Suspensions

7 playeres suspended for a bowl game? Where they do that at?? DOnt give a dam if they are freshamns or walk ons...this **** is unheard of.

We aint SEC

What does that even mean?

Means winning by any means necessary....Sorry, I dont care about winning the right way...Dewan Huell was arrested for battery and breaking and entering Coach Larranga made that boy run stadiums for a week..Didnt miss a game.. Even Franchise's witty remarks cant distract me from the shennanigans I'm seeing..The Sam Bruce being suspended for something he did in high school has me questioning every RIcht suspension

This. Make him take a fat girl out or something. Off the team is dumb.

Sam Bruce's mom agreed with Richt, but yeah, let's rip Richt.

Advertisement
7 playeres suspended for a bowl game? Where they do that at?? DOnt give a dam if they are freshamns or walk ons...this **** is unheard of.

We aint SEC

Means winning by any means necessary....Sorry, I dont care about winning the right way...Dewan Huell was arrested for battery and breaking and entering Coach Larranga made that boy run stadiums for a week..Didnt miss a game.. Even Franchise's witty remarks cant distract me from the shennanigans I'm seeing..The Sam Bruce being suspended for something he did in high school has me questioning every RIcht suspension

This. Make him take a fat girl out or something. Off the team is dumb.

Sam Bruce's mom agreed with Richt, but yeah, let's rip Richt.

Im not ripping Richt, but there are always other options.

Pete said on the last podcast that with Haskins it wasn't anything major, just "Freshman stuff"...

Look, I know a lot of you guys got a hard on for player discipline & think that not being able to repeat every Bible verse by heart is grounds for expulsion, but at some point we can't just always bash players because they make mistakes.

I don't know why people think these players are always supposed to be perfect little choir boys, this ain't BYU...

I'm not saying that players should be able to do whatever they want without consequence, but this idea that you just kick kids off the team for the slightest infraction is just crazy to me.

I think as long as they don't beat a woman, commit sexual assault, or get arrested on some kind of felony charge, then they should be good.

I'm not saying it's okay for them to be criminals, but small little stuff imo isn't worthy of them being suspended or kicked off the team.

yes but u have to go to class, there are things they expect u to do, things u have to live up to suspending them 1 game isn't gonna hurt them only willis is a big deal and he is injured and wasn't gonna play the rest would of had little impact. now can get ready for spring which they aren't suspended for.

richt said was a one game thing just need them to grow up a bit.

A long thread on 7 suspensions, 5 on guys who don't play, 1 on a guy who plays, underwhelmed, but was injured anyway, and one on a guy who was made up. No ****ing way O'Juan Carney is a real person, let alone a player on the team. An Irish-Cuban football player?

^El Oh Effin El!^

I feel no sympathy for any kid stupid enough to consistently break rules. Most coaches aren't going to boot you for your first offense, but when you do the same crap OVER AND OVER again, that's when you should be dismissed. I know a lot of our fans don't give a rat's *** about the development of these young men, they just want to bask in the glory of victory, but there are larger implications here. Maybe, not just maybe had someone stood up and said "Hey Lawrence Phillips, it's not cool that you like to beat people up, and do stupid crap" maybe he wouldn't have found the sorry end he did. Sometimes, tough love is the way to go, and a kid stupid enough to not get it after multiple disciplinary measures deserves to be let go. How hard is it to show up to class, treatments, practice and not run afoul of the law? That's all this athletic department requires, it shouldn't be that **** difficult to stay out of the doghouse.

Advertisement
I feel no sympathy for any kid stupid enough to consistently break rules. Most coaches aren't going to boot you for your first offense, but when you do the same crap OVER AND OVER again, that's when you should be dismissed. I know a lot of our fans don't give a rat's *** about the development of these young men, they just want to bask in the glory of victory, but there are larger implications here. Maybe, not just maybe had someone stood up and said "Hey Lawrence Phillips, it's not cool that you like to beat people up, and do stupid crap" maybe he wouldn't have found the sorry end he did. Sometimes, tough love is the way to go, and a kid stupid enough to not get it after multiple disciplinary measures deserves to be let go. How hard is it to show up to class, treatments, practice and not run afoul of the law? That's all this athletic department requires, it shouldn't be that **** difficult to stay out of the doghouse.
Academics is your priority winning is mine .

If you aren't eligible, YOU CAN'T PLAY. If you aren't doing your job in the classroom/meeting room, the weightroom and on the field, YOU CAN'T WIN. No school worth a **** is going to sit by and put up with stupid **** from kids on a consistent basis. Jimmy Johnson didn't put up with stupid crap(Celebrations aside), he expected his student-athletes to work their asses off on the field, and in the classroom. They graduated under Jimmy, and he wasn't afraid to boot a kid if he wasn't living up to the expectations he set for the program. In a lot of cases, kids who weren't doing the job were usually passed up by those who were. In a perfect world, the players would police their own locker room, but this program isn't at that point yet.

The two aren't mutually exclusive.

Jimmy Johnson graduated a high percentage of his players and won on the field.

Jimmy has spoken repeatedly that he had a separate set of rules for valuable players that he needed on the field. Bama seems to do the same. Savages need savage coaches. Choir boys ain't winning championships.

Advertisement
Jimmy has spoken repeatedly that he had a separate set of rules for valuable players that he needed on the field. Bama seems to do the same. Savages need savage coaches. Choir boys ain't winning championships.

JJ was likely referring to his days in the NFL. He once cut a player who fell asleep in a meeting. If Troy Aikman fell asleep in meeting JJ said he would ask someone to get Aikman a pillow.

At Miami he wasn't about to let any player put himself above the team. He scheduled a mandatory 10pm Thursday meeting before home games for the purpose of keeping players together and keeping them out of trouble.

We aint SEC

Come on man, there's no down side to this. He looks tough for suspending kids, but does no real damage to the team's chances. Sure other teams let bigger stuff slide, but that's for starters or guys who will at least see the field. Suspending a guy who's injured or buried on the depth chart? Zero ***** given.

Only possible downside is that (if they even notice) people will say look at those Miami thugs getting in trouble like they always do.

We will never be great with Pastor Richt in charge, just a fact.

Don't look at me - I was all for hiring Butch.

Yeah, he never suspended anyone:monkey-serious:

Doesn't matter when you have 1st round talent 3 deep.

I guess he didn't have enough talent to beat FSU, VaTech, or that perennial powerhouse East Carolina.

We've all seen our Canes going down the tunnel yelling "Hit! Stick! Bust Dik!"

Those were Butch's.

Borch is a career underachiever.

Hey, you got your boy Richt. Be happy.

I'm not there yet.

We aint SEC

Do you even know the specifics of the Huell situation? Because it's not what you're making it out to be.

Someone quoted an excerpt of the police report to him. So that means Huell was guilty.

Advertisement
Sorry, Jimmy had that policy since he was head coach at Oklahoma State. Know what u talking bout next time.

Jimmy had a decent graduation rate at UM, but his players were like a gang of lawless marauders on campus.

JJ preached on field discipline. If you jumped offsides he'd kill you. He didn't give a **** about what happened off the field. His guys were nuts off the field.

Academics is just a small part of it--the development and future success of these young men means a lot to Richt and this staff . They have my respect for that stance. Mark Richt wants to win but not at all cost.

Advertisement

We aint SEC

You're absolutely clueless about Larranaga and his ethics.
He has suspended players over the years, even suspended one for a crucial post-season tournament at George Mason.
He had good reason to do what he did with Huell.
He is not a scumbag like your favorite coaches at FSU and elsewhere, and not this **** again with Bruce.
You've already been lectured about Bruce and you continue with the same nonsense.
You're a dense dude.
And LOL at your fellow Nole troll ToiletPaper801 up-voting you.

Don't look at me - I was all for hiring Butch.

Yeah, he never suspended anyone:monkey-serious:

Doesn't matter when you have 1st round talent 3 deep.

I guess he didn't have enough talent to beat FSU, VaTech, or that perennial powerhouse East Carolina.

We've all seen our Canes going down the tunnel yelling "Hit! Stick! Bust Dik!"

Those were Butch's.

Borch is a career underachiever.

Hey, you got your boy Richt. Be happy.

I'm not there yet.

Farchie, this is getting really tired and old. We get it, you wanted Butch.

Sure, keep kicking talented kids off the team...then keep enjoying watching Virginia Tech and UNC dominate the coastal.

When was the last time FSU kicked a kid off their team for minor **** like we do?

Think we couldn't use Sam Bruce with the WR group being as thin as it is?

We are shooting ourselves in the foot

Academics is just a small part of it--the development and future success of these young men means a lot to Richt and this staff . They have my respect for that stance. Mark Richt wants to win but not at all cost.

Then someone who wants to win at all costs will beat him

There can be only one winner

Advertisement
Back