Stroud ( Sorry Paranos)

Advertisement
Been given Stroud his props.

I say this in all sincerity, but this man is lucky to be alive and that is the fearless approach he takes to coaching and recruiting. This **** is fun for him and he enjoys every second of it bc he knows first hand just how tenuous this thing we call life can be.

Also, while I usually take a strong position on elderly abuse, Stroud will always be the man for this:
IMG_3923.jpg

Advertisement
Stroud is legit but D-line play/recruiting has been strong since Manny came in as DC. Kuligowski didn't put effort into recruiting but he was a very good on-field coach. Jess Simpson IMO was good at both on-field coaching and recruiting. Stroud also appears to be very good at both. It's a crucial coaching position and Manny has always had a competent D-Line coach. The production of the defensive line also, IMO, has as much to do with the d-line coach as it does with Manny's defensive philosophy and scheme. It's not a coincidence that despite multiple defensive line coaches Manny's defenses have always been very strong in rushing the passer and TFL.

I'm not saying that to take away from Stroud, I think he's a beast and because he seemingly plans to stay at Miami and not use it as a stepping stone like Simpson did, he's the best d-line coach Manny has had. But Manny completely changed Miami's defense in a manner which fits the culture of south Florida high school football. The guys Manny inherited defensively had an easy time adjusting to his system, and it's also led to increased player development on defense. Now, after multiple years of high quality results, it's finally paying off in a big way on the recruiting trail.

It also appears something similar can potentially happen with the offense. Lashlee comes in and revamps Miami's offense, just as Manny did with the defense. It's modern, it's appealing to south Florida recruits, and, if it produces results, it will lead to massive recruiting success even moreso than the defense. The results are TBD, but IMO we're already seeing an increase in recruiting on offense just due to having a new system that appeals to recruits and a much more competent group of offensive coaches.

Stroud is legit but D-line play/recruiting has been strong since Manny came in as DC. Kuligowski didn't put effort into recruiting but he was a very good on-field coach. Jess Simpson IMO was good at both on-field coaching and recruiting. Stroud also appears to be very good at both. It's a crucial coaching position and Manny has always had a competent D-Line coach. The production of the defensive line also, IMO, has as much to do with the d-line coach as it does with Manny's defensive philosophy and scheme. It's not a coincidence that despite multiple defensive line coaches Manny's defenses have always been very strong in rushing the passer and TFL.

I'm not saying that to take away from Stroud, I think he's a beast and because he seemingly plans to stay at Miami and not use it as a stepping stone like Simpson did, he's the best d-line coach Manny has had. But Manny completely changed Miami's defense in a manner which fits the culture of south Florida high school football. The guys Manny inherited defensively had an easy time adjusting to his system, and it's also led to increased player development on defense. Now, after multiple years of high quality results, it's finally paying off in a big way on the recruiting trail.

It also appears something similar can potentially happen with the offense. Lashlee comes in and revamps Miami's offense, just as Manny did with the defense. It's modern, it's appealing to south Florida recruits, and, if it produces results, it will lead to massive recruiting success even moreso than the defense. The results are TBD, but IMO we're already seeing an increase in recruiting on offense just due to having a new system that appeals to recruits and a much more competent group of offensive coaches.
this could snowball into something big..let's hope

Advertisement
Gotdammitt gimme Daniel Lyons to go with JJ & Baby Huey Cleveland at DT for '22. That jit look like he really graduated in '05 and snuck back into high school. Grown Man. Stack that on top of LT(and Maason, Pleeeeeze Sweet Baby Jesus) and the NYC Boys. That's building a Playoff caliber interior. I don't know much nor do I care about what Stroud did at Radial Tire U. What I do know is Stroud has been a definite positive towards our efforts to bring in the War Daddies we've been starving for...

Me and LCE been loving up on Stroud since day 1. This dude has the energy and personality to keep landing big time players, and that's the most important thing a position coach can do.
This times 1,000x.

The day he was hired I was telling people on here he was gonna kill it, I didn't hop on no Stroud bandwagon, I started that mf'er...

He was recruiting his *** off at Colorado State, I knew he would light it up at Miami.

He's an old school Strength coach & what a lot of the board failed to realize (because many of them never played football) is that the Strength coach is **** near the backbone of the program & are typically the most energetic & magnetic guys on the staff. They're the unsung heroes who spend the most time with the players & are low key psychologist in the way they have to push players to dig deep to work harder & reach new goals in their weight training.

Football S&C programs are hard, not just because of the physical demands but it's the mental aspect that can break a weak player down if he's not built for it. That's why you usually know who your alpha's are based on who shows up & puts in the most work in the weight room, the guys who hate showing up & putting in the strenuous work on a daily basis are usually the ones who fold under pressure on the field.

Last edited:
This times 1,000x.

The day he was hired I was telling people on here he was gonna kill it, I didn't hop on no Stroud bandwagon, I started that mf'er...

He was recruiting his *** off at Colorado State, I knew he would lite it up at Miami.

He's an old school Strength coach & what a lot of the board failed to realize (because many of them never played football) is that the Strength coach is **** near the backbone of the program & are typically the most energetic & magnetic guys on the staff. They're the unsung heroes who spend the most time with the players & are low key psychologist in the way they have to push players to dig deep to work harder & reach new goals in their weight training.

Football S&C programs are hard, not just because of the physical demands but it's the mental aspect that can break a weak player down if he's not built for it. That's why you usually know who your alpha's are based on who shows up & puts in the most work in the weight room, the guys who hate showing up & putting in the strenuous work on a daily basis are usually the ones who fold under pressure on the field.
I think this explains Ermon Lane

Spot on. Once the offense shows what it can do the recruiting on that side will blow up and we should be pulling in top 5 classes every year.

I wanted manny gone after this year more than anyone but they guy has impressed me with his ability to recognize where the issues are and make the necessary changes. That alone is gonna give this program a chance to get back on top. This whole staff is starting to show out on the trail and it’s only the beginning.

Advertisement
I thought Simpson was awesome and was worried Manny would struggle to find a quality replacement. But I have to admit Stroud so far has more than filled those shoes.

Don’t know why Paranos hates the guy. Maybe because the DL didn’t dominate without Willis last season and guys like Garvin and Ford didn’t take the next step. But you can’t deny Stroud has a role in Rousseau’s breakout, and his energy level is off the charts.

DL and RB recruiting has been leading the pack recently.

Stroud and Hickson have gotten it done.

After how we performed on the field last year and Hickson helped to get us Chaney and Knighton - great job.

Last one we had from Deerfield Beach was Crudup, I think.

Looking forward to seeing which DEs we pair with the 2 we have so far in the '22 class.

And still hoping that Sapp finds his way into this year's class.

Much, much easier to compete for championships if you have a big-time DL.

DL and RB recruiting has been leading the pack recently.

Stroud and Hickson have gotten it done.

After how we performed on the field last year and Hickson helped to get us Chaney and Knighton - great job.

Last one we had from Deerfield Beach was Crudup, I think.

Looking forward to seeing which DEs we pair with the 2 we have so far in the '22 class.

And still hoping that Sapp finds his way into this year's class.

Much, much easier to compete for championships if you have a big-time DL.
Banda had a lot to do with Chaney too.

S, Rb, DL, and te have been carrying their share of the load in recruiting.

Cooney and dvd also pick up slack at multiple positions.

They have all been stepping up their games and justice is bringing the pain too going forward. As I’ve said “ we’ve built a good recruiting the staff”.

They’re young and still learning.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I never see much love for stroud on here so I decided to to do it.

I don’t think some folks realize how big he is in recruiting. Multiple kids parents say the kids absolutely love him. “ The guy never stops , from film , recruiting and teaching....constant energy”

He lives this ****.

There’s a reason his group has been the most consistent with recruiting and on field play. We gave the Cooneys , Banda credit for landing Taylor but he was just as involved if not more. Leonard thinks a lot of him.

Lastly let’s not forget Rousseau , Stroud had a lot to do with his development, just like he did with Manny Lawson.

I just thought it was time somebody showed him some love.
Agreed Cribby. I have loved the work Stroud has done not only in developing the DL players but as well with recruiting. About time someone showed Coach some love, he’s more than earned it.

It will be nice watching the d-line eat when we finally start getting leads with a real offense

Advertisement
Back