Swing and miss

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jason Candle all over again. Mario doesn’t seem to ever learn from his mistakes.
Well Mario, whom I love as a cane, is a grunt. He isn't this super intelligent guy. He is here for talent acquisition. He's not a scheme or gameday guy. He's basically Ron Zook. You just have to hope that he has smart people around him and then he keeps his ego in check to let them run everything else.

Advertisement
Some rumblings about Kaidon Salter on 247...

If Kaidon Salter was to enter the portal he would be QB1 but then we would be in a dogfight with Auburn for him seeing as Hugh Freeze was the coach for liberty last year. It may be another long process to find out QB1....

Well, correct me if I'm wrong, but unless he has managed to figure out a way to graduate in 3 years (Spring 2021 at Tennessee, Fall 2021 at Liberty, all of 2022 at Liberty, all of 2023 at Liberty), I would simply point out that he has already used his one-free-transfer and would need to graduate or else sit out a year.

This is the mind boggling thing more than anything as a red alert - Portal deadline and you need a QB in place for the spring.

That’s why I have been saying what I said and why I paid compliments to UNC for getting Max Johnson and his brother (wether people think he’s good or not - I think he’s a decent college QB) and to Oregon for doing what they did.

Mario ignored Howard, KJ, McCord to Syracuse and Will Rogers to Washington only to be left holding his **** in his hands with blue balls.

He will have to massively over pay for KJ or Howard to try and change their minds at the last minute and consider himself very fortunate or lucky if he’s able to do it.

Cristobal would have to give up half his paycheck, but I think Howard would change his mind for 6 million.

Not to mention Taylen Green, Grayson McCall, Maalik Murphy and many other options who we could have gone for that would put us in a better position than we are now. In my hindsight, Maalik Murphy feels like the one we should have pursued
As some who follows the Texas program closely being married to a Longhorn, I can tell you that Murphy is a slightly upgraded iteration of Jacurri

Advertisement
Portal closes in 2 days aside from grad transfers.

Guess it’s grad transfer or bust really

Yep, the only options at this point are a g5/fcs one year rental. Guys like Moore and Nelson might force JB and Emory to leave and Mario won’t take that chance. Blowing up the qb room is extremely risky for him at this point.

Try to up the NIL package and hope for the best. Not seeing any other current portal QBs worth it. Maybe another gets coaxed to jump in but man it's frustrating that miami has gone this long without a legit QB. Most important position...Kaaya was decent with some limitations but who else has Miami has since Dorsey and Berlin worth anything? Stephen Morris was alright I guess...

Sheeeeet. I might take Rosier at this point. He wasn’t great, but he was excellent at getting cheap yards on scrambles.

I kid, I kid.

Advertisement
As some who follows the Texas program closely being married to a Longhorn, I can tell you that Murphy is a slightly upgraded iteration of Jacurri
He's a polarizing player. Personally I liked what I've seen from him as a young QB. Significantly more than what I've seen from JB. But I'm not flushed with knowledge or tape on him

Do we have QB1 in time for spring practice? This put us 3 weeks behind the curve. Classes start soon and nobody else has been brought in for a visit.

Advertisement
Didn't Howard visit? How did they ignore him?
After the visit by not sticking to the original plan, which was not to wait a month.

@JayCane20 said - FSU couldn’t match the money and they did everything they could to extend the decision making process along with Ward.

Might as well reach out to De Laura from Arizona and offer him a bag and let’s go!

Pressure from whom?

We have a top 3 recruiting class and continue to turn over the roster. Our team plays hard and the long-term outlook remains unaltered; sign a QB who can complete forward passes and elevate the room.

That said, our other preferred target remains uncommitted.
Other. Preferred. Target. Remains. Uncommitted.
1704135912794.gif

Well, correct me if I'm wrong, but unless he has managed to figure out a way to graduate in 3 years (Spring 2021 at Tennessee, Fall 2021 at Liberty, all of 2022 at Liberty, all of 2023 at Liberty), I would simply point out that he has already used his one-free-transfer and would need to graduate or else sit out a year.
They unfortunately ruled that 2 time transfers are allowed and eligible to play in 2024 so he would be good

Advertisement
After the visit by not sticking to the original plan, which was not to wait a month.

@JayCane20 said - FSU couldn’t match the money and they did everything they could to extend the decision making process along with Ward.

Might as well reach out to De Laura from Arizona and offer him a bag and let’s go!
Is there empirical evidence that this happened? DMoney literally said earlier in the thread that he's had the green light to commit

De Laura would be a great option. Kid has some baggage but he can play

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back