Streeter and Miller on draft

Golden said in an interview today that if you're projected to go in the 1st round then that is "life changing money" and you should go. If miller is anywhere close to the first round he's got to go.

Advertisement
I would be glad to have both back. Miller is not a first rounder. He has shown bad instincts several times in the 2nd half of the season and is probably still hurting a bit. I think he looks heavy and had lost some quickness.

Streeter could probably go in the 2nd round, but would benefit from another year.

#UM RB Lamar Miller said only way he makes jump to NFL early is if he's told he will be a 1st rounder
55 minutes ago

#UM WR Tommy Streeter said he isn't thinking about NFL, looking forward to coming back. Still, expect him to wait and see what NFL says
49 minutes ago

Im gonna SMDH @ Anyone who drafts Miller in the 1st 2 rounds. Dude wouldnt last an entire NFL season, he cant even finish out a college season without getting banged up

Advertisement
Streeter is a 5th rounder at best. Hankerson went in the 3rd, no reason for Touchdown Tommy to think he'd go any higher.

Streeter has a bigger upside than Hankerson. And, while Streeter still needs work on catching, he hasn't had anywhere near the problems with drops that Hank has had. That said, Streeter should come back and improve his overall game.

no way streeter would go in 5th. the draft is based of projections, not necessarily production. can't compare hankerson's stats to streeter. thats stupid. someone would take streeter long before the 5th.

Advertisement
I want Miller to do whats best for him no hard feelings if he leaves. Me personally though Clements is our best option at tailback right now. That may change with 20 or so carries a game. he runs harder than anyone we have right now.

Miller is gone. He's got 'combine superstar' written all over him! He'll get drafted in the first round after running the 40. You can't teach Miller's speed and burst.

Miller's got top 15 talent. There just isn't any doubt of that. Durability concerns are going to push him into the 2nd round (and possibly beyond) though. This is going to be interesting.

Advertisement
Neither Streeter or miller or ready. Streeter needs to prove he isn't a one year wonder and Miller has even more to prove with durabiltiy issues, pass blocking issues and a shoulder concern.

Neither Streeter or miller or ready. Streeter needs to prove he isn't a one year wonder and Miller has even more to prove with durabiltiy issues, pass blocking issues and a shoulder concern.

Health might be an issue for Miller, but RB is probably the easiest position to play right out of college. It's all instinct and with his speed and physical tools he might be able to make an some noise next year in the NFL. WR, on the other hand, is probably the hardest spot to play as a rookie. Streeter is definitely not ready for the NFL yet.

If those guys come back we have all the making of a good team. But I don't trust our OL at all. I'll have no expectations for them, really, until there is either a new coach or they prove it on the field.

Streeter should definitely come back. If he gets more polished and bulks up, he could be a top 10 pick.

Advertisement
#UM RB Lamar Miller said only way he makes jump to NFL early is if he's told he will be a 1st rounder
55 minutes ago

#UM WR Tommy Streeter said he isn't thinking about NFL, looking forward to coming back. Still, expect him to wait and see what NFL says
49 minutes ago

Whoa @ Miller. I expect him to leave even if he gets word he's a 2nd rounder. However, if true...

**** just got real.

This team with Miller/Clements/James/Johnson next year, along with Streeter/Dorsett/Hurns/etc., and Ryan Williams :))) accurately hitting the seams...

That's exciting.

Defense will remain the question. You think they get better Lu?

Barring injury, I have no doubt you'll see a significant leap from year 1 to year 2 in a zone-based system. Our guys could literally not work at all and they'd still be more comfortable with some of the responsibilities and the communication necessary to run those coverages.

How much better is the question.

It's convenient after Saturday, but I've always been a big Curtis Porter fan. If Butch covets you as a defensive player, well...you've got my eye regardless. I'm a big fan of Vernon and think he's underperformed. He'll be chasing money next year. Chickillo is Chickillo. We have a host of contributors at DL and that's not counting Forston's talent. I won't count on him, though.

Spence is our best defender and he's gone. If we can lose a guy, though, it'd be Spence. Why? Perryman is born to be a WLB. He's Dexter Coakley reincarnated. Will there be a dropoff? Sure. I think it'll be smaller than people expect. Buchanan will be back and will contribute in Nickel and Dime packages at the very least.

I think we go after a JuCo Corner. I think we see a Frosh play corner next year.

Find me Safeties, please.

That, sir, is why I am here. Thank you.

I'm being selfish when I say Miller should stay, he's got to go get paid while he can because that Shoulder doesn't seem like it's going to allow him to be in the league for 10 years.

Streeter on the other hand needs to come back and build on a break out season. He could put himself in first round conversation with a big senior season.

Top 15 talent. GTFOH. No way. In the last 3 years, there have only been 3 backs total taken in the top 15 (Moreno, Spiller, Matthews) and they all look to have been drafted way too high based on their production. Even Ingram got drafted at the bottom of round 1.

Miller might be a 2nd round pick, and only if he could prove his health and conditioning, which suck at the moment.

Miller's got top 15 talent. There just isn't any doubt of that. Durability concerns are going to push him into the 2nd round (and possibly beyond) though. This is going to be interesting.

Im gonna SMDH @ Anyone who drafts Miller in the 1st 2 rounds. Dude wouldnt last an entire NFL season, he cant even finish out a college season without getting banged up

I've got to say that I agree with this. I know many on here more knowledgeable than I talk about his talent, but what I see is a guy that IMO will miss more games than he plays in. Catch a game on Sunday and simply focus on the physicality of the game. Miller doesn't stand a chance.

Now, I hope someone gives the kid bigtime money, but I sure as **** wouldn't.

Advertisement
Back