Street Agent Genron

Status
Not open for further replies.

wushah

Junior
Pete- any truth to the rumor that the street agent Genron, aka Jon Drummond, is pushing Valentine to LSU for money?

Last edited:
Advertisement
really? a thread to discuss Genron???

can this be put in a Valentine thread at least?

Nah man. I prefer this be its own thread. Thx. Lot of smoke behind this one. Don't hide it deep in a Valentine thread.

Advertisement
you know, taking my Canes glasses off. Considering the slavery that the NCAA is with this kids, making a killing and sharing none...

I honestly hear about these kids getting paid, and think good for them. ***** this bull**** system the NCAA runs. I wish we had more money to play the game as a Canes fan, but if it is true the kid is going to get some $$$ that could help him and his family, then good for him.

If Pete says No, you won't believe him. So why bother asking?

At least there is an excuse if we lose him to LSU now.

Last edited:
you know, taking my Canes glasses off. Considering the slavery that the NCAA is with this kids, making a killing and sharing none...

I honestly hear about these kids getting paid, and think good for them. ***** this bull**** system the NCAA runs. I wish we had more money to play the game as a Canes fan, but if it is true the kid is going to get some $$$ that could help him and his family, then good for him.

So you think there is no cost/value to a UM education?

Advertisement
lol you *******s keep on with this **** , you base your information without knowing the guy personally HE AINT PUSHING NO ONE AWAY

267.gif

So you think there is no cost/value to a UM education?

relative to the money that is generated and the fact they are limited where other scholarship receivers are not, no. It's not about UM, its about the whole system. Multi Billions are generated and in turn, they give a stipend and scholly and basically can't do anything under the rules.

They can't even sell their own signature? Really, it's BS. I hate Johnny Manzel, but I applaud his sticking the finger up the NCAA's behind on what a joke the system is. I honestly think if the kids can get someone to pay them anything, you take it.

Advertisement

but when someone is acting as a mentor, when their sole intention is to broker the transaction and take money off the top?? and to do so is touring them around the US on these 7 on 7 teams to have said colleges preview what they what they can purchase??

Advertisement
If Valentine's goes to LSU it's because he didn't have the grades get into Miami. Plain and simple.

the guy does a lot for the players when i was in school he didnt even coach he coached jv basketball and the guy was the one putting player out making their film (these players would go d2 , d3 ) because it was a small school so obviously he wasn't doing it for money

Yeah I thought it was kind of fishy that this guy was talking crap on our coaches on Twitter, and in his back ground pick shows him with valentine's team. Is he a coach?

Last edited:
For example, former South Florida Express assistant Jon Drummond told "Outside the Lines" and others that he was the go-between for Express players and college coaches. That was before head coach Brett Goetz said Drummond would not be returning next season, because he violated a "Code of Conduct" Goetz makes all coaches sign. Goetz's "Code of Conduct" essentially states that his coaches cannot use their relationships with prospects for a profit.

Drummond told ESPN that "everyone knows coaches are being paid something extra to bring recruits to campus" while denying he's one of them.

Many 7-on-7 coaches, including Drummond, drive carloads of players to campuses for unofficial visits. Some coaches are paid to work camps those schools host. Some claim to receive "gas money" from college coaches.

"And maybe something for McDonald's," Drummond said.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/otl/news/story?id=6600377

I believe St. "Genron" posts here from time to time. In fact, he may have posted in this thread.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back