Surtain Sr. on Joe Rose 2/8

If he truly believes that rumph is a great developer of talent why didn't his son want to play for him?

His son didnt want to play for miami. Look at where he went. He took what seems to be the easy road.

He probably starts day one here too, they obviously don't believe in rumph because if he truly believes in rumphs coaching Jr. would be a cane

Every one of saban recruiting classes has won a championship before they left. Its not just about starting right away.

So when you said easy road you were talking about championships not easy career choice?

Its both. He probably starts right away at bama and they could win it all again next year.

Advertisement
If he truly believes that rumph is a great developer of talent why didn't his son want to play for him?

His son didnt want to play for miami. Look at where he went. He took what seems to be the easy road.

We may not like it that he chose bama over our beloved Miami, but I don't think any knowledgeable person can say that playing under Saban at alabama is "the easy road."

Based on history he is guaranteed to win a championship in his time at bama and possibly be a 1st round pick. Much easier than going to miami who is trying to build towards being a championship team.

If he has talent he goes first round no matter what school he goes to

Exactly.

We may not like it that he chose bama over our beloved Miami, but I don't think any knowledgeable person can say that playing under Saban at alabama is "the easy road."

Not easy at all. He can be sure that next year's Bama recruiting class will consist of another 5* CB looking to take his job.

because his son is an autonomous human being

Bull****. You can influence without dictating.

That's how good sales people and recruiters work.

when i was 18, i wanted to go to the university of miami. my parents preferred me local at univ of michigan.

guess where i ended up?

Maybe im biased by my own situation and the type of person Ive always been, but i tend to think recruiters and parents have less influence than we think sometimes.

Advertisement

He probably starts day one here too, they obviously don't believe in rumph because if he truly believes in rumphs coaching Jr. would be a cane

Every one of saban recruiting classes has won a championship before they left. Its not just about starting right away.

So when you said easy road you were talking about championships not easy career choice?

Its both. He probably starts right away at bama and they could win it all again next year.

Any top 10 team could win it all next year but heres the thing he was strongly considering LSU they ain't winning sh¡t anytime soon and had them over us a top 10 team and projected to be a top 10 team going into next year, so he obviously doesn't believe in rumphs abilities or if he went by your theory we would have been second

Advertisement

Any top 10 team could win it all next year but heres the thing he was strongly considering LSU they ain't winning sh¡t anytime soon and had them over us a top 10 team and projected to be a top 10 team going into next year, so he obviously doesn't believe in rumphs abilities or if he went by your theory we would have been second

Miami wasnt even heavily recruiting surtain until late. Pete told yall the staff wasnt on surtain like that and surtain said he wasn't really hearing from miami at first.

That's on diaz. He runs the defense and he chose to not make surtain a priority from day 1.

How is bama easy road? They have a stacked depth chart

Because kid said out of his own mouth he wants to continue winning championship's like he does at Heritage and Bama wins championship. He's 100% front runner I guess because him and his pappy had the sorriest team at PPO when he was the alpha. that him and his pappy fell in love with how easy it is to win on an established and stacked team that he doesn't want to have to actually work and build something. Fk that front runner beta.

Because kid said out of his own mouth he wants to continue winning championship's like he does at Heritage and Bama wins championship. He's 100% front runner I guess because him and his pappy had the sorriest team at PPO when he was the alpha. that him and his pappy fell in love with how easy it is to win on an established and stacked team that he doesn't want to have to actually work and build something. Fk that front runner beta.

Ok, what's wrong with that?

Advertisement
I believe in Rumph. Our DB class is awesome...best in years

It’s definitely our best dB class in years but it could have been a bit better. Only difference is this time we had locked up a good class at db before those guys decision but we just didn’t close on 2 of the 5 elite dbs in south Florida this year. But having the guys we do have lessens the blow alittle.

Advertisement

We're getting confused about what "easy road" means. Going to bama improves your chances of playing for it all next year and as long as saban is the coach. That's a universal truth that all dimocrats and republicans can agree on. But "easy road" does not mean that any individual player will not have to work hard within the alabama football program. Obviously I don't know this, but I bet even punters and kickers at alabama work their ****s off and none of them would say they have the "easy road."

Critical fans should be punched in the face, LMAO. Any UM position coach that loses on his top 2 targets, in the state of Miami 3 years straight, is in fact a horrible recruiter. I give Diaz just as much blame here. Nobody on Golden's staff missed their top 2 targets 3 years straight. That's how bad this has been. Thank God the 18 CB class was loaded with numbers or we'd be completely FUBARED.

Whats is worse, missing out on two five star db's or signing them and totally misusing them in the defense? What sends a bigger message to recruits if you want to play at the U? After watching the defense of Golden & No Def, I would not want to come here!

Since I’ve been following recruiting, Broward kids seem to love winners, we have to win bigger at the end of the day man

Advertisement
Back