Strength Program - Excess Fat

https://www.canesinsight.com/articles/slimmed-shaq-quarterman-ready-roll/3741

SLIMMED DOWN SHAQ QUARTERMAN READY TO ROLL
Sophomore linebacker Shaq Quarterman was a freshman all-American last season and became a leader on Miami's defense in a hurry. This offseason, Quarterman has made a big change to his body in a move he knows is necessary in today's era of spread offenses in college football.

Quarterman revealed today that he is currently sitting around 235 pounds after playing his entire freshman season at 250. He said that the number one thing it will help him with is "playing endurance".

"I knew a lot of the things that Coach Diaz wanted me to do, but fatigue is a real cancer when you're trying to play this game and play a lot of snaps so the fact that I lost all this weight and I'm still building this football endurance, I'm really excited about that," Quarterman said.

Defensive coordinator Manny Diaz says that Quarterman's weight loss is just an example of the mentality he carries throughout the locker room.

"That was a self-evaluation. I think he felt when he watched himself last year, at times I think he felt that he was sluggish. Those guys all understood what the season was like -- you look at October when we played 3 games in 12 days and they realized that probably shedding the high school mentality where size and weight mean everything, to understanding the college mentality where quickness, change of direction, speed, power is really what the games about," Diaz said.

Thanks for this

Advertisement
I'd love to hear papa Shaq's opinion of the strength program based on what he knows.

I understand though if he doesn't wanna make a statement about a current UM assistant.

Pretty sure he stated Shaq had lost a good bit of body fat and made gains in strength as well.

You’re right. But he also said Pinckney gained some bad weight in the offseason. Need to keep our guys in check even in the offseason

I can't be the only one who notices that Shaq, Pinckney, and other sophomores have too much excess fat around their gut.

I know I'm gonna get negged, but these 2 kids are a step slower this season and have coincidentally gained some bad weight imo. And keep in mind I like Felder and what he's done with our conditioning level, injuries are down, etc.

Pinckney in HS

View attachment 52733

Shaq in fall practice 2017

View attachment 52735

We need to get back on the juice

View attachment 52737

Wait to Richt gets his big fb you will see what happens to 205 lbs

The "Felder is an elite strength coach" brigade is just as bad as the "Richt is a good OC" brigade.

They downvote you, call you a cuck, say we're 6-0, etc. I don't think Felder is bad but we're not conditioned as well as we should be.

Lol. If you think richt is a bad oc, you are a cuck. Dude just turned a nobody that everyone thought was a jag into a maxwell award candidate. And still you think he's the problem on offense. Lulz.

Advertisement
Strictly speaking, excess fat is a nutritional issue, not a strength and conditioning one. Our nutrition has gotten immensely better now that we actually have a nutrition program under Bellamy. I think you're also zeroing in on two guys with specific body types. If Berrios develops a beer gut, then we should start flying banners.

They may not look like super models but I don't think you can say conditioning is a problem. ESPN announcers were counting down to the 75th play waiting on our D to bend and on the contrary they stepped up

They may not look like super models but I don't think you can say conditioning is a problem. ESPN announcers were counting down to the 75th play waiting on our D to bend and on the contrary they stepped up

90+ plays on Saturday and we didn't look tired like the douche bags at ESPN thought we would. Conditioning is not the issue.

90+ plays on Saturday and we didn't look tired like the douche bags at ESPN thought we would. Conditioning is not the issue.

This...

They had that stupid play count counter going and the commentators couldn't stop chocking on themselves to talk about how our defense was fixing to fall dead... instead they made play after play and sealed the game out

Advertisement
This ain't a beauty contest... I've got no problem with it and I don't think they at any slower!

Not saying it's a beauty contest, but it's not a good look imo when these dudes were faster and ripped more in HS than at Miami.

I mean Pinckney's stomach rolls in that video I posted above were looking sloppy af lol

If we wanna win titles we have to have an elite strength program. Those early 2000s teams were built like an NFL team. It's no accident that we annihilated teams physically.

Hopefully we're just another year or two away from being on that level.

Clemson just won a title so they must have an elite strength program.
Clemson got worn down by Seracuse and we didn't....does that mean we have an elite strength program?
I don't know but I haven't noticed any team push us around physically and we don't seem to wear down in the fourth quarter.

This...

They had that stupid play count counter going and the commentators couldn't stop chocking on themselves to talk about how our defense was fixing to fall dead... instead they made play after play and sealed the game out

I think play 76 Pinckney jumps the snaps and drops them for a TFL, was great

Edit it was play 86

Last edited:

In my defense I did state in my original post that I've been impressed with our conditioning level under Felder.

Advertisement
I can't be the only one who notices that Shaq, Pinckney, and other sophomores have too much excess fat around their gut.

I know I'm gonna get negged, but these 2 kids are a step slower this season and have coincidentally gained some bad weight imo. And keep in mind I like Felder and what he's done with our conditioning level, injuries are down, etc.

Pinckney in HS

View attachment 52733

Pinckney in 2017 Miami vs Syracuse
@ 22:05

[video=youtube_share;BgcZ1NUGhTg]https://youtu.be/BgcZ1NUGhTg[/video]

Shaq in HS

View attachment 52736

Shaq in fall practice 2017

View attachment 52735

We need to get back on the juice

View attachment 52737

Is there anything you don't complain about?

This 6-0 start is making you and all the other wezzies lose their minds.

I don't get this board sometimes, man. Dude brings up a point and he gets shouted down like he just asked to sell the program to FIU or some ****.

If you disagree with the OP, tell him why and try to bring something to the conversation, for chrissakes.

Well, he's factually wrong for one.

Shaq dropped 15 lbs and significant BF this offseason.

Got any response?

In my defense I did state in my original post that I've been impressed with our conditioning level under Felder.

Total circle jerk by you.

You admit you’re impressed by our conditioning, we just stymied one of the top passing offenses in the country, that ran close to 100 plays, but yet You’re concerned about “excess fat”

Show me one instance where this “excess fat” affected anything. A play, a result, anything.

No. We have Shaq zipping around like a teenager and ready to fight people at the 100th play of the game.

It’s a troll post. Prove otherwise.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back