Swing and miss

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
This was a bad miss. Mario wanted to sign Ward badly. I thought it would get done. Now there is a lot of pressure on the staff to salvage the situation.

Miami thought there would be an answer on December 13th and felt optimistic from Signing Day to Christmas based on feedback from Ward. As the process dragged on, people grew more concerned with the NFL.

Ward is making a risky (some would say ill-advised) decision due to his low draft grade, but it’s concerning we couldn’t sell him on development. That’s been a knock on Mario since Oregon.

This was a bad miss. Mario wanted to sign Ward badly. I thought it would get done. Now there is a lot of pressure on the staff to salvage the situation.

Miami thought there would be an answer on December 13th and felt optimistic from Signing Day to Christmas based on feedback from Ward. As the process dragged on, people grew more concerned with the NFL.

Ward is making a risky (some would say ill-advised) decision due to his low draft grade, but it’s concerning we couldn’t sell him on development. That’s been a knock on Mario since Oregon.
Ok it was a miss. Ward did not decommit or sign with another college team. I will wait until I see who Mario gets before getting upset. We have been here before and will be here again.

Advertisement
I can think of one on the right - recruiting. You can argue culture but that can easily change at the rate we’re going

The OL improved significantly this year. They were really good during the regular season (at full strength).

Guidry was a really good hire.

Both the Offense & the Defense improved considerably year-over-year.

We had a chance to win every game this season (and we didn’t get blown out in any of them). That is what progress.

Recruiting has improved dramatically & talent acquisition is the most important aspect of CFB.

I think Mario needs to hire Dorsey as OC (if he can) and let him call the Offense & manage the game (calling timeouts etc) and he needs to work some magic now for sure in the Portal for an experienced QB (or two) but to say that only recruiting has improved under Mario is incorrect.

Ok it was a miss. Ward did not decommit or sign with another college team. I will wait until I see who Mario gets before getting upset. We have been here before and will be here again.
It was a huge miss. Miami literally had all its eggs in the Ward basket.

Ward is making a risky (some would say ill-advised) decision due to his low draft grade, but it’s concerning we couldn’t sell him on development. That’s been a knock on Mario since Oregon
This is a terrible miss and could be the initial nail in Mario's coffin in a few years

Terrible optics that will be used hard and well against Miami

Advertisement
Because they didn’t offer as much.

Miami’s offer was so far above market value that it made Miami the only real college option if you’re going to stay in college. And far above what he would make in the NFL.

But if you see Miami as actually hurting your long term NFL chances due to the development of QBs under Mario, then the short term gain isn’t worth it, and you just go right to the NFL.
Agree with what u say, but there is no way $3m is gonna hurt my development at all. If I’m worth a ****, I either improve my stock, or at worst, I remain in the same round (let’s say im a 5th rounder). Even then, I go through the same process as im going through now…. with a nice bag in the bank. If I do good and improve my draft stock, I make even more money. Mario and Co. $3m for ONE YEAR, ain’t gonna hurt my NFL chances at all. Whoever advising this kid, is hustling backwards. That’s not the way u play the game.

Someone mentioned McCloud in one of these QB threads and said was trash at USF but look at this season at JMU

View attachment 276392

Yeah I said yesterday McCloud is the Walmart version of Ward. Super Fly Jimmy Sluka is the Walmart version of Howard. Could do worse but Cristobal is taking a gamble on how their game is going to work in P5

Cristobal would have to give up half his paycheck, but I think Howard would change his mind for 6 million.

1704139728667.png

Advertisement
Advertisement
Funny how everyone now wants Howard when most said he was nowhere near as good as Ward. Mario screwed the pooch bigtime and got played at the MOST critical position on the team. SMH

The stench of failure and a God awful offensive philosophy will prevent Cristofail from landing a premier QB in the portal.

Ward decided it was better to go with long shot odds to get drafted than to play in Mario’s Stone Age offense and completely end his NFL aspirations in the process.

Lane Train would have landed Ward at Miami.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back