Swasey

CanesAreAble

All-ACC
Over the years, I've waffled on whether or not he was a chief problem. For the psychic health of the fan base, I prefer Richt brings in someone new. But if he doesn't, I hope people don't panic.

Swasey worked with Tommy Moffitt for three years, so he knows how a top-notch S&C program operates. And we didn't start getting "weak" until poor recruiting and corching infested the program. One of the early complaints about him was that he was a speed guy and we needed someone who could bulk the guys up.

Enter Golden. Now the complaint is we're too big and slow. Bottom line is the head coach sets the tone. He determines what type of team he wants. He decides if he wants his DTs to be 330 lbs or 290 lbs. It's the strength coach's job to carry out the marching orders. Are Swasey critics suggesting he doesn't know the proper exercises to achieve the head coach's goal? Does he have guys lifting with incorrect technique? Is he doing a poor job of motivating the players and making sure they're eating properly? I don't know the answer to these questions, but if he were grossly incompetent, pro Canes probably wouldn't openly champion him. They would just keep quiet.

Again, I have no idea if Swasey's good at his job or not. Maybe he's gotten complacent. Maybe he hasn't been diligent about learning new approaches. But if Richt keeps him on, I'll trust that he believes Swasey can get the job done. Richt has a blank check right now. He's not going to risk his legacy by carrying dead weight if he doesn't have to.

Advertisement
Over the years, I've waffled on whether or not he was a chief problem. For the psychic health of the fan base, I prefer Richt brings in someone new. But if he doesn't, I hope people don't panic.

Swasey worked with Tommy Moffitt for three years, so he knows how a top-notch S&C program operates. And we didn't start getting "weak" until poor recruiting and corching infested the program. One of the early complaints about him was that he was a speed guy and we needed someone who could bulk the guys up.

Enter Golden. Now the complaint is we're too big and slow. Bottom line is the head coach sets the tone. He determines what type of team he wants. He decides if he wants his DTs to be 330 lbs or 290 lbs. It's the strength coach's job to carry out the marching orders. Are Swasey critics suggesting he doesn't know the proper exercises to achieve the head coach's goal? Does he have guys lifting with incorrect technique? Is he doing a poor job of motivating the players and making sure they're eating properly? I don't know the answer to these questions, but if he were grossly incompetent, pro Canes probably wouldn't openly champion him. They would just keep quiet.

Again, I have no idea if Swasey's good at his job or not. Maybe he's gotten complacent. Maybe he hasn't been diligent about learning new approaches. But if Richt keeps him on, I'll trust that he believes Swasey can get the job done. Richt has a blank check right now. He's not going to risk his legacy by carrying dead weight if he doesn't have to.

Please, stop with the Swasey threads already. there is about 100 threads on the subject. good lord what is the obsession with Swasey? We need a whole new staff and for some reason people are obsessed with the SC coach.

im starting to think its the same reason people were obsessed with hating Randy.

Last edited:

This^^^^^

Plus the fact that all athletic trainers have to keep on updating their certifications just like doctors do. My ex used to be a fitness trainer and she had to keep on updating her certifications.

A lot of you have no clue what you're talking about. There is no way they hire him without some sort of degree in his field. The HC is the boss. He delegates orders regarding what he wants.

It is the same reason Deez Nuts, but good post nonetheless, although the vultures will swarm soon to get their daily injection of self-esteem.

Advertisement
It is the same reason Deez Nuts, but good post nonetheless, although the vultures will swarm soon to get their daily injection of self-esteem.

yea i know it is the same reason...but like you said watch people lose their minds at the thought of me suggesting that...even though im right

Advertisement

Its not a racial thing, you don't see these threads about Beard, Scott

Swasey has not been good at his job, its time to move on.

Last edited:
Advertisement
yea he is trash...says some couch potatos on a message board. but no, lets take your word over NFL players and people who actually play football at a high level

so what he survived three regimes, its his fault that the actual FOOTBALL coaches suck??

im starting to think its the same reason people were obsessed with hating Randy.

Huh???

huhh??? now everybody acts clueless

What does Randy have to do with anything?

why is everybody so up in arms about the S&C coach when we need to hire a whole new staff??

Maybe it's bc Swasey has been here for 10+ years of trash and bc he's friends with the right people he keeps getting a pass.

And shame on the folks who made it about skin color, completely uncalled for.

Advertisement

Its not a racial thing, you don't see these threads about Beard, Scott

Swasey has not been good at his job, its time to move on.

how has swasey not been good at his job?? and dont give me no vague bs about they didnt look conditioned. you are not a football coach or player, so whatever it "looked" like to you has no bearing on reality.

huhh??? now everybody acts clueless

What does Randy have to do with anything?

why is everybody so up in arms about the S&C coach when we need to hire a whole new staff??

Maybe it's bc Swasey has been here for 10+ years of trash and bc he's friends with the right people he keeps getting a pass.

And shame on the folks who made it about skin color, completely uncalled for.

friends with the right people? so he was friends with al golden before he became HC?

10 years of trash?? so all of our NFL players that endorse him are trash?? let me guess, they dont know what they are talking about, but you do, right?

Advertisement
Back