Streeter and Miller on draft

Problem2

All-American
Premium
#UM RB Lamar Miller said only way he makes jump to NFL early is if he's told he will be a 1st rounder
55 minutes ago

#UM WR Tommy Streeter said he isn't thinking about NFL, looking forward to coming back. Still, expect him to wait and see what NFL says
49 minutes ago

RT @sgorten: Brandon Washington: "Yes Im going 2 be here. Cause I see the change in the program. I see the change in the kids + how everybodys buying in"
11 minutes ago

Last edited:
Advertisement
#UM RB Lamar Miller said only way he makes jump to NFL early is if he's told he will be a 1st rounder
55 minutes ago

#UM WR Tommy Streeter said he isn't thinking about NFL, looking forward to coming back. Still, expect him to wait and see what NFL says
49 minutes ago

Whoa @ Miller. I expect him to leave even if he gets word he's a 2nd rounder. However, if true...

**** just got real.

This team with Miller/Clements/James/Johnson next year, along with Streeter/Dorsett/Hurns/etc., and Ryan Williams :))) accurately hitting the seams...

That's exciting.

Defense will remain the question. You think they get better Lu?

55 minutes ago

49 minutes ago

Whoa @ Miller. I expect him to leave even if he gets word he's a 2nd rounder. However, if true...

**** just got real.

This team with Miller/Clements/James/Johnson next year, along with Streeter/Dorsett/Hurns/etc., and Ryan Williams :))) accurately hitting the seams...

That's exciting.

That team can score. If we can get recruit some DBs and Chick, Perryman, Smith, Gaines, Paul, Grimble improve like everyone hopes they will under this staff it could be a fun season. Forston living up to the hype and Buchanon getting a shirt would help too.

55 minutes ago

49 minutes ago

**** just got real.

That's exciting.

defense has gotten better already and should improve with the Corners we're bringing in. Big question is oline, if they continue to regress.

Advertisement
If Healthy the defense will be pretty good next year. Noticeable improvement since Vernon came back. Throw Porter and Buchanan into the mix and our D will be good.

55 minutes ago

49 minutes ago

**** just got real.

That's exciting.

Barring injury, I have no doubt you'll see a significant leap from year 1 to year 2 in a zone-based system. Our guys could literally not work at all and they'd still be more comfortable with some of the responsibilities and the communication necessary to run those coverages.

How much better is the question.

It's convenient after Saturday, but I've always been a big Curtis Porter fan. If Butch covets you as a defensive player, well...you've got my eye regardless. I'm a big fan of Vernon and think he's underperformed. He'll be chasing money next year. Chickillo is Chickillo. We have a host of contributors at DL and that's not counting Forston's talent. I won't count on him, though.

Spence is our best defender and he's gone. If we can lose a guy, though, it'd be Spence. Why? Perryman is born to be a WLB. He's Dexter Coakley reincarnated. Will there be a dropoff? Sure. I think it'll be smaller than people expect. Buchanan will be back and will contribute in Nickel and Dime packages at the very least.

I think we go after a JuCo Corner. I think we see a Frosh play corner next year.

Find me Safeties, please.

55 minutes ago

49 minutes ago

**** just got real.

That's exciting.

Barring injury, I have no doubt you'll see a significant leap from year 1 to year 2 in a zone-based system. Our guys could literally not work at all and they'd still be more comfortable with some of the responsibilities and the communication necessary to run those coverages.

It's convenient after Saturday, but I've always been a big Curtis Porter fan. If Butch covets you as a defensive player, well...you've got my eye regardless. I'm a big fan of Vernon and think he's underperformed. He'll be chasing money next year. Chickillo is Chickillo. We have a host of contributors at DL and that's not counting Forston's talent. I won't count on him, though.

Spence is our best defender and he's gone. If we can lose a guy, though, it'd be Spence. Why? Perryman is born to be a WLB. He's Dexter Coakley reincarnated. Will there be a dropoff? Sure. I think it'll be smaller than people expect. Buchanan will be back and will contribute in Nickel and Dime packages at the very least.

I think we go after a JuCo Corner. I think we see a Frosh play corner next year.

Do you see Golden benching VT and RRA? I realize Golden has said it's all about competition, but it would be sending that message home if someone comes in and beats those 2 out for a starting gig.

Advertisement
Miller a 3rd rounder at best.

Only point that might force the issue is that shoulder. If I remember correctly he had issues with it in HS. Might think he needs to jump to get paid before that shoulder costs him.

55 minutes ago

49 minutes ago

**** just got real.

That's exciting.

Do you see Golden benching VT and RRA? I realize Golden has said it's all about competition, but it would be sending that message home if someone comes in and beats those 2 out for a starting gig.

I don't really know the alternatives. I can't really see VT taking a seat, though. I hope he spends the entire offseason slimming down some and working on his flexibility.

Lu: Why do you think VT needs to slim down? I don't think he is too big. I've seen him out a couple times and he is not overly muscular or big.

Don't think his hips are quick enough?

Lu: Why do you think VT needs to slim down? I don't think he is too big. I've seen him out a couple times and he is not overly muscular or big.

Don't think his hips are quick enough?

He's never been fast. We know that much. But, he seems stiffer than when he arrived on campus and the subsequent year. Speed is one thing, but you can get away with a lot at Safety. His angles and short area movements seem worse than last year. I mean, that doesn't make sense to me. He's put on weight since he's been here for sure. He's not an overly big guy anyway, as you said. I'll let D$ touch on this subject more since there are few who know VT as well as D$.

Advertisement
Mr. Maque is slow and I would not describe him as "athletic" either.

I just don't see him as a guy that'll ever be the guy we think he should be. I've thrown in the towel.

Advertisement

I just don't see him as a guy that'll ever be the guy we think he should be. I've thrown in the towel.

He did have a nice pass breakup last week vs USF. Same play that he would've made in the FSU game had he not taken himself out for some stupid reason

He's an upgrade over Lovon Ponder though.

Advertisement
Back