story on Nigel Bethel n why he decommitted.....

Advertisement
Not so butt hurt after he couldn't back up his **** talking against that WR last night...

Good Luck. Kid went from The No Fly Zone to the Oompa Loompas.

After seeing how the kid got smoked over and over last night I'm glad he left. Too small, too weak and too slow, I'm sure you can find others in SF better than him. McKenzie stole his lunch last night and there was nothing he could do about it.
“They wanted me to stay and things like that,” Bethel said, “but said if I felt there was a better opportunity out there, they said they would always support me.”

Hey Golden, Thanks.

Advertisement
Im not so worried about losing Bethel. From what i hear, the coaches like Nigel Patten more anyways. Look for him to commit soon to take Bethel's spot.

The man wanted to leave Miami and he has every right to do so. **** he stays in Overtown and that's enough reason for him to leave Miami. Don't blame the kid one bit

Did someone say fat chicks? Shut the **** up.

Lots of reasons to not go to Lubbock. Women, however, ain't one.

They ain't the best, but they ain't the worst, either.

THIS. Was stationed in Clovis, NM (90 minutes away from Lubbock) for nine yrs and while I agree that the location is depressing there ain't no shortage of decent to nice lookin girls down there.

Miami Booker T. Washington cornerback Nigel Bethel II decommitted from the University of Miami on Wednesday night and announced Thursday that he’s heading to Texas Tech.

Bethel, rated a four-star prospect by Rivals and ESPN, said he knew he wanted to flip his pledge for “about two months now.” He informed UM head coach Al Golden, linebackers coach Micheal Barrow and defensive backs coach Paul Williams before announcing his new pledge on Twitter a day later.

“I felt the opportunity at Texas Tech was great for me,” Bethel said. “I felt like I wanted to leave Miami and take my talents elsewhere.

“Nothing really that made me want to decommit. I just felt like getting away was a really good opportunity for me to go into a real college environment, and do what I got to do. I just don’t want to stay in Miami any longer.”

Bethel’s announcement is a major blow to UM’s Class of 2014 recruiting class, which he was a part of since committing to the Hurricanes in July. Bethel is the second decommitment in UM’s class, joining Hialeah Champagnat Catholic defensive lineman Travonte Valentine, who decommitted amid rumors of Golden leaving UM for the head coaching position at Penn State. Miami's class could also be affected by Deerfield Beach running back Brandon Powell, who picked up an offer from the University of Florida on Wednesday, and will make a final decision on Thursday to attend either UM or UF.

Bethel, who said he wanted to see more out of UM’s defensive schemes under the coaching of defensive coordinator Mark D'Onofrio, said going to Texas Tech will help him with “just me becoming a man, and growing up.”*His mind was set on decommitting from UM, “but I never said anything.”

Along with the “great college environment” and sold out crowds of more than 100,000 people during football games, Bethel said his relationship with Texas Tech defensive backs coach Kevin Curtis was the main factor he flipped to the Red Raiders.

“I talked to [Curtis] every day, even though I was committed to Miami,” said Bethel, who took an official visit to Texas Tech on Sept. 20, 2013. “And it showed me that he wanted me.

“I just felt like he was real serious about the things he was saying.”

Bethel has until National Signing Day on Feb. 5 to make the move official. He did, however, receive an encouraging message from the UM coaches during their talk.

“They wanted me to stay and things like that,” Bethel said, “but said if I felt there was a better opportunity out there, they said they would always support me.”
Hold the eff up. Does this dude think he's going to Texas instead of Texas Tech?? 100,000 people for a game? Is he including TV audience?

LOL, he thinks he's going to Texas.

Advertisement
Sold out crowds of 100,000 people, now that's impressive. Especially, when you consider that the stadium holds 60,000 people. These kids believe all the BS that coaches shovel down their throat. Have fun in cow town Nigel.

Bullsh*t, that's just code for "Golden Sucks".

Actually its code for I'm 5'7" and had a ****** senior year and there is a reason I "decommited" to meh Texas Tech and not an Alabama, FSU, LSU, or Clemson... but go on.

CentralRockets2000, you're absolutely right. If the man wants to leave Miami, I can't blame him one bit. I love the canes but growing up in the hood in Miami, I couldn't wait to leave!

Replacement?

Dowels...nope
Battle...nope
Nichols...nope

I doubt we "cut him loose".

It is head scratching - the theory that we cut him loose yet no new names have popped up. Usually when you start to see new January names pop up, you know someone is getting cut loose. That said, the recruiting guys on this site that Bethel hadn't heard from coaches in a while - that says all you need to know. He was cut loose. Fine, they cut him loose, but taht means we have ZERO CBs committed. Who are they replacing him with? Please tell me they're going to.

Advertisement
I think many of these recruits get wind of possible silent commits or other players leaning toward the team, and figure its time to book because they don't want to be running with the scout team for four year

CentralRockets2000, you're absolutely right. If the man wants to leave Miami, I can't blame him one bit. I love the canes but growing up in the hood in Miami, I couldn't wait to leave!

I understand your point, but campus is in Coral Gables. Most know how nice that area is. If u want to stay away from the influence, u don't need to go to lubbock texas to do that. That **** aint "seeing the outside world."

Advertisement
Since he's not an EE, my guess is he won't end up at Texas Tech. All part of recruiting my friends.

I dont see why you all think he is gonna suck, i don't. He is fast as **** with legit track speed. Lets just hope it wasnt the staff who low balled him. CB is really not a critical position for us at this point but you rather have more players from Miami on the team. i say good luck to him. And he would totally bang one of those chicks in that photo. Short or not, lay that b###h down, who taller now?! lolz

Advertisement
Back