Swing and miss

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ferman vs. Gaby

šŸ‘€šŸ‘€šŸ‘€
IMG_5844.gif

Advertisement
Exactly. If Miami would have pulled out early, and Cam ultimately chose FSU because we had already moved on, this same dumbass fanbase would have lost their minds. This is the downside of relying on the portal for a QB, they have all the leverage, and a guy like Ward was smart enough to use it. I will say this, the narratives that Cam choosing to go pro over playing at Miami is an indictment of Mario is a bit odd. Maybe Cam is tired of college, and Mario, despite that had him basically coin flipping it, which would indicate that Mario did a **** of a sales job. That said, maybe Cam felt that one more year wasn't going to magically change his draft stock and decided to jump. No one knows what the deciding factor was, what we know is what was said.
I agree

Letā€™s just offer an NFL 3rd string QB lol probably get paid more and get playing time. Just fine someone with some eligibility left.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Me neither and I've yet to hear a single plausible rationale to get the waiver. It'd basically be the NCAA foregoing the one realm they have any power remaining in and seemingly still enjoy exercising that power. To give it up for Miami of all schools? Nah.
Mario is gonna let it play out and wait for NCAA to make decision on baby Tua, there will be plenty of qbs still left in March after NCAA don't grant him the waiver.

You get Howard an nil offer approaching 5 or even above and you guarantee starting...this isn't rocket science Mario...get it done, zero excuses.

we gambled on ward and lost. now go steal a grad transfer QB [from memphis]. we have 3+ weeks and millions of dollars. u can do it coach

Advertisement
Advertisement
Mario is gonna let it play out and wait for NCAA to make decision on baby Tua, there will be plenty of qbs still left in March after NCAA don't grant him the waiver.
Getting a guy in the summer before heā€™s set to start at a brand new program would probably end poorly.

Tried but could not make it through all of the porsts. Genuinely stunned by the level of cowardice displayed by CIS. Mopery is too kind. Baby diarrhea consistency. Man buns and ponytails everywhere. My hope for anyone that depends on you is that u are noles/gates playing a very long game.

Mario was in no-win once wards pitted us against noles. Had to wait at that point.

Last edited:
Weā€™re canes fans
Would be a way to cleanse the stench of the failed Ward attempt.
Hope we reach out to hIm asap with a number that will grab his attention.
With only 2 days to go before portal closes, you have to go all in and likely offer even more than you did for Ward, but if fam is Canes fans and family has connection to a Canes coach, Iā€™d say do it and do it tonight.

Not a single decent option left in the portal beyond Howard who isnā€™t coming here

Holy ****. I wonā€™t watch a single game with Emory or Jacurri under center.

This is incorrect. There are some good options still in the Portalā€¦and there will be more before next season starts. I think the more correct statement is there are currently relatively few quality one & done upperclassmen left that you can bring in for a yr (without potentially upsetting your QB room & leaving it without quality depth).

Further, people on here donā€™t value Emory enough because they are judging him prematurely based on:

1) Two starts where Dawson severely limited the playbook to protect his young QB. How in the world can you judge a QB that is basically allowed to execute on only about 5 plays (including a bunch of short throws such as screens that everyone knew were coming?);

2) Those two games were against FSU & Clemson (which were two of the toughest games of the yr). You donā€™t think itā€™s normal for a young QB to have a few first start jitters/not be entirely comfortable out there? TVD looked robotic, jittery & pretty bad in his first 3 starts under Lashlee before turning it on in games 4-10. It takes time to get comfortable; and

3) Conservative decisions by Emory in those first two starts to avoid damaging Turnovers. After TVD had thrown 3-4 TOs in quite a few games (which gave us virtually no chance to win those games), Emory undoubtedly tried to avoid putting the team in bad positions. See the throw he made from his own end zone at the start of the FSU game. He put a ton of air under that intentionally so it was either caught by our WR or no-one. Emory typically has great touch on his passes. Once heā€™s developed a reputation as a very good QB & heā€™s gained additional experience, he likely throws that ball a little differently. He was simply trying to avoid putting his team in a really bad position.

Some other notes:

1) Emory beat Clemson in his 1st start (something we hadnā€™t come close to doing in a long time). He had a signature win in his first game as a starter (something Iā€™d argue TVD didnā€™t do in 3 yrs);

2) Emory had us driving to tie undefeated FSU on the road in a super hostile environment in his 2nd start (when they were at full strength). We probably would have won that game if the ACC officials didnā€™t take that obvious safety away from us. They know exactly when to make those bogus calls (critical moments like the end of the 1st half & in the 4th qtr). Had we gotten those 2 pts plus the ball back plus gotten the ball to start the 2nd half, we likely beat FSU as all the momentum was going our way. The Conference badly needed a team in Playoffs to remain relevant. That also would have generated an extra $30 mm of revenue for the Conf so they did everything they could to prop up FSU. I think itā€™s highly likely Miami wins that game if the officiating had been fair. That likely would have made Emory 2-0 against two of our toughest opponents of the yr in his first two starts (in spite of all the challenges he faced, including super conservative & predictable play calling designed to protect him); and

3) Emory is injured & that is cause for concern. We also donā€™t have quality depth in the QB room & that is a concern.

Iā€™m not advocating that we stay with what weā€™ve got (and donā€™t add a QB or two via the Portal). We need an experienced starter & high quality depth at the QB position & itā€™s too risky to not add QBs via the Portal (especially as Emory sustained a tough injury). What Iā€™m saying is letā€™s respect a young QB that has a heart of a lion that we havenā€™t even seen at full speed without ā€œone arm tied behind his back.ā€ The feedback on Emory from some of our former greats at the QB position (who have seen him practice) has been very positive. I think he will be very good if he returns at full strength.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back