SURVEY -- CIS Members Age Group

What Is Your Age Group ? Honest Response Please

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Advertisement
Advertisement
Speak for yourself brother, I'm a proud old fart. We are an elite group.

Yep we've seen all that. Done all that and know which things to do again and which things to never try again....that's how we reached this age.

You cant just wish or buy your way into becoming one of us....you can only earn it by being smart and staying alive.

Otherwise keep on trying...maybe one day you'll earn the title of proud old fart like us.

Until then young ones ..you're just another fart blowing in the wind...old farts have room clearing staying power!

Last edited:
Technically yeah...barely. so while I am one of the oldest millennials out there...I will never be the true meaning of the word. 8 years in the Army followed by law enforcement has made certain I will never revert into the snowflake culture of my pathetic generation. Though those Gen Z kids are giving us competition now.

We will never be as awesome as the benefits hogging baby boomers though lol ... **** hippies
So if you are a millennial and have done all these things then maybe not all millennials are snowflakes (just a thought). Even baby boomers in their day had snowflakes as well, hence Vietnam protests and draft dodgers.... again just a thought 🤔🤔.

So if you are a millennial and have done all these things then maybe not all millennials are snowflakes (just a thought). Even baby boomers in their day had snowflakes as well, hence Vietnam protests and draft dodgers.... again just a thought 🤔🤔.

I made that argument in that exact post about baby boomers being hippies. Every generation has its stereotypes. I am an equal opportunity generational basher.

Advertisement
Advertisement
@Dawgcane and @jkdood, I did not expect to see you 2 in the old people's group with me.
Off topic but, will show my age by retelling my first football game, Orange Bowl, Miami Dolphins first game. General admission 50 cents, was able to move down to 50 yard line sit good. Shades of JonJon, the Coach was George Wilson, the (malik-able) QB was George Wilson Jr; his son!

Stinky offense, and lost 35-0 to the Kansas City Chiefs!

Off topic but, will show my age by retelling my first football game, Orange Bowl, Miami Dolphins first game. General admission 50 cents, was able to move down to 50 yard line sit good. Shades of JonJon, the Coach was George Wilson, the (malik-able) QB was George Wilson Jr; his son!

Stinky offense, and lost 35-0 to the Kansas City Chiefs!
That was their first exhibition game as I recall. Uncle Sam in his infinite wisdom, sent me on a trip across the Pacific the next week.

Advertisement
That was their first exhibition game as I recall. Uncle Sam in his infinite wisdom, sent me on a trip across the Pacific the next week.
Had to check the archives. You are correct, my memory fooled me.

In checking, I noticed 41% passer George Wilson JUNIOR was also the punter!

Yep we've seen all that. Done all that and know which things to do again and which things to never try again....that's how we reached this age.

You cant just wish or buy your way into becoming one of us....you can only earn it by being smart and staying alive.

Otherwise keep on trying...maybe one day you'll earn the title of proud old fart like us.

Until then young ones ..you're just another fart blowing in the wind...old farts have room clearing staying power!
Good stuff dude... if it weren't for the aches and pains getting older is great. My no it all 31 year old daughter is finally starting to acknowledge that the old fart is usually correct... in the last year she's called me to get my opinion more than ever before. I guess so many "I told you so" finally had an impact on her. Now she wants me to teach her to be a handyman... I just had to laugh. I said to her that plumbing, electrical, mechanical, carpentry etc. takes a long time to learn... so I started by teaching her how to change her oil and repair her electric windows.
I have two kids and I need to be around as long as possible to teach them and help them. I guess that's what life is all about.

Advertisement
Back