Story on Freshman QB N'Kosi Perry

Advertisement
What I liked hearing was that we're running Option plays...

Whoever the starter is, will have to be able to make plays running the ball to pickup some yard & a couple 1st downs.

It'll be a big help to the run game if opposing Defenses have to game plan for potential threat of QB runs.

Pretty sure I remember Rick using that read-option play a little bit at UGA. He even used it with Kaaya, but Kaaya only kept it once or twice all year. I remember seeing Kaaya keep it once and looking like a badly wounded giraffe going for 3 yards and getting down.

I remember this play..cant remember who it was against, but I remember there wasn't a defender within 10 yards of him because they all crashed onto the RB

This kid is going to bring us a national title in 2018 or 2019. Book it. We are back.

Best move is to hold him out until the National Championship game so Bama/OSU has no game footage to prep with. Unleash the beast in January and bring us home the 6th ring.

Best move is to hold him out until the National Championship game so Bama/OSU has no game footage to prep with. Unleash the beast in January and bring us home the 6th ring.

Mod shut it down, I think we're done here.

Advertisement
I like Perry, but I think [MENTION=4841]The Franchise[/MENTION] posted b4, we heard the same chatter about Kaaya. Now granted Kaaya was good for us, but he folded in real life action several times. I'll crown Perry after week 3 if he leads us to the W.

But wait according to the "experts" NKosi is a stiff pro style boring qb that cant run or make plays with his feet??

Im confused.... where is canescanes and the rest of the stooges with their assessment lol

Advertisement
Do we sit him for most of both our first games to not give FSU to much tape on him ( my feeling is we can win both games with either about) or do we play him for the experience time?

Dude if he's not starting the first two games than he's not starting FSU. The ****, be smart.

But wait according to the "experts" NKosi is a stiff pro style boring qb that cant run or make plays with his feet??

Im confused.... where is canescanes and the rest of the stooges with their assessment lol

Ok clown, find the post where I said he was "stiff" or that he "can't run", or anyone else for that matter.

Are you that slow that you need an explanation of how most reasonable football fans assess the type of QB he is based on actual data?

You're so stupid you think because he juked some guy playing 7 on 7 touch football that means he's the next Jalen Hurts. He's under 200 lbs and has been pass first while not running much his whole career.

If he starts or plays, you better hope he doesn't run much, unless it's a gimme or an escape, because if he does, his likelihood of injury at his size goes way up.

What I liked hearing was that we're running Option plays...

Whoever the starter is, will have to be able to make plays running the ball to pickup some yard & a couple 1st downs.

It'll be a big help to the run game if opposing Defenses have to game plan for potential threat of QB runs.

Pretty sure I remember Rick using that read-option play a little bit at UGA. He even used it with Kaaya, but Kaaya only kept it once or twice all year. I remember seeing Kaaya keep it once and looking like a badly wounded giraffe going for 3 yards and getting down.
On one of the possessions we kicked a field goal vs unc this year he could have easily kept the ball and walked into the end zone untouched but instead he gave it to the running back and it got stuffed

Having a qb being able to keep the ball and pickup good yardage will lead to more holes for the running backs as well. I think we'll see a much more effective rpo system this season.

Advertisement
Clearly not many coaches in here. FSU doesn't have any tape outside of high school footage. Just like you wouldn't run certain plays would you keep him out? Give them even less to prepare with. Concern would be him not having experience.

Exactly. Only a coach would suggest something as brilliant as not playing your true freshmans QB against a couple garbage teams to hide him from FSU.

LOL @ suggesting sitting Perry first two games and then chucking him into the fray at Doak. This isn't NCAA football on xbox.

Anyway, nice quotes, I'm excited to have here here but I will keep myself from getting that excited until I have further reason to be.

LOL @ suggesting sitting Perry first two games and then chucking him into the fray at Doak. This isn't NCAA football on xbox.

Anyway, nice quotes, I'm excited to have here here but I will keep myself from getting that excited until I have further reason to be.

Exactly! The Noles won't need no tapes... they will come after him, tape or no tape ... just like us against the French crab legs last year.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Look like perry made a believer out of mcintosh.

“I think he’s a great player,” McIntosh said. “He’s showed me personally that he could be a good part of this team . That’s the one that has stood out to me.”

McIntosh has particularly been impressed with Perry’s footwork in the pocket, an area of emphasis for head coach Mark Richt quarterbacks.

“When we out there throwing the ball or doing team, he’s good with his feet,” McIntosh said. “He can get out of pressure. D-linemen put pressure on him, but he can get out of situations and still complete a pass—that’s what he’s showed me.”

Fall practices are scheduled to begin the first week of August and McIntosh is looking forward to seeing what it will be like for Perry with pads on as he battles to be the starting quarterback.

“He’s going to be a big part of this team,” McIntosh said.

been saying that pocket movement is his best quality

“I think he’s a great player,” McIntosh said. “He’s showed me personally that he could be a good part of this team . That’s the one that has stood out to me.”

McIntosh has particularly been impressed with Perry’s footwork in the pocket, an area of emphasis for head coach Mark Richt quarterbacks.

“When we out there throwing the ball or doing team, he’s good with his feet,” McIntosh said. “He can get out of pressure. D-linemen put pressure on him, but he can get out of situations and still complete a pass—that’s what he’s showed me.”

Fall practices are scheduled to begin the first week of August and McIntosh is looking forward to seeing what it will be like for Perry with pads on as he battles to be the starting quarterback.

Was one of Winston's best qualities in college

Was one of Winston's best qualities in college

alot of great college qbs have that........eyes behind there helmet type ****. NKP will be a great one I have no doubt

Any QB who has that innate ability to sense pressure and make small moves to avoid it while still being able to keep his eyes downfield is at a huge advantage.

See Baker Mayfield. He's not a physically impressive guy in shorts, and no one even wanted him coming out of HS. But when the lights go on he's got that magical ability to feel pressure and buy a second or two. That **** is super rare. If Perry has it with his physical ability he's going to be a tough guy to defend.

Advertisement
Back