Strong gone

As I mentioned previously, Miami "is spending the money to be a big boy program".

Said big boy program now has 3 high profile departures. Let's put Steele to side because he upgraded.

2 high profile departures. Certainly happens. If I were higher level authority, I'd be casting somewhat a skeptical eye towards who hired GERDis and Strong. Personally just don't feel it's a great look.

Now, next men in at 3 critical positions with Spring Camp starting very soon.

You’re dead wrong on the Strong take. If you don’t get that, that’s just your old man stubbornness kicking in.

Gattis and 5-7 is 100% on Mario, a lot of people gave him a D for last year. I gave him an F-.

But a clown post is a clown post, and saying Strong leaving is a bad look is just a clown post, it shows a lack of understanding of the situation. And anybody that understood the situation, and the individuals involved, would say that it was inevitable.

But you go die up on that hill, Gramps.

Advertisement
I’m a big Kevin smith fan. Brought us Parrish, landed Citizen, and then got the best back from Dade and the best frkm
Broward this year.

The running back room was decimated by injuries last year, but he still managed to bandaid it together for the most part.

He’s on the bottom of the list of guys I would move on from.

Smith > Field
Listening to the Manny/Feldman podcast, I understood Smith as being one of the deadweight coaches that Feldman was talking about. He referenced guys that haven’t previously worked for Mario not understanding and living up to his expectations and the only remaining person on offense that could be referring to is Smith, since Mirabal and Field have both obviously worked for Manny before.

First off; it’s been a long time pimp, so glad to see u back w/ us.

2nd, I’m just not sure of this incessant “have to be right” mentality that’s brewed over the past several yrs here. Like, ppl really trying to die on a hill w/ a slippery slope out here. And be adamant as fck, including telling a recruiting site they’re wrong! Lol. Wow; what a time to be a member of CIS.
If I'm ranking problems on our staff from coaching ability to recruiting ability for each guy left.. Field's recruiting is very close to the bottom of the list to address. TE is so loaded it can wait until next year unless the TE coaching spot is needed for OC for whatever reason.

Advertisement
I can tell you porsters one alpha head coach who wouldn't be dealing with these staff departures/bad hires:

Lane Kiffen

43wsmkuWDuNQX78KwS.gif

@Memnon knows whatz up

Bryant and Washington had nothing to do with Strong.. all Mario. Popo's dad knew Mirabal. Didn't really have anything to do with him either. Pulliam I have no idea how that came on. I think Zo actually identified him in the Spring and then they pulled the trigger late without really staying in touch.

Strong is just getting older.. I was surprised to find out he was actually only a year or 2 younger than Steele. Recruiting just isn't the same as it was back in his Louisville days. You've got to be on the phone 12+ hours a day and Strong isn't willing to do that. Time to make this staff young and hungry.

We've always had coaches recruiting areas, so it's not unusual to have a primary recruiter as someone other than their position coach.

Saying Strong had nothing to do with a player in his position group though is disingenuous. You still get to know who will be your primary coach and if you aren't comfortable with that coach, you likely won't sign there.

As for the rest, I can't speak on how active in recruiting he was or wasn't. The websites get the primary recruiter wrong often. What's posted here is also here say a good percentage of the time. Also, nobody is on the phone 12 hours a day to recruits.

Good luck to Strong. I don't have any complaints from what I've seen or heard.

You’re dead wrong on the Strong take. If you don’t get that, that’s just your old man stubbornness kicking in.

Gattis and 5-7 is 100% on Mario, a lot of people gave him a D for last year. I gave him an F-.

But a clown post is a clown post, and saying Strong leaving is a bad look is just a clown post, it shows a lack of understanding of the situation. And anybody that understood the situation, and the individuals involved, would say that it was inevitable.

I can't hear you. My hearing aid battery just went dead.

Advertisement
After year 1 of a new regime we’re on 4 coaches and counting being replaced and reports from legit sources like Feldman of deadweight, distinction, etc. on staff.
After what we saw on the field and heard about the dysfunction on staff this should be no surprise.

How many other LINEBACKER coaches leaving programs make the top of espn....they really love to sh*t on us every chance

I've already tried to tell him it was Field that was responsible. That was the relationship. He just wasn't coming here to play for a Mickey Mouse program ran by Manny Diaz. Mario coming and promising and showing it was going to be 1st class and legit put us over Alabama. That's all that changed.

Field develops good relationships with the kids and is real and relates. Can't say the same thing about many others on staff. Field, DVD, Mirabal and maybe Kevin Smith.. I just don't know much about him.

Critiquing his coaching ability is 10000% fair game.
What about Rod Wright?

Advertisement
Enjoy living in Amherst mass. I don’t see any other non fcs team hiring him as an on field position coach with the money he will want

What about Rod Wright?
He's fine. I don't think he was the homerun I thought he would be but no complaints. We did well recruiting DE and the players produced on the field. Wayne, Bain, and Acheampong really mentioned Mario more than Wright in their recruitment so idk. Hard to tell where Mario's involvement outweighed the position coach and which position coach actually pulled their weight on the trail.

Advertisement
If I'm ranking problems on our staff from coaching ability to recruiting ability for each guy left.. Field's recruiting is very close to the bottom of the list to address. TE is so loaded it can wait until next year unless the TE coaching spot is needed for OC for whatever reason.
how do we know TE is loaded? potential? we haven't seen it on the field.

That's what I'm thinking haha for Mario to not even give him an interview is very telling
Is it Strong was hired before Steele last year? If Mario wanted him as a DC he would have made him the DC last year so not surprising when the job opened up over the weekend he was not on the list.

Don't even bother with that clown anymore. There's a reason he's one of the most ignored porsters here.

Advertisement
Back