Swing and miss

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Advertisement
IMG_0354.gif

If this is true, which I wouldn't even be a little surprised, it's pretty shady. As an opponent, I'd use this as a negative recruiting tool against them.
So a ****ed off quarterback who felt lied to could simply portal out the next cycle, post-spring practice.

Advertisement
I guess that's the problem when you just put your eggs in one basket.

How are all the eggs in one basket? UM brought in Ward and Howard early. Both apparently received a massive NIL offer but are wisely choosing to wait because demand will only increase now that portal closed. And now Salter is in the portal and it looks like UM is talking to him. If we end up with Salter, it would 100% validate Cristobals choice not to move on to plan D (like McCloud or Sluka) just because Ward and Howard didn't commit. Salter IMO would do for UM what Travis did for FSU.

How are all the eggs in one basket? UM brought in Ward and Howard early. Both apparently received a massive NIL offer but are wisely choosing to wait because demand will only increase now that portal closed. And now Salter is in the portal and it looks like UM is talking to him. If we end up with Salter, it would 100% validate Cristobals choice not to move on to plan D (like McCloud or Sluka) just because Ward and Howard didn't commit. Salter IMO would do for UM what Travis did for FSU.
is Salter really in play for UM? has contact been confirmed somehow?

Advertisement
This was a bad miss. Mario wanted to sign Ward badly. I thought it would get done. Now there is a lot of pressure on the staff to salvage the situation.

Miami thought there would be an answer on December 13th and felt optimistic from Signing Day to Christmas based on feedback from Ward. As the process dragged on, people grew more concerned with the NFL.

Ward is making a risky (some would say ill-advised) decision due to his low draft grade, but it’s concerning we couldn’t sell him on development. That’s been a knock on Mario since Oregon.
it wasnt about selling him on development. he has had a relative pushing the NFL hard from the get go.

Advertisement
And Ward is destined to sit on the bench probably as the third Quarterback on some NFL roster. Good luck with that over the long term!
Idk why cribby and the other insiders even brought it up again, they literally just got burnt by the Miami staff and they trusted them again. It's clear that our staff does not have a good handle on where things sit with Ward.

Idk why cribby and the other insiders even brought it up again, they literally just got burnt by the Miami staff and they trusted them again. It's clear that our staff does not have a good handle on where things sit with Ward.
Ward is just trying to get the biggest bag he can. And if it doesn’t come he goes to the league. Ward didn’t even get a senior bowl invite. He ain’t getting picked before round 5. Which in contract numbers doesn’t match Miamis 2mill offer for a season. Makes more sense to take the 2 mill for 1 season then a 5th round contract

is Salter really in play for UM? has contact been confirmed somehow?

Check out the Salter thread. Seems Dennis Smith followed him on X and that Salter followed Isiah Horton. Also UM is supposedly talking to one of Libertys WRs, so maybe a package deal? I have no idea if actually true but if it is...

Feels Good Smoking GIF by Sacramento Kings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back