SWASEY

I think Swasey sucks.

HOWEVER, Golden is basically overseeing S&C now. He's talked about it a couple different times. I think back when he was hired, he said something about how S&C would be tailored to his expectations. And a couple weeks ago, he said it's going to take another year of S&C to get guys where he wants them physically.

Swasey is competent enough to execute Golden's plan. I think the problem under Coker and Shannon was that Swasey oversaw everything, and he wasn't suited for it, IMO.

This is seriously disputable. I've brought it up many times in the past, jhall is bringing it up in here... I think the fact that Swasey has no background, qualifications, or certifications in the field of strength and conditioning is a major, major deal and is not brought up enough. To not have any of those things and be leading a supposedly major college football program's strength and conditioning is a huge red flag.

Certainly, if you were to hire the ideal S&C coach, you want someone with a minimum of kinesiology degree. However, it appears that Swasey's "credentials" are equal to those at other programs. For example, this past weekend, while reviewing something else on their site, I noticed that USC's S&C coach is listed as having a bachelor's and master's degree in ... education.

Advertisement
Also, Manny did an expose on this last year. The team was actually stronger than the '01 team.

It still boils down to talent and coaching, of which we've had little of either the last few years.

Kehoe can only work with what he can work with.

Kehoe likes smaller, low center mass, quicker, meaner linemen, and he's stated clearly his preference.

Kehoe reflects the same ideas as did Bear Bryant. They were never the biggest men on the field - they just played that way.

Give him a chance.

I always preferred to fight men who were a head taller and at least 75 pounds on me, because due to their size alone, most people avoided fighting them and they hadn't been really tried. SH is apparently one who has been able to skate entirely due to his size. ***** that.

The trick is to find the big nasty's. Low center of gravity, strength, quickness, technique, and a really bad attitude when the mouthpiece goes in.
That doesn't sound like a defense of Kehoe to me. I want an OL coach that knows how to coach OL, whether he's got his ideal guys or not.

Kehoe likes smaller, low center mass, quicker, meaner linemen, and he's stated clearly his preference.

Kehoe reflects the same ideas as did Bear Bryant. They were never the biggest men on the field - they just played that way.

Give him a chance.

I always preferred to fight men who were a head taller and at least 75 pounds on me, because due to their size alone, most people avoided fighting them and they hadn't been really tried. SH is apparently one who has been able to skate entirely due to his size. ***** that.

The trick is to find the big nasty's. Low center of gravity, strength, quickness, technique, and a really bad attitude when the mouthpiece goes in.

Well, Kehoe's ego got too big after '01, because I think he had the mindset that he could turn anyone into a star. He was running off into Canada and parts unknown and bringing in OL that never saw the field.

I think Swasey sucks.

HOWEVER, Golden is basically overseeing S&C now. He's talked about it a couple different times. I think back when he was hired, he said something about how S&C would be tailored to his expectations. And a couple weeks ago, he said it's going to take another year of S&C to get guys where he wants them physically.

Swasey is competent enough to execute Golden's plan. I think the problem under Coker and Shannon was that Swasey oversaw everything, and he wasn't suited for it, IMO.

This is seriously disputable. I've brought it up many times in the past, jhall is bringing it up in here... I think the fact that Swasey has no background, qualifications, or certifications in the field of strength and conditioning is a major, major deal and is not brought up enough. To not have any of those things and be leading a supposedly major college football program's strength and conditioning is a huge red flag.

Certainly, if you were to hire the ideal S&C coach, you want someone with a minimum of kinesiology degree. However, it appears that Swasey's "credentials" are equal to those at other programs. For example, this past weekend, while reviewing something else on their site, I noticed that USC's S&C coach is listed as having a bachelor's and master's degree in ... education.

Hire Dan John or Mark Rippetoe and call it a day.

Championship.

Advertisement
lmao @ Golden running S@C now.
Weren't you the guy saying don't blame Swasey, he was just running the program Shannon wanted, and now golden gave him a new program and he's running that?

Alright i see who this is now. esfny or whatever the **** your name was constantly making up chit and misinterprteting things due to a lack of general understanding of football. I've said on numerous occasions I don't know what swasey does so why the **** would I make that comment? Golden came in and announced some changes now people on the internet claim he runs S&C. None of you still have no idea what swasey did before to compare the changes.

Are you going to blame swasey for a guy like Glenn Cook... a guy who thought lifting weights wasn't important?

When we lose Miami internet fans blame S&C and I don't think S&C is the problem. I don't think swasey is the reason we lose games. People said this crap in 2008 but went somewhat quite in 2009 when we won a few games aginst some major programs. Then it was a problem again in 2010 even though turnovers and penalties cost us 5 games and we outgained everyone in the acc be an avg of over 100 yards. No it's 2011 and people blame swasey b/c they think it absolves Golden from any wrong doing since he's already been crowned by most of you.

The ***ed up part about these chumpish internet web-sites is most of you only care about what people think about you/reputation instead of actually trying to learn the dam game of football.

I think Swasey sucks.

Also, this part isn't really true. There was a breakdown of ACC S&C coaches and Swasey was one of maybe two or three guys(maybe less cant remember) that didn't have multiple degrees in exercise science/related fields.

Swasey is absoulte garbage. He's one of the last remnants of Shannon's failed pathetic regime. Can him now. Otherwise, Golden will pay the price for inaction with his own job.

Give him a chance.

That doesn't sound like a defense of Kehoe to me. I want an OL coach that knows how to coach OL, whether he's got his ideal guys or not.

But Golden and coach O, two guys you happen to like need to get their IDEAL guys but kehoe doesn't? This is the kind of azzbackwards thinking that exposes alot of you.

Advertisement
BTW, IIRC, and I could be off base here, Decker is contracted to Temple, hence the reason that he is "unemployed."

Swasey is absoulte garbage. He's one of the last remnants of Shannon's failed pathetic regime. Can him now. Otherwise, Golden will pay the price for inaction with his own job.

Barrow was part of a the failed regime but not to long ago you were claiming st's were so much better than last year.

I agree Swasey has to go.

I know a lot of you like to blame Kehoe for the Oline woes this season. But I saw WEAK olinemen in the RIGHT POSITION to make plays. They were either manhandled or outleveraged by the USF D-line.

I watched the right side of the line get in their spots and get their hands on the defenders only to be swung aside like little hoes.

Barrow was part of a the failed regime but not to long ago you were claiming st's were so much better than last year.

Special teams was better than last year. They had ONE brain fart vs FSU. Last year, teams average line of scrimmage was somewhere near the 40 yard line on kick returns.

Advertisement
I think Swasey sucks.

Also, this part isn't really true. There was a breakdown of ACC S&C coaches and Swasey was one of maybe two or three guys(maybe less cant remember) that didn't have multiple degrees in exercise science/related fields.

J: Just passing along what I saw from USC's S&C guy. I really don't know much about the credentials of S&C coaches across the country.

All I know about Decker is that he is a teacher. He wants to teach, so that the seniors are later in position to teach the incoming freshman about technique of lifts.

Give him a chance.

But Golden and coach O, two guys you happen to like need to get their IDEAL guys but kehoe doesn't? This is the kind of azzbackwards thinking that exposes alot of you.
lol @ you're being so hard-up for shannon you're flailing around at ghosts here. I've got a suggestion for you: stick to little boys and starburts, as your ability to draw conclusions from written words is sorely lacking. Did you actually graduate from college?

Oh, the substance of your response is mind-numbingly stupid. I don't know who or what you're trying to respond to. But Golden's responsibilities go far beyond a position coaches and there's more to grade him on. Ditto D'Onofrio, though I'd say on balance he did a good job with what he had this year, and showed improvement through the season, which is a lot more than I'd say for Kehoe.

I, like everyone, am not thrilled with OL play.

This is not a defense of Kehoe, because frankly, I'm impartial whether he's retained or not, but ...

Teams are routinely stacking 8 in the box. How many teams run with 8 in the box?

Advertisement
Swasey is a strength coach who has a degree in pottery or basketweaving or some **** like that right?

Dude is 170 pounds himself yet calls himself a "Strength" Corch

Alex, just passing on info as well. Honestly it's not even really the main point of my hatred towards Swasey. We've recruited players who don't work hard in the weightroom under Shannon, because Randy didn't give a **** about that.

It shows.

But people always use the NFLers do defend Swasey and that's garbage. The mark of a good S&C coach isn't taking freak athletes and working them out, it's taking the whole team and making them better. Since our talent level has slipped a little bit we have seen guys who just aren't as strong and conditioned on the field.

I feel Golden has a grasp on this though and he is basically keeping Swasey around because of his connections.

lmao. When did i say that? You have me confused with someone else, bruh.

Barrow can stay or go, i dont care. Our LBs have stunk for years now. Our ST are better but Golden had a huge part in that. Are his recruiting skills worth keeping him around? Eh. Keep him or shytecan him, he's very replaceable.

And why are you deflecting? lol. Typical MiamiNights. This is about Swasey. Swasey is hot garbage and his *** should have been shytecanned last year.

Swasey is a strength coach who has a degree in pottery or basketweaving or some **** like that right?

Dude is 170 pounds himself yet calls himself a "Strength" Corch

First off, his weight doesn't matter. At all. What a ridiculous point, but not surprising considering the source. The beloved Tommy Moffitt is not some thick-necked powerlifter either.

Secondly, I've seen him in person. He's not 170. 190+ easily.

Advertisement
Back