SVP calling out Miami Fans

Cold, boring, or depressing places to live will always draw a large crowd. I live here near the Alabama border and I can see why people take it so serious and go to games. There is simply nothing else to do. This is there only shot of having their **** town known for something.

Advertisement
People not from here fail to understand those 25-32 thousand people that actually show up to games ARE the fanbase. The rest are bandwagon wiggers too busy banging pots and pans in their D Wade Wal-Mart shirt they just bought so they could fit in for the season.

UF has close to 50,000 kids enrolled. Miami is at something like 15,000? And the majority of the grads run back up to the north east. UF keeps a ****load of alumni in the state and close enough to the area to come in for home games. It's not that hard to understand. We have no traditionally great fanbase for any team in this city. It's all transplants and immigrants. Unless you're winning and are the "in" thing you'll only get the few die-hards.

92.gif

I was just looking at attendance figures for 2012 and the only private schools ahead of us were USCw, ND, and BYU.

even Scott VP said you look at games in the 80s and 90s at the OB it was 44K in the seats its Miami..no stadium on campus or 2 more ships will change that..

from 99-2003 we were as good as any team ever yet we sold few games iut other than FSU, Uf and UW..( revenge game)...even the last game with VT in 02 was a game for us to win the Big east and get a Fiesta bowl invite...yet we did not sell out...02 was our best year ever for att

here are the figures
http://www.hurricanesports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?&DB_OEM_ID=28700&ATCLID=205549026

Funny no one says a word when K State has a crowd of 50K for their opener, why because their stadium only holds 50K, point is Miami also had 50K but gets bashed because it holds 76K. How about Oregon wanna guess the size of Autzen...54K. I know they draw well, but throw 45K in there and it looks good, where Miami will bet hammered for the same.And Oregon has been upfront that they will not be expanding, up until 2002 it held 42K.

After getting out from under the capital expenses of Matthew Knight Stadium, Oregon is looking to add a couple k in additional seats because those PSL's are huge revenue enhancers.

UM playing at Joe Robbie is like you spaghetti dycked f#ggots getting jerked off by a chick with a normal sized hand. Her hand looks empty with that little vermicelli in there. That's why some of you are smart enough to only date chicks with tiny hands. Likewise, if UM played in an appropriate venue (50K max) no one would ever talk about our attendance issues.

Advertisement
Love how they never mention the fact that Miami is a small private school with a small alumni base trying to fill a stadium that seats over 80k. No private school is filling that every single game, especially when they aren't winning. Even USC with no competition struggles
fill their stadium during their down years.

I've said it before but I will say it again. I love to travel, and I love to rock my Canes gear.

No matter what corner of the country or world I find myself in, someone always throws the U up at me. You think some Peurto Rican chica is going to stroll past me on the beach and say "Roll Tide"?

We're global mother****ers. Deal with it.

Miami's attandance isn't that bad relative to a lot of schools....but it's the narrative now. Add to it we have a huge stadium that looks empty with 50k and it makes it worse. Our attendace is better than schools like Stanford, GT, and just about every private school outside of USC and ND. Nobody calls out Stanford for averaging 44k or GT for averaging 40k with 28k students.

where the **** do you get that GT has 28k students? We barely crack 13k in undergrad

Advertisement
I actually like SVP. He calls stuff pretty fairly. Miami has always had fickle fans. Look at the 2001 attendance numbers. Greatest college team of all time and averaged worse than a Bama spring game for attendance. There's alot to do in this city...

Cold, boring, or depressing places to live will always draw a large crowd. I live here near the Alabama border and I can see why people take it so serious and go to games. There is simply nothing else to do. This is there only shot of having their **** town known for something.

Live near Phenix City?

I've said it before but I will say it again. I love to travel, and I love to rock my Canes gear.

No matter what corner of the country or world I find myself in, someone always throws the U up at me. You think some Peurto Rican chica is going to stroll past me on the beach and say "Roll Tide"?

That's if you want to appeal to Puerto Rican chicas...not that I have anything against 'em. Back in the early '90's I was in Brooklyn, wearing a t-shirt that said something about UM national championships in 83 and 87, ..the only response I ever got was a homeless woman on Montague Street in Brooklyn Heights who said what about '89?

NYC had to be the worst city for a college football fan....occasionally you'd meet somebody who was a Syracuse fan, but most people thought college football was a foreign sport, the same way I regarded soccer when I was a kid.

Miami's attandance isn't that bad relative to a lot of schools....but it's the narrative now. Add to it we have a huge stadium that looks empty with 50k and it makes it worse. Our attendace is better than schools like Stanford, GT, and just about every private school outside of USC and ND. Nobody calls out Stanford for averaging 44k or GT for averaging 40k with 28k students.

where the **** do you get that GT has 28k students? We barely crack 13k in undergrad

Miami has even less, just about 10K in undergrad. Another 5K in graduate/professional programs.

In comparison, UF has almost 50K students. I don't know the undergrad/grad breakdown. UF has twice as many alumni as Miami. 367K to 181K. I would bet that a higher proportion of Miami's alumni are from graduate and professional programs than are Florida's, which means there is a much smaller pool of potential alumni supporters of football. Many graduate and professional students in any university are less likely to be interested in sports team, I think. I don't have proof of that, but I've seen that. People I know who attended various professional programs at UM, UF and other schools with which I'm familiar are less involved in the school's sports culture. They are much less likely that undergraduate alumni to follow the school's sports teams later on. I was unusual in that I became an avid follower of the basketball team of the university where I attended law school, because it became a national power while I was attending law school. (I didn't attend that school as an undergraduate.)

Advertisement

I can attest to that, being British.

Advertisement
Back