Swag 16

Advertisement
A very solid class and one that definitely will help us turn things around.Looking forward to the season.

I think DMoney can shed more light, but I don't see hardly anyone in this class that absolutely shouldn't have been a take.

Obviously some will take more development, some may take awhile to see meaningful snaps, because of who is in front of them, but this group is talented, and some really good football players.

No Earl Moores, Larry Hopes, Nate Dortch, Danny Dillard, Jacoby Briscoe, Dequan Ivery, Dwayne Hoilett, Kirby Freeman, Ian Symonette, Dimitri Stewart, Kacy Rogers, type players.

Last edited:
You wanted it? You got it.

Post-camp POWER RANKINGS based on practice reports

Quarterman
Pinckney
Homer
Richards
McCloud
Young
Jackson
Bethel
Irving
Finley
Bruce
Haskins
James
Allison
Wright
Mullins
Johnson
Martin

Advertisement
Gonna be what the 2012 class was supposed to be (not a shot at the kids, just at fat Al)

This is the level of recruiting we should always be at at least imo. Bunch of difference makers in this class

Including transfers, this class strategically addressed every single roster weakness. While one recruiting class can't cover up all of our deficiencies, the future is bright. A good season (9-10 W, Coastal, Bowl Win) will allow us to land a game-changing play-maker or two. String together back-to-back good seasons, and we will really start loading up. While I'm optimistic about this year and next, I think Spring '18 is when we'll know if we've become a powerhouse again.

Last edited by a moderator:
When you include transfers, this class strategically addressed every single part of the roster that required immediate improvement. While one recruiting class can't cover up all of our weaknesses, the future is bright. A good season will allow us to land a game-changing play-maker or two. String together back-to-back good seasons, and we will really start loading up. While I'm optimistic about this year and next, I think Spring '18 is when we'll know if we've become a powerhouse again.

agree entirely. given our schedule, a competent coach with an edge (he was fired essentially, he lost 40 pounds, he's calling plays again, he's at his alma matter, this his is last gig, he's grooming his son) and top notch QB with sufficient talent in the skill positions, we should win the games that we normally lose. while we wont win all of them and likely wont be in the playoffs, we should do sufficiently well to attract the 2017 SF players that have been going elsewhere because of our demise. they will come next year (again) and then we will do better in 2017 and, rinse and repeat for 2018, then the building of a program will have begun.

we have competent coaching for the first time in many, many years.

Advertisement
cant wait to see the growth 3 years from now when they're juniors...is that Haskins on the far right? he looks physically ready

You wanted it? You got it.

Post-camp POWER RANKINGS based on practice reports

Quarterman
Pinckney
Homer
Richards
McCloud
Young
Jackson
Bethel
Irving
Finley
Bruce
Haskins
James
Allison
Wright
Mullins
Johnson
Martin

I got a little different perspective based on the reports.

Quarterman
Pinckney
Richards
Jackson
Homer
McCloud
Young
Irving
Bethel
Finley
Bruce
Haskins
James
Allison
Wright
Mullins
Johnson
Martin

Advertisement
[QUOTE=UknowWhat;Not the best Class . . . Past or Future . . . but this is the class that puts UM back on the map as a college Power House

Class of 2016 is what we call a cornerstone - upon which all else will be built.

Finley was such a steal, I never read much on him but the kid can play and hes gonna bring a nasty streak to the secondary for years to come.

Advertisement
UknowWhat;Not the best Class . . . Past or Future . . . but this is the class that puts UM back on the map as a college Power House Class of 2016 is what we call a cornerstone - upon which all else will be built.[/QUOTE said:
Class of '16 was the laying of the foundation for which we will build off of

Not the best Class . . . Past or Future . . . but this is the class that puts UM back on the map as a college Power House

https://mobile.twitter.com/RomeoFinley1/status/767420170176458752/photo/1

Sent from my SM-N930P using Tapatalk

Love u and what you bring to site. I think the coaching staff will put us in the map. We have not been void of talent. I look forward to these freshmen do their part!!!

One more thing imagine those freshmen with golden coaching them as most were committed to him!

Advertisement
Back