Strong/Muschamp/Steele

Which DC do you like best for Miami out of the three?

• Total voters

CanesAreAble

All-ACC
I have no sauces.

I'm just curious which DC people would prefer out of the big names that are being tossed around.

Who would be the best fit and why?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Baker ranked ahead of Steele in ypp the last two seasons... unless you play the SEC card I’m not sure how that’s that big of an improvement

You can't just look at one statistic and make a general assumption...Steele plays in the toughest division in all of CFB (the SEC West, f^ck the east), so he's going against LSU and Bama every year. He held arguably the greatest offense in College Football history to 23 points (LSU with Burrow), and consistently puts out a competitive and aggressive product. Baker got shafted by ACC Coastal teams, and this season, any offense with a pulse hung **** near 40 on us.

Baker ranked ahead of Steele in ypp the last two seasons... unless you play the SEC card I’m not sure how that’s that big of an improvement

Doesn't Auburn play Bama every year? That would mess up any team's ypp.

Advertisement
You can't just look at one statistic and make a general assumption...Steele plays in the toughest division in all of CFB (the SEC West, f^ck the east), so he's going against LSU and Bama every year. He held arguably the greatest offense in College Football history to 23 points (LSU with Burrow), and consistently puts out a competitive and aggressive product. Baker got shafted by ACC Coastal teams, and this season, any offense with a pulse hung **** near 40 on us.

61st nationally in yards per play and forth in his division.

Spin that how you like but I’m not that impressed.

Auburn finished 63rd in total defense this year. Both Miami and Auburn faced 4 top 40 offenses, both also faced 2 top 10 offenses.

Can we give credit to Steele for Derrick Brown being a one man wrecking crew disrupting LSU’s offense lasts season? Not sure about that.

Muschamp runs a 3-4.

I think of the 3 Strong could be the best fit.

Auburn finished 63rd in total defense this year. Both Miami and Auburn faced 4 top 40 offenses, both also faced 2 top 10 offenses.

Can we give credit to Steele for Derrick Brown being a one man wrecking crew disrupting LSU’s offense lasts season? Not sure about that.

Muschamp runs a 3-4.

Problem with Strong is the games changed immensely and rapidly and no ones seen Strong field a competitive defense in a long time. Would be an unnecessary risk imo. I’m not sure how much juice he has left as welll

Advertisement
Advertisement

Muschamp runs a 3-4.

Muschamp is multiple. There’s extensive articles on Steele and Muschamp’s systems. Strong is actually a 3-3-5 guy.

Steele is the best fit, IMO. Similar to Miami, he’s been running a 4-2-5. How he adapts to opponent is most impressive to me. He threw out a 3-1-7 against Burrow and completely stifled one of the best modern offenses we’ve seen.

Steele has coached for Tom Osborne, Bobby Bowden, Nick Saban, Dabo Swinney, Gus Malzahn.....he’s going to have a few blemishes here and there. But all the above guys thought enough of him to run their defense, recruiting, and or linebackers and he has done it against the most competitive teams for a couple decades.

if you bring up auburbs ypp why don’t you bring up four straight top 20 scoring defenses?

it’s a joke not to want this guy when he routinely goes against top offenses and teams and you inflate Baker with our joke scheduling and being the career best for first time starting and backup qbs.

Advertisement
Back