Strength Program - Excess Fat

DeadPoets

Senior
I can't be the only one who notices that Shaq, Pinckney, and other sophomores have too much excess fat around their gut.

I know I'm gonna get negged, but these 2 kids are a step slower this season and have coincidentally gained some bad weight imo. And keep in mind I like Felder and what he's done with our conditioning level, injuries are down, etc.

Pinckney in HS

michael-pinckney.jpg

Pinckney in 2017 Miami vs Syracuse
@ 22:05

[video=youtube_share;BgcZ1NUGhTg]https://youtu.be/BgcZ1NUGhTg[/video]

Shaq in HS

6_1305075.jpg

Shaq in fall practice 2017

6_7484789.jpg

We need to get back on the juice

weightroom03-045.jpg

Advertisement
This ain't a beauty contest... I've got no problem with it and I don't think they at any slower!

Didnt shaq drop weight this year? Strength and conditioning seams to be lacking still.

This ain't a beauty contest... I've got no problem with it and I don't think they at any slower!

Not saying it's a beauty contest, but it's not a good look imo when these dudes were faster and ripped more in HS than at Miami.

I mean Pinckney's stomach rolls in that video I posted above were looking sloppy af lol

If we wanna win titles we have to have an elite strength program. Those early 2000s teams were built like an NFL team. It's no accident that we annihilated teams physically.

Hopefully we're just another year or two away from being on that level.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Our defense just dominated that offense that is suppose to run 90+ plays and wear out an opposing team. Who looked more in control at the end of the game. Our defense or syracoochies offense?

Not saying it's a beauty contest, but it's not a good look imo when these dudes were faster and ripped more in HS than at Miami.

I mean Pinckney's stomach rolls in that video I posted above were looking sloppy af lol

If we wanna win titles we have to have an elite strength program. Those early 2000s teams were built like an NFL team. It's no accident that we annihilated teams physically.

Hopefully we're just another year or two away from being on that level.

Although I am very happy with the improvements of our S&C program...we are far from elite.

Lulz. 56nightmares just dominated Syracuse and was ACC defender of the week and this dude saying he fat.

Wow

We have been the better team in the 4th quarter of every game this season, except maybe FSU.

That's how you measure conditioning, ball bag.

Advertisement
That pic of shaq Im guessing is before summer sessions when he knows hes gonna be dropping weight like crazy

I'd love to hear papa Shaq's opinion of the strength program based on what he knows.

I understand though if he doesn't wanna make a statement about a current UM assistant.

Advertisement
The "Felder is an elite strength coach" brigade is just as bad as the "Richt is a good OC" brigade.

They downvote you, call you a cuck, say we're 6-0, etc. I don't think Felder is bad but we're not conditioned as well as we should be.

I'd love to hear papa Shaq's opinion of the strength program based on what he knows.

I understand though if he doesn't wanna make a statement about a current UM assistant.

Pretty sure he stated Shaq had lost a good bit of body fat and made gains in strength as well.

Advertisement
I don't get this board sometimes, man. Dude brings up a point and he gets shouted down like he just asked to sell the program to FIU or some ****.

If you disagree with the OP, tell him why and try to bring something to the conversation, for chrissakes.

https://www.canesinsight.com/articles/slimmed-shaq-quarterman-ready-roll/3741

SLIMMED DOWN SHAQ QUARTERMAN READY TO ROLL
Sophomore linebacker Shaq Quarterman was a freshman all-American last season and became a leader on Miami's defense in a hurry. This offseason, Quarterman has made a big change to his body in a move he knows is necessary in today's era of spread offenses in college football.

Quarterman revealed today that he is currently sitting around 235 pounds after playing his entire freshman season at 250. He said that the number one thing it will help him with is "playing endurance".

"I knew a lot of the things that Coach Diaz wanted me to do, but fatigue is a real cancer when you're trying to play this game and play a lot of snaps so the fact that I lost all this weight and I'm still building this football endurance, I'm really excited about that," Quarterman said.

Defensive coordinator Manny Diaz says that Quarterman's weight loss is just an example of the mentality he carries throughout the locker room.

"That was a self-evaluation. I think he felt when he watched himself last year, at times I think he felt that he was sluggish. Those guys all understood what the season was like -- you look at October when we played 3 games in 12 days and they realized that probably shedding the high school mentality where size and weight mean everything, to understanding the college mentality where quickness, change of direction, speed, power is really what the games about," Diaz said.

Advertisement
Back