temporarily delayed from enforcement.
No one said forever but for Fall ‘24 multi time transfers will be eligible

I’m just glad ESD already happened cause this might have destroyed this class especially at WR if this happened and NSD still came in February
Nah most of the guys were looking at are seniors so they would only play with ygem for 1 season

I feel ya on the 20yr ptsd. But the comments on this thread going full meltdown are bs. The root canal timelines are with mario are partial unknowns becuz we arent in the building, we dont have access to the whys. We just jump to our conclusions.

Advertisement
I feel ya on the 20yr ptsd. But the comments on this thread going full meltdown are bs. The root canal timelines are with mario are partial unknowns becuz we arent in the building, we dont have access to the whys. We just jump to our conclusions.
12-13 without a starting QB in the program isn't jumping to conclusions.

Friendo, no one is discounting that. The problem is that going into 2024 spring practice, we might have only one QB on the roster and he'll be throwing with his arm in a sling.

Fair or unfair, Cristobal has a rep as a QB killer. Fans are thrilled that Nickel looks like the real deal, but hes not here until 2025, if we have another season that hovers around .500, would not blame Nickel for looking for greener pastures.

The reality is that we are in trouble right now.
Wait it out til 1st day of spring Is all im saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back