Swing and miss

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Well, correct me if I'm wrong, but unless he has managed to figure out a way to graduate in 3 years (Spring 2021 at Tennessee, Fall 2021 at Liberty, all of 2022 at Liberty, all of 2023 at Liberty), I would simply point out that he has already used his one-free-transfer and would need to graduate or else sit out a year.
Isn’t there some rule now that rule is no longer in place?

Can we stop acting like Ward didn’t have plenty of options and it wasn’t just Miami who couldn’t sell development . Also could be plenty of other reasons for him choosing not to play another year in college like injury concerns, etc.

I’m not a moral victory kinda dude but I think it was remarkable we somehow ended up as the finalist between the NFL in the first place with all the other schools and coaches and schemes available to him .

Either way he chose the NFL over many other opportunities, not just “over playing one year at Miami”
True

Yep, the only options at this point are a g5/fcs one year rental. Guys like Moore and Nelson might force JB and Emory to leave and Mario won’t take that chance. Blowing up the qb room is extremely risky for him at this point.
Is it riskier than running with one of those two next year? I would rather blow it up and start anew with two transfers than Emory/JB.

Advertisement
Is there empirical evidence that this happened? DMoney literally said earlier in the thread that he's had the green light to commit
Ok. Not going to comment further on this. Take it as you will.

get malachi nelson and avoid this happening every offseason for the next three years
Apparently Malachi ain’t as ready or as good as advertised. This could get real bad, before it gets better.

Advertisement
Isn't the qb from Cal a Columbus grad? If I had to take a guess, he may appear in the picture.
Just a hunch and, no, he is not championship caliber.

Advertisement
Is it riskier than running with one of those two next year? I would rather blow it up and start anew with two transfers than Emory/JB.
Mario cant be thinking 2 years ahead right now, agree

Have to start winning big next year and we know college football is now year to year but yes you need that base which he is building

Exactly, Mario Fuc$ up big time. Can’t go into spring with Judd and Emory. They better make sure they keep JB or we might lose all our WR in the portal
The sad part is we know what is going to happen: We get a 1 year QB from Alaska Tech and every playmaker bolts.

Advertisement
I'd rather take a Malachi Nelson type (ie: 5* from USC/Bama/UGA) and let him take his lumps in '24 to be ready for a title run in '25
Nah.... Lincoln Riley, a qb guru, passed on him. Mario and Dawson are going to develop him? You want a bridge for purchase in Greenland?

Well, correct me if I'm wrong, but unless he has managed to figure out a way to graduate in 3 years (Spring 2021 at Tennessee, Fall 2021 at Liberty, all of 2022 at Liberty, all of 2023 at Liberty), I would simply point out that he has already used his one-free-transfer and would need to graduate or else sit out a year.
Can transfer twice now without sitting this year only I think or something like that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back