SVP calling out Miami Fans

Advertisement
Advertisement
Um. Someone want to tell us what he said so we can all run around freaking out over a radio hosts comments too?

Prob talked about our lack of attendance, yada yada yada. It does make a difference to recruits, etc. And we do seem to show up in full force when our team is on top of the world vice when we are struggling. IMO, that's the nature of the beast in a town like Miami where there is always something to do. Not making excuses by any means. If I lived anywhere near Miami I would be at every game.

Not really. A lot of truth to what he said.

This.

I just went back and listened and all he meant was that we can't claim to be "back" when people don't even go to the games. They don't understand that this is a bandwagon town, the wins have to come first then the fans will follow. If we start out 6-0 let's see how that stadium look for Wake.

Advertisement
Not sure what was said, but can you blame him? Besides UF and FSU, the place is noticeably empty from the blimp shots, and the national audience recognizes it. But tomorrow, the crowd will be out of hand. And hopefully hydrated.

I listened too..he picked us tomorrow to win, but said our crowds suck...WOW groundbreaking

Miami's attandance isn't that bad relative to a lot of schools....but it's the narrative now. Add to it we have a huge stadium that looks empty with 50k and it makes it worse. Our attendace is better than schools like Stanford, GT, and just about every private school outside of USC and ND. Nobody calls out Stanford for averaging 44k or GT for averaging 40k with 28k students.

Advertisement
People not from here fail to understand those 25-32 thousand people that actually show up to games ARE the fanbase. The rest are bandwagon wiggers too busy banging pots and pans in their D Wade Wal-Mart shirt they just bought so they could fit in for the season.

UF has close to 50,000 kids enrolled. Miami is at something like 15,000? And the majority of the grads run back up to the north east. UF keeps a ****load of alumni in the state and close enough to the area to come in for home games. It's not that hard to understand. We have no traditionally great fanbase for any team in this city. It's all transplants and immigrants. Unless you're winning and are the "in" thing you'll only get the few die-hards.

People not from here fail to understand those 25-32 thousand people that actually show up to games ARE the fanbase. The rest are bandwagon wiggers too busy banging pots and pans in their D Wade Wal-Mart shirt they just bought so they could fit in for the season.

UF has close to 50,000 kids enrolled. Miami is at something like 15,000? And the majority of the grads run back up to the north east. UF keeps a ****load of alumni in the state and close enough to the area to come in for home games. It's not that hard to understand. We have no traditional great fanbase for any team in this city. It's all transplants and immigrants. Unless you're winning and are the "in" thing you'll only get the few die-hards.

7 million folks live in Dade, broward..

its hard to get 55k fans out each week

I am just saying $10 parking the rest of the year adds 10,000 asses in seats

Advertisement

UF has close to 50,000 kids enrolled. Miami is at something like 15,000? And the majority of the grads run back up to the north east. UF keeps a ****load of alumni in the state and close enough to the area to come in for home games. It's not that hard to understand. We have no traditionally great fanbase for any team in this city. It's all transplants and immigrants. Unless you're winning and are the "in" thing you'll only get the few die-hards.

92.gif

This douche that hosts CFB Daily on ESPNU was just talking about Duke's play where he had to get the concussion test afterwards and said "Miami fans, all 12 that were in attendance, had to be concerned there..."

I mean, I know we have bad crowds alot, but the FAU game seemed to have a good crowd. Good enough to not have to say something like that.

As for SVP, he usually calls stuff pretty fair. He is a Maryland homer whatever that is. Most people not from Miami just don't understand the landscape down there and they probably never will. The Heat have actually made it worse most likely. Or they just raised the bar for the rest of the teams. You gotta win down there for people to show up. It is what it is.

Miami's attandance isn't that bad relative to a lot of schools....but it's the narrative now. Add to it we have a huge stadium that looks empty with 50k and it makes it worse. Our attendace is better than schools like Stanford, GT, and just about every private school outside of USC and ND. Nobody calls out Stanford for averaging 44k or GT for averaging 40k with 28k students.

this but sun life just looks horrible on tv unless there is at least 60k. we can't draw 60k unless we are playing a big national power, FSU or UF.

92.gif

I was just looking at attendance figures for 2012 and the only private schools ahead of us were USCw, ND, and BYU.

Advertisement
Back