Swasey...

Advertisement
Fire Swasey!!!! Seriously, we finally look like we have caught back up to the rest of college football. Swasey, working for Golden, is doing just fine.

With due respect to Swasey, let us not forget the secret weapon in the amazing conditioning, size increase, etc. of this team - the addition of Dr. Tony Musto.

Last edited:
I don't understand how people still don't get this. He was left to his own devices under Shannon. Were you happy with what you saw?

Golden came in and he would not stop talking about how terrible we looked physically. We were small, weak, and malnourished. He consulted JJ and the #1 thing they took away was the entire roster had to be completely whipped into shape. We were so far from a championship team physically it was startling. Golden initiated all of the changes.

Swasey is a puppet, only as good as the man giving him his marching orders.

Advertisement
I agree Swasey is a puppet, but he's doing a good job executing his orders, so I'll give him credit for that.

In the final analysis I think its fair to say that coach Swasey was neither the problem nor the solution.

I think its also fair to say that he has proven himself to be competent at his craft. Again, Im a believer that the marketplace is the best indication of one's value. When I see the number of former players whose financial futures depend greatly on their off-season training choosing to work with coach Swasey, that speaks volumes IMO.

I don't understand how people still don't get this. He was left to his own devices under Shannon. Were you happy with what you saw?

Golden came in and he would not stop talking about how terrible we looked physically. We were small, weak, and malnourished. He consulted JJ and the #1 thing they took away was the entire roster had to be completely whipped into shape. We were so far from a championship team physically it was startling. Golden initiated all of the changes.

Every f*ckin S&C coach is a puppet, give him his **** credit

It's simple. Always has been.

One requirement of an Al Golden recruit is a dedication to the weight room and nutrition. If those words aren't in your vocabulary, kindly see the door.

It translates.

Advertisement
[]_[]nique-31;1590823 said:

Not true. At all.

[]_[]nique-31;1590823 said:

Not true. At all.

Great job Swasey!!!!

Advertisement
Look at the weight room numbers from camp and compare them to last year's NFL combine.
We would have had 6-7 of the top 10 including Linder as number 1.
Seantrel would have been the strongest tackle in last year's draft. Denzell would have been the strongest linebacker.

Love him or hate him, the results speak for themselves.
We were stronger and better conditioned than the gators.

Advertisement
Our OL still got it's **** pushed in. So i'm not crowning Swasey just yet.

Not when it counted on Morris' 2 td passes and on Duke's td.

This was a smash mouth game, plain and simple.
What people should be focusing on is that in a game where the physically and mentally toughest team was going to win, we won this game.

We haven't out toughed a team in a decade.
This is the kind of game where speed teams get crushed in the 4th quarter.

Gators can ***** all they want, but the toughest team won.
Florida didn't lose this game.
They were BEATEN.
There's a huge difference between the two.

Swasey is...who i thought he was...lol

he's good to great at what he actually knows....which is...................Conditioning and speed training...(he was a db, and a db coach) he is a de facto second defensive backs coach on our team.

Nutrition, and Strength aint his thing...still dont believe he has a clue there.

Pro's come to him because ...there mostly from south florida, have a home in so.fla, or former canes.

And he helps with what he is good with....CONDITIONING and speed training......their isnt much lb's,dlineman,ol coming in to work with him.

He is a solid s &c......when randy was here we needed a good one imo. He can make due with Golden...but he isnt some all world type imo.

Someone mentioned Tony Musto earlier and I agree. The change in the nutrition culture is the unheralded difference maker. People don't realize how important it is for your diet to supplement your strength and conditioning. Some would say its more important than the lifting.

Advertisement
Back