Strength Program - Excess Fat

The "Felder is an elite strength coach" brigade is just as bad as the "Richt is a good OC" brigade.

They downvote you, call you a cuck, say we're 6-0, etc. I don't think Felder is bad but we're not conditioned as well as we should be.

Lol. If you think richt is a bad oc, you are a cuck. Dude just turned a nobody that everyone thought was a jag into a maxwell award candidate. And still you think he's the problem on offense. Lulz.

Richt is a below average OC.

Anyone who thinks otherwise isn't well versed in the modern game of football, yourself included. But this thread is about Felder.

Why is he below average?

Horrific route tree
. No feel for pace of game. Zero creativity. Questionable substitutions.

Horrific route tree? Zero creativity? Questionable substitutions? Anyone can always improve but you need to spend some time in one of HurricaneVision's posts. He's already got multiple guys running free on every pass play. He can't substitute in Dan Marino to make the play.

Advertisement
Lol. If you think richt is a bad oc, you are a cuck. Dude just turned a nobody that everyone thought was a jag into a maxwell award candidate. And still you think he's the problem on offense. Lulz.

Anyone who thinks otherwise isn't well versed in the modern game of football, yourself included. But this thread is about Felder.

Why is he below average?

Horrific route tree

Horrific route tree? Zero creativity? Questionable substitutions? Anyone can always improve but you need to spend some time in one of HurricaneVision's posts. He's already got multiple guys running free on every pass play. He can't substitute in Dan Marino to make the play.

There is zero reason for Dayall Harris to be getting snaps over Darrell Langham at this point.

Richt also put a clearly hobbled Walton out there for two games over a healthy Homer.

Tbh I'm not the biggest fielder fan either. I don't know if it actually him or the talent, but all I know is when we need to get a yard or 2 we get no push on the OL. We also don't get much push on the D-line when it 3rd and short either. I just feel like our team isn't stronger physically in the trenches when they absolutely have to and this is happening vs Toledo, Syracuse, Duke etc which is concerning. We also struggle with tackling and bringing down ball carriers which is also part of being a strong and physical team. I'm pretty sure 2 years into our new S&C program Redwine who is 6'2 195 is getting trucked by a true freshman RB straight out of HS playing his 4th collegiate game. I think we need to increase our strength training so players can make those tough yardage plays and "impose our will" especially against inferior fronts which we aren't doing. Want to know why everyone is frustrated with Richt play calling? because when it time to push the other team at the goal line or for a yard or 2 to keep the drive alive we get knocked backwards even against the Syracuses of the world. (It also doesn't help that Gus is a Penn State dude considering who the last 2 Penn State dudes who were fattening up our players as if Fat = Strength while they were here with that Joe Pa/Penn State type philosophy in building a stronger player by feeding them twinkle). I wish we took a Wisconsin S&C staff member. Wisconsin seems to always be one of the most physical teams in the country with a roster littered with 2/3 star players and historically 30-40th in recruit rankings.

And did U ever see Whisky's offensive linemen? NONE of Whiskey's linemen have a ' big fat gut ' hanging over their jersey belt buckle! hUh.

They're O-linemen.. I'm not talking about how the OL look I'm talking about how strong they usually are with 2 and 3 star O-linemen.. When Wisconsin need to gain a yard they usually get it same with their defense. Signs of a strong and physical team. We have four, 4 stars starting on our O-line (KC, Darling, Donaldson, and St Louis) yet we aren't even CLOSE physically to Wisconsin at least on the O-line.

Last edited:
It called STRENGTH and CONDITIONING. I see GREAT conditioning just not enough strength. All I'm saying.

They don't get the difference. My original post didn't directly knock the conditioning program - in fact I praised Felder for improving our conditioning level.

CIS is the most sensitive message board in all of CFB. I'm convinced of it.

You critique something, or make an observation that might threaten their predetermined biases, and all **** breaks loose.

It called STRENGTH and CONDITIONING. I see GREAT conditioning just not enough strength. All I'm saying.

I love watching the goal posts move when someone gets called out on bull****.

Keep trying to spin it until you can justify your asinine opinion bro!

Advertisement

They don't get the difference. My original post didn't directly knock the conditioning program - in fact I praised Felder for improving our conditioning level.

You critique something, or make an observation that might threaten their predetermined biases, and all **** breaks loose.

OR...stop creating threads about stupid **** like the body fat % of the current ACC player of the week who's having a really good season?

Wow! There's a difference between being a fan and being addicted. You my friend are addicted. For you to notice their body fat is quite ridiculous. Next thing you know we'll be talking about their toes. Lmao. Let these kids play ball and root for them man. ****! You guys are too wild.

Why is he below average?

Horrific route tree

There is zero reason for Dayall Harris to be getting snaps over Darrell Langham at this point.

Richt also put a clearly hobbled Walton out there for two games over a healthy Homer.

Check out this post . Langham should be getting more burn earlier in the game but he's not losing snaps to Dayall Harris. Harris has the lowest play count of any WR that has seen the field. Homer should have played more once Walton got hurt. Against FSU, I don't think Richt trusted Homer in pass protection given what we experience last year against FSU's DLine. When you consider substitution patterns that they do continually each game, if those are the only two then they are insignificant in the grand scheme. (I'm sure that there may be others but those two are the most glaring that stand out).

Richt's primary problem is he has to figure out how to be effective in short yardage situations particularly in the red zone.

Also, as great as Rozier has been, he's primarily a rhythm passer whose still only has 7 starts under his belt. I've started noticing against Syracuse, several instance where if his primary option wasn't open, he was quick to run even though he has a pocket. It made me remember a quote that Schnellenberger (who knew something about QBs) said about Kosar, "He didn't just hit the open receiver, he hit the right open receiver". Once Rozier learns to regularly go to his second or third reads and hit the receiver that's open 20 yards down field, this offense is going to take off and look completely different. Then everyone will be calling Richt a "gawd" again.

The "Felder is an elite strength coach" brigade is just as bad as the "Richt is a good OC" brigade.

They downvote you, call you a cuck, say we're 6-0, etc. I don't think Felder is bad but we're not conditioned as well as we should be.

Pretty much every statistical category this year would prove your statement incorrect. Well above average in most. Has also been spot on with play calls with the game on the line all year. Not to mention his illustrious history as an OC. Make an argument if you must, but don't be an idiot about it. It destroys credibility. Maybe you are not well versed in "the modern game of football"

Advertisement
I don't care about the WEZ. the 3 I mentioned and ariand guy are just clueless, devoid of any football acumen.

You care enough to call all 9 of us a homophobic slur. Get it together.

Dead poets, nystate and chosen are some of the least knowledgeable worst posters here. The wez is a bunch of fegs. A circle jerk with 3 these as the pivot men.

wish we could trim the fat and these guys would just kill themselves...

You should be careful about making posts like these. Some girl is going to jail for telling her boyfriend to kill himself, and he did. If the guys you're talking about did the same, you're fvkkd.

Id advise keeping a lawyer on retainer. Might I suggest visiting the WEZ for one.

God bless.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't care about the WEZ. the 3 I mentioned and ariand guy are just clueless, devoid of any football acumen.

You care enough to call all 9 of us a homophobic slur. Get it together.

Dead poets, nystate and chosen are some of the least knowledgeable worst posters here. The wez is a bunch of fegs. A circle jerk with 3 these as the pivot men.

wish we could trim the fat and these guys would just kill themselves...

You should be careful about making posts like these. Some girl is going to jail for telling her boyfriend to kill himself, and he did. If the guys you're talking about did the same, you're fvkkd.

Id advise keeping a lawyer on retainer. Might a suggest visiting the WEZ for one.

God bless.[/QUOTE

Overplayed your hand, my wez friend.

A few things:

Regarding the OP, maybe conditioning isn't the right thing but you're either not paying attention or wearing goggles if you haven't noticed our LBs have at times looked a step slow. Maybe its reads/techniques not athleticism/body thing but its worth talking about. Look at the jet sweep vs Syracuse, several chunk runs vs Duke, how effortlessly GT was getting to the corner on their toss sweeps, FSU long runs etc.

plot twist: You can be playing overall well and still have things to criticize/get better at. For example offense and defense, overall, has performed well but if you're happy with our 3rd down percentage on either side of the ball you're lying to yourself.

Also regarding this point you can, AT THE SAMETIME say offense has played overall well but still say Richt has some work to do as an OC: 3rd downs (we're not every good) weird play call decisions (jump balls to sub 6'0 WR, especially in the redzone, when we have Herdon/Langdon and Homer at RB, the lack of creativity (motions, shifts, trips/bunches, etc)

By the same token the defense, overall, played well you can't seriously be happy giving up 264 yards rushing 5.2/avg to Syracuse. Duke ran for 183 4.0/avg, FSU ran for 203 4.7/avg with a freshman QB and only 1 threat at WR. We can't be elite on the dline and elite at LB and get ran on like this. I'm not going to include GT for obvious reason but they ran for a lot too.

Speaking of Richt OC abilities we haven't outrushed an opponent since Toledo

Yes we are 6-0 and none of the things mentioned has cost us a win as of yet but we aren't perfect and pointing out/discussing flaws should be a healthy part of a team messageboard.

just my 2 cents

OR...stop creating threads about stupid **** like the body fat % of the current ACC player of the week who's having a really good season?

Your talking about ONE player though.

As for my argument, I'm not talking about a player or a couple players on the team. I'm taking about the entire team from Joe Jackson to Bar Milo from Scholarship player number 1 to scholarship player number 73. The conditioning is unquestionably better then it EVER been here in the last decade plus. Limiting a team who ran 93 plays to 19 points is signs of a ELITE conditioning program. My concern is the strength of our team especially in the trenches when it time to buckle our chain strap and push the Syracuse's of the world backwards to get a 1st down on 3rd and 1 or stuff a 3rd and short defensively when BOTH teams know whats coming. When I compare our team's physicality NOT to a Alabama, UGA, or ND as those teams get 4/5 star athletes year round, but a Wisconsin team that has a roster littered with 2/3 star players from areas like Minnesota, Wyoming, Wisconsin, Illinois places that are not known for being futile recruiting grounds like South Florida I just wonder why do we not look, in year 2 of our Strength program, as physical as a Wisconsin or even a Michigan State AS A TEAM with 4 star players across our fronts?.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Were AVERAGING 33 points & 475 yards a game with a first year QB that 50% of the board didn’t think should be here, a backup RB, & Richards out for most of the year. Average OC ahahahahahahahahaha. Thanks for the laugh.

Weren't you calling for his head after the numerous fades to Harley?

The bottom line is this: Without the two incredible Langham plays, we're 4-2 and the sentiment around here of Richt as an OC is drastically different.

Let's see what happens today. We should be able to score at will vs a depleted UNC defense.

The bottom line is this: Without the two incredible Langham plays, we're 4-2 and the sentiment around here of Richt as an OC is drastically different.

Let's see what happens today. We should be able to score at will vs a depleted UNC defense.

Lol. Malik Rosier is a Maxwell Award candidate. Repeat that sentence. Malik Rosier is a Maxwell Award candidate. And this cuck up here is STILL scapegoating Richt for close calls. Richt is pulling off a minor miracle turning this transfer candidate into a godforsaken Maxwell Award candidate and this cuck STILL wants to scapegoat Richt. Lulz

Advertisement

Lol. Malik Rosier is a Maxwell Award candidate. Repeat that sentence. Malik Rosier is a Maxwell Award candidate. And this cuck up here is STILL scapegoating Richt for close calls. Richt is pulling off a minor miracle turning this transfer candidate into a godforsaken Maxwell Award candidate and this cuck STILL wants to scapegoat Richt. Lulz

Do you get a prize every time you use the term "cuck"?

Do you get a prize every time you use the term "cuck"?

Lol not at all. I consider it my civic duty to call out the cucks when I see em. And you sir are the prototype. I know you're on your knees praying desperately for miami to lose so you can gloat about being right. I already know your kind.

Pretty much this. Lots of new posters in here seem to be experts in this thread.

Richts offense dies with 2 quarters every game. Now you can blame it on the players but as a coach he struggles to find anything that works for 2 quarters every game. We either start hot the die in the 2nd and 3rd or we start slow and play well the 2nd half.

He is a good OC just not great.

As for the strength portion of this thread. In the last two games we have had the ball inside the 5 yard line 5 times, we have 1 touchdown. Our Oline is not getting the job done when it needs to. I'm not ready to say our entire team is fat and weak but the Oline really needs to improve pushing people back.

Pretty much this. Lots of new posters in here seem to be experts in this thread.

Richts offense dies with 2 quarters every game. Now you can blame it on the players but as a coach he struggles to find anything that works for 2 quarters every game. We either start hot the die in the 2nd and 3rd or we start slow and play well the 2nd half.

He is a good OC just not great.

As for the strength portion of this thread. In the last two games we have had the ball inside the 5 yard line 5 times, we have 1 touchdown. Our Oline is not getting the job done when it needs to. I'm not ready to say our entire team is fat and weak but the Oline really needs to improve pushing people back.

And I'll throw one more stat at you all. We are like 100th in red zone TD%. That is a combination of play calling and the Oline getting no push. It's also what has caused the last 3 games to be so close. If we don't start scoring TD's VT and ND will work us.

Advertisement
Back