Strong/Muschamp/Steele

Which DC do you like best for Miami out of the three?

• Total voters
I’d take Steele. Ypp is a silly metric to base it off I’d rather points per game or something more impactful. We’ve seen Miami have a ton yards but only score 21. Most teams tighten up when it’s in the red zone

It’s difficult to consistently tighten up in the red zone. There’s not much correlation between red zone scoring % and points scored.
The best measure year after year is red zone chances. Teams that move the ball up and down the field, are going to score. Teams that get lots of big plays, are going to score.
YPP is such a good measure of how well teams move the ball down the field on you, and therefore, going to have a high correlation to points given up.

Advertisement
Baker ranked ahead of Steele in ypp the last two seasons... unless you play the SEC card I’m not sure how that’s that big of an improvement
YPP isn’t a very good stat to determine whether or not a defense is any good.

Steele is 63 in a couple months, does that concern anyone? Trying to think of any DCs I remember coaching at a high level in their mid 60s. Seems like most coaches start dropping off in their early/mid 60s.
Lol what? This is nonsense.

Muschamp is multiple. There’s extensive articles on Steele and Muschamp’s systems. Strong is actually a 3-3-5 guy.

Steele is the best fit, IMO. Similar to Miami, he’s been running a 4-2-5. How he adapts to opponent is most impressive to me. He threw out a 3-1-7 against Burrow and completely stifled one of the best modern offenses we’ve seen.

Yep The story behind Auburn’s surprise 3-1-7 defense and how it slowed down LSU’s electrifying offense – The Athletic

Advertisement
Steele
Strong
Muschamp

In that order. I think String could potentially kill it in recruiting but Steele is the better DC at the moment. I’d be fine with either.
My thoughts as well. I’ll take the guy who’s proven it in the tough $EC West for several years and always seems to do well with the players he was able to get

Steele’s 4-2-5 uses a nickel corner instead of a 3rd safety. Would be interesting to see who that’d be next year (Tae 👀)

Steele is 63 in a couple months, does that concern anyone? Trying to think of any DCs I remember coaching at a high level in their mid 60s. Seems like most coaches start dropping off in their early/mid 60s.
Wouldn’t mind an old head with a mountain of experience. Also, of the three, Steele is the only one who doesn’t have head coaching aspirations. We could get experience, competency, and stability with one guy. I wouldn’t mind it at all.

Former LB coach and DC. Problem solved.
Screenshot_20210110-153517_Chrome.jpg

Advertisement
61st nationally in yards per play and forth in his division.

Spin that how you like but I’m not that impressed.
So, your just going to go off of last years results? Have you seen Steele’s body of work?

Advertisement
Complete idiot is a HC but him & Flores are innovative coaches, figured how to stop McVays offense
Patricia didnt figure out ****. He was gone when the Patriots beat the Rams.

Advertisement
So, your just going to go off of last years results? Have you seen Steele’s body of work?

I would take Steele in a second, but people are making him out to be an elite DC. After getting fired at Clemson, what season makes you say wow?

Complete idiot is a HC but him & Flores are innovative coaches, figured how to stop McVays offense
I was basically just throwing fantasy based spaghetti against the wall here. I would probably need him to explain why he retained Al Golden in Detroit too during that absolute ****show of a run as HC he had there.

Kevin Kane (would be DC/DL or LB coach)
Tyrone Nix (would be DC/LB coach)
Joseph Gillespie (DC/LB coach)
Ryan Walters
Derrick Odum
Chris Hewitt (Ravens Secondary Coach)
David Reeves
Chad Staggs
Brad Lambert
Patrick Toney
Scott Symons

Advertisement