Strength Program - Excess Fat

1. we just had a strength coach that wasn't even allowed on campus, yet here you are b*tching.

2. I just saw a defense that played a triple option team and a team that is what top 3 if not 1 in plays ran in back to back weeks and succeeded, but yes please, tell me how unconditioned we are.

Advertisement
We've left literally hundreds of points on the field through six games thanks to poor offensive execution. At the end of the day, that falls on the offensive coordinator.

If we had punched in a majority of our scoring chances in the red zone, we'd be a Top 10 offense, not a Top 25.

It’s the offensive coordinators fault the line can’t get a push on the goal one or passes get dropped? No this isn’t a video game. Just because you call a play doesn’t mean it’s gonna work. Players still have to make plays

It’s just one stupid post after another for NY.

Now the bar has changed. Rick sucks as an OC because he’s not top ten in the country. So I guess there are 120 below average offenses that are not top 10. If you’re not top 10, you’re below average.

I guess NY never even took a basic simple stat or math course in his life and the concept of average escapes him.

Advertisement
lol. Not a single one of these are real football things. Just dumb ***** you hear at bars from fans who've never played the game.

questionable substitutions is not real? If ar 15 is hobbled and on one leg, you should probably substitute.. not throw A ***ING SCREEN PASS TO HIM

AdrianP is either a troll, a relative of Richt or mentally ill.

No. Adrian has a point. You’re throwing out jargon, like Dorito, without really knowing what you’re talking about.

You say he’s a below average OC, the reverend Rick says, “suck my dlck, nystate, we’re ranked 21st in total offense, that’s far from below average, it’s actually well above average”

How much of that ranking has to do with talent as opposed to the actual offense? A lot.

Elite guys like Richards and Homer and Walton have masked some of Richt's deficiencies.

Wow.

We've left literally hundreds of points on the field through six games thanks to poor offensive execution. At the end of the day, that falls on the offensive coordinator.

If we had punched in a majority of our scoring chances in the red zone, we'd be a Top 10 offense, not a Top 25.

Recruiting is on the coach. Playcalling is on the coach. And now execution is on the coach. So when Richards drops (at least) two sure TDs against Syracuse and Berrios drops a deep pass, too, that's Richt being a below average coordinator? Do you honestly believe this **** or are you just so entrenched in your position that you'll say anything?

No. Adrian has a point. You’re throwing out jargon, like Dorito, without really knowing what you’re talking about.

You say he’s a below average OC, the reverend Rick says, “suck my dlck, nystate, we’re ranked 21st in total offense, that’s far from below average, it’s actually well above average”

How much of that ranking has to do with talent as opposed to the actual offense? A lot.

Elite guys like Richards and Homer and Walton have masked some of Richt's deficiencies.

Literally one of your stupidest posts. Ever.

So you want him to be a highly ranked OC with subpar talent?

This is literally the dumbest comeback I’ve ever read on a board by someone of average to below average intelligence like you.

In a team that’s still rebuilding on both sides of the ball, with a lot of patchwork, you point to three talented players and say Rick is hiding behind them?

No. He’s effectively using them.

Just stupid as fūck.

Not to mention two of them have been injured the majority of the season

Exactly.

Nobody’s saying he’s an offensive genius.

But to say he’s below average, when the stats and results clearly show otherwise, is to just throw out lazy and uninformed opinions to make yourself sound good. In reality, it makes him sound like a braying jackass.

Rick isn’t perfect, and there are specific things that can be questioned and criticized. But this is what smart posters do. They’ll point an an area of specific perceived weakness, for example, not incorporating motion. I don’t see it myself as a big issue, but I get the concern. Rather than just throwing out some half-wit hot take to try to sound cool.
My dude NY taking massive losses on this one.

You cant say Richt is below average when the offense is ranked in the top 25, when the two best offensive weapons have been hurt a majority of the season and when the QB was considered a jag that would never contribute.

You gotta be honest and admit Richt is actually doing a **** of a job. Now can somethings improve? Sure, but the offense is far from average or even below average.

Won't lie I see other top schools and how they develop their freshman they all look way better after going through a year of s&c at other schools. Feel like for years I've noticed that other top teams just seem faster and stronger when watching them.. wish we would have grabbed a top proven strength coach but Felder is doing an OK job not a great one

Advertisement
Were AVERAGING 33 points & 475 yards a game with a first year QB that 50% of the board didn’t think should be here, a backup RB, & Richards out for most of the year. Average OC ahahahahahahahahaha. Thanks for the laugh.

Won't lie I see other top schools and how they develop their freshman they all look way better after going through a year of s&c at other schools. Feel like for years I've noticed that other top teams just seem faster and stronger when watching them.. wish we would have grabbed a top proven strength coach but Felder is doing an OK job not a great one

:puzzled::puzzled::puzzled::puzzled::puzzled::puzzled:
How many freshmen started and played great last year?

Our "fans" really are the worst

Tbh I'm not the biggest fielder fan either. I don't know if it actually him or the talent, but all I know is when we need to get a yard or 2 we get no push on the OL. We also don't get much push on the D-line when it 3rd and short either. I just feel like our team isn't stronger physically in the trenches when they absolutely have to and this is happening vs Toledo, Syracuse, Duke etc which is concerning. We also struggle with tackling and bringing down ball carriers which is also part of being a strong and physical team. I'm pretty sure 2 years into our new S&C program Redwine who is 6'2 195 is getting trucked by a true freshman RB straight out of HS playing his 4th collegiate game. I think we need to increase our strength training so players can make those tough yardage plays and "impose our will" especially against inferior fronts which we aren't doing. Want to know why everyone is frustrated with Richt play calling? because when it time to push the other team at the goal line or for a yard or 2 to keep the drive alive we get knocked backwards even against the Syracuses of the world. (It also doesn't help that Gus is a Penn State dude considering who the last 2 Penn State dudes who were fattening up our players as if Fat = Strength while they were here with that Joe Pa/Penn State type philosophy in building a stronger player by feeding them twinkle). I wish we took a Wisconsin S&C staff member. Wisconsin seems to always be one of the most physical teams in the country with a roster littered with 2/3 star players and historically 30-40th in recruit rankings.

Last edited:
Advertisement
DFdWAVZXkAIMujJ.jpg

Who cares how they look. We get no push on the OL or DL in 3rd and short on obvious running situations. All those LB, except Shaq and Pinckney, do is miss tackles especially McCloud...

Last edited:
Shaq lost weight, Pickney deffo gianed a lot of weight... Richt said he didnt like to practice on Hurricane Hotline, but sure likes to play. I would like to see him in better shape so there is less chance for fatigue but he is a gamer.

Might just be eating **** you know? Its on them to take care of their bodies. The team will only do so much.

Advertisement
Canedog say look at how's a team do late in da 4th quarter to c how da strength and conditioning program doing. Well, how da **** we doing?! Pretty cotdam goods. Keep my mane Felder's name out yo mouth.

I've already tried talking about this and no one wants to hear it, so don't even bother OP.

The "this isn't a beauty contest" argument is nonsense. I'm sure their conditioning (way too many mental errors too) has nothing at all to do with our highly touted freshmen linebackers all taking a step back this season, and arguably the worst unit on the defense now that the secondary has improved.

Yep, nothing to do at all. You guys go ahead and keep those orange and green shades on for a while.

Edit: Also, before anyone mentions Syracuse and Pinckney's performance, our secondary with their turnovers and lockdown coverage won that game and there's not even a debate. Their (very talented) receivers were mostly shut down and Dungey typically had no choice but to take off, get sacked, or throw picks. DBs stepped up and won that game, it's that simple.

Last edited:
Canedog say look at how's a team do late in da 4th quarter to c how da strength and conditioning program doing. Well, how da **** we doing?! Pretty cotdam goods. Keep my mane Felder's name out yo mouth.

Tell me how we doing at the goal line though or on 3rd and 1 vs Syracuse, Duke, or Toledo... I'm pretty sure we're getting stuffed every time, and honestly would we be praising our S&C if Rosier and Langham weren't out here making clutch plays?

I've already tried talking about this and no one wants to hear it, so don't even bother OP.

The "this isn't a beauty contest" argument is nonsense. I'm sure the excess weight has nothing at all to do with our highly touted freshman linebackers all taking a step back this season, and arguably the worst unit on the defense now that the secondary has improved.

Yep, nothing to do at all. You guys go ahead and keep those orange and green shades on for a while.

They'll see it when ND or VT manhandles us up front. When you can't get any push on 3rd and 1 or 2nd and Goal against Syracuse or Toledo boy oh boy wait until ND and VT get here.

Our O-line is the equalizer for other teams. I don't think people understand part of the reason our offense doesn't blow teams out is because our O-line get whipped up front when the defense knows what coming on 3rd and 1. They expect us to run trick plays on 3rd and 2 every time against teams less talented then Duke. LMFAO.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back