Street Agent Genron

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bagman is in full effect.

115.jpg

Dats the ***** on Howard stern?

Advertisement
Pete- any truth to the rumor that the street agent Genron, aka Jon Drummond, is pushing Valentine to LSU for money?

That's been the case for some months now.

And that's been the case with numerous recruits for years now

Not buying what OP is selling. Not in this recruiting scenario at least

its just so funny to me that every time we lose a recruit is either because of "grades" or because "they got paid" never because the kid just didnt wanna come here or the staff missed

Advertisement
you know, taking my Canes glasses off. Considering the slavery that the NCAA is with this kids, making a killing and sharing none...

I honestly hear about these kids getting paid, and think good for them. ***** this bull**** system the NCAA runs. I wish we had more money to play the game as a Canes fan, but if it is true the kid is going to get some $$$ that could help him and his family, then good for him.

but when someone is acting as a mentor, when their sole intention is to broker the transaction and take money off the top?? and to do so is touring them around the US on these 7 on 7 teams to have said colleges preview what they what they can purchase??

If the NCAA would figure out a system that gives these kids a bigger part of the pie, then the street agent part might disappear. I am not sure of how it would be done, but I think the 1/3 of the profits should be put into a trust. Make the stipends realistic (maybe X3 what they are now). Once their eligibility is done, depending on years played and such, they are paid like a pension portion for the rest of their lives.
In addition, they can sell their autographs, rings, and such.

I think it would be a good start in fairness to what they produce.

Genron is a same guy who drove Valentine to the AGFC before Valentine even committed right ?? (God**** I love recruiting season lol)

you know, taking my Canes glasses off. Considering the slavery that the NCAA is with this kids, making a killing and sharing none...

I honestly hear about these kids getting paid, and think good for them. ***** this bull**** system the NCAA runs. I wish we had more money to play the game as a Canes fan, but if it is true the kid is going to get some $$$ that could help him and his family, then good for him.

but when someone is acting as a mentor, when their sole intention is to broker the transaction and take money off the top?? and to do so is touring them around the US on these 7 on 7 teams to have said colleges preview what they what they can purchase??

If the NCAA would figure out a system that gives these kids a bigger part of the pie, then the street agent part might disappear. I am not sure of how it would be done, but I think the 1/3 of the profits should be put into a trust. Make the stipends realistic (maybe X3 what they are now). Once their eligibility is done, depending on years played and such, they are paid like a pension portion for the rest of their lives.
In addition, they can sell their autographs, rings, and such.

I think it would be a good start in fairness to what they produce.
Good stuff here. Giving kids a share in jersey sales, autographs etc would be a great way to stem the street agents along with a stipend from the school.

Advertisement
If Valentine's goes to LSU it's because he didn't have the grades get into Miami. Plain and simple.

Right, because we know that SoFla recruiting is clean. L$U been known to get their hands dirty.

Last edited:
Lsu probably does pay recruits but I don't think in this recruitment they are. I get what genron is saying. Whatever scheme we run is not set up so that the dlineman can make plays in the backfield.whereas in lsu defense they are....

Genron is a same guy who drove Valentine to the AGFC before Valentine even committed right ?? (God**** I love recruiting season lol)

He's also the same guy who said Miami wasn't getting any of his kids (Johnson and Valentine).

He also admitted to getting Therezie the best deal.

He was fired from the SFE by Goetz for benefitting off of his relationships with the players.

He's also the same guy who was banned from campus at one point in time.

Advertisement
lol you *******s keep on with this **** , you base your information without knowing the guy personally HE AINT PUSHING NO ONE AWAY

The Goetz expulsion was pretty telling. Not sure why you would think he's not directing players elsewhere for personal financial gain when it was implicit as a reason for termination before from another gig. Your inability or refusal to piece that together makes you either oblivious or unreasonable neither of which wins here.

Coaches profit off bringing kids to other schools. It's not as much as you would like to believe but I've seen it happen. And then that same kid decommited from FSU but whatever. Can't go into detail until I quit this job this summer.

Advertisement
its just so funny to me that every time we lose a recruit is either because of "grades" or because "they got paid" never because the kid just didnt wanna come here or the staff missed

I don't think anyone thinks that every time we lose a kid it's because of the reasons you stated. The problem here is Drummond. He brings with him a negative reputation built on his own misdeeds in the past. Your argument is akin to saying that not every deal that Shapiro was involved in was fraudulent. Nobody's buying when it comes to Drummond. Dude's poisoned his own well.

Valentine stays committed and he's a good high character kid who chose to stay home. If he signs with LSU though, he and Genron got paid.

Makes sense

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back