Story on Freshman QB N'Kosi Perry

“I just don’t want everybody to feel like it’s all about N’Kosi because it’s not,’’ Richt said. “It’s about who is going to be the guy that I have the most trust in to run this football team. And if it’s N’Kosi, awesome,’’ he added, noting that “N’Kosi has got a really good skill-set to play the position… But they all have the skill-set to get the job done.

“…Everybody is excited about N’Kosi because he’s new. We’re in a position where two true freshmen actually have a chance to win the job. Cade can win it. N’Kosi can win it. But we’ve got Evan who can win it. Malik can win it.

“Could one of those veteran guys been further along at this point in taking the lead? Maybe could have been, but [they] didn’t.’’

UM coach Mark Richt said he isn't close to choosing the starting quarterback | Miami Herald

I read that as Rick has already given the job to Perry. When he said, "it's not all about N'Kosi" it was a dead giveaway. He mentioned him first too, which is another dead giveaway.

Advertisement
Anyone who knows Jacksonville must think it's odd that a Ponte Vedra kid went to Raines.. Go Vikings though.

lol y'all just can't leave Kaaya alone huh?

Nope he must of slept with alot of these guys moms or something . Kaaya always carried himself well and was a Cane thru and thru. He was a good not great QB but he is gone lets move on.

Advertisement
Kaaya abandoned his school/teammates to pursue his dream of getting drafted in the 6th round and being a career backup NFL qb. Leave him alone.

Lol chill Rook. His stock was going to drop even further if he stayed. Richt wants a RPO dynamic in his Offense that doesn't fit Kaaya. I don't blame him for leaving.

Lol chill Rook. His stock was going to drop even further if he stayed. Richt wants a RPO dynamic in his Offense that doesn't fit Kaaya. I don't blame him for leaving.

Not true.

Assuming this team has the season we expected with a senior QB leading the O, Kaaya would have improved his draft position.

The **** Iowa QB was drafted before Kaaya ...

Advertisement
Kaaya is who he is. He played 3 full seasons. He ain't changing. Wasn't elite. Wasn't awful.

Not true.

Assuming this team has the season we expected with a senior QB leading the O, Kaaya would have improved his draft position.

Kaaya is who he is. He played 3 full seasons. He ain't changing. Wasn't elite. Wasn't awful.

Not true.

I'm not saying he would have become a 1st round pick by coming back. But he would have been better than a 6th, IMO.

.bard.kaayak. spent too much time listening to his crackhead mom about how he was destined to be the greatest QB ever

“I just don’t want everybody to feel like it’s all about N’Kosi because it’s not,’’ Richt said. “It’s about who is going to be the guy that I have the most trust in to run this football team. And if it’s N’Kosi, awesome,’’ he added, noting that “N’Kosi has got a really good skill-set to play the position… But they all have the skill-set to get the job done.

“…Everybody is excited about N’Kosi because he’s new. We’re in a position where two true freshmen actually have a chance to win the job. Cade can win it. N’Kosi can win it. But we’ve got Evan who can win it. Malik can win it.

“Could one of those veteran guys been further along at this point in taking the lead? Maybe could have been, but [they] didn’t.’’

UM coach Mark Richt said he isn't close to choosing the starting quarterback | Miami Herald

That's telling...

Advertisement

That's telling...me very little

Went ahead and fixed that up.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back