Story on Freshman QB N'Kosi Perry

Any QB who has that innate ability to sense pressure and make small moves to avoid it while still being able to keep his eyes downfield is at a huge advantage.

See Baker Mayfield. He's not a physically impressive guy in shorts, and no one even wanted him coming out of HS. But when the lights go on he's got that magical ability to feel pressure and buy a second or two. That **** is super rare. If Perry has it with his physical ability he's going to be a tough guy to defend.

Baker for sure won't play in the NFL but is probably getting the sampler platter of oklahoma's finest trim

Advertisement
Just the ability to roll out to the side creates so many opportunities that you can't have from staying in the pocket. It's going to be great to have a MOBILE QB. If you don't want to call him dual threat, he's still a guy who can make moves with his legs. Rosier can bring that too.

I liked Kaaya during his time here but there was one trash game last year where Rosier came in late during a blowout and had a 50 yard run and I just thought, it's gonna be real nice to have a QB like that at Miami. Even our QB's who could run usually didn't.

Look like perry made a believer out of mcintosh.

“I think he’s a great player,” McIntosh said. “He’s showed me personally that he could be a good part of this team . That’s the one that has stood out to me.”

McIntosh has particularly been impressed with Perry’s footwork in the pocket, an area of emphasis for head coach Mark Richt quarterbacks.

“When we out there throwing the ball or doing team, he’s good with his feet,” McIntosh said. “He can get out of pressure. D-linemen put pressure on him, but he can get out of situations and still complete a pass—that’s what he’s showed me.”

Fall practices are scheduled to begin the first week of August and McIntosh is looking forward to seeing what it will be like for Perry with pads on as he battles to be the starting quarterback.

“He’s going to be a big part of this team,” McIntosh said.

been saying that pocket movement is his best quality

You're not alone my man

Any QB who has that innate ability to sense pressure and make small moves to avoid it while still being able to keep his eyes downfield is at a huge advantage.

See Baker Mayfield. He's not a physically impressive guy in shorts, and no one even wanted him coming out of HS. But when the lights go on he's got that magical ability to feel pressure and buy a second or two. That **** is super rare. If Perry has it with his physical ability he's going to be a tough guy to defend.

Just watching Canes football over the years has taught me to value that over A LOT of other things when evaluating a QB. Kyle Wright's failure as a 5 star QB can be pegged to no pocket presence. Brad Kayaa's limitations are exactly that.

Jacory Harris actually had good pocket presence, but then became a coaching and decisionmaking disaster (along with his noodle arm).

It's not the only thing a QB needs, but it will get a QB way farther than simply having a cannon

Just watching Canes football over the years has taught me to value that over A LOT of other things when evaluating a QB. Kyle Wright's failure as a 5 star QB can be pegged to no pocket presence. Brad Kayaa's limitations are exactly that.

Jacory Harris actually had good pocket presence, but then became a coaching and decisionmaking disaster (along with his noodle arm).

It's not the only thing a QB needs, but it will get a QB way farther than simply having a cannon

Harris good pocket presence? i dunno about that man

maybe ill give u good or decent but not elite like the Kos

Advertisement
Flag Football hype.

I ain't believing a **** thing till I see it against live competition. I want to see a QB that can read defenses and make clutch throws under pressure.

Give me Rosier as the starter so this team can do some things this season

Which is why I said "good" lol

It definitely wasn't as special as N'Kosi's. But, it wasn't Jacory's weakness by any means. If anything it's what gave him his good moments.

I vividly remember N'Kosi decommitting and almost the entire board turning on him. I was one of the few at the time saying we were missing out and that he had special pocket presence. Trust me, I value it immensely

Advertisement
Flag Football hype.

I ain't believing a **** thing till I see it against live competition. I want to see a QB that can read defenses and make clutch throws under pressure.

You want a qb that can read defenses and make clutch throws and then you picked rosier? Good luck with that.

Flag Football hype.

You want a qb that can read defenses and make clutch throws and then you picked rosier? Good luck with that.

I want a QB that has actually played in real games, knows the players, knows the playbook, and has been on campus for almost 4 years.

Give me THAT guy any day over a true frosh that just showed up 6 weeks ago. The true frosh is going to lose winnable games for us all by his **** self, and is more likely to **** his pants when the live bullets start to fly.

I'm all on the Kosi train but can we chill on saying he's elite until he can actually get hit while standing in the pocket.

Advertisement
O'Doyle I have a feeling our entire offense will be RPO, zone read, screens, draws, occasional deep balls.

Flag Football hype.

I want a QB that has actually played in real games, knows the players, knows the playbook, and has been on campus for almost 4 years.

Give me THAT guy any day over a true frosh that just showed up 6 weeks ago. The true frosh is going to lose winnable games for us all by his **** self, and is more likely to **** his pants when the live bullets start to fly.

Rosier is going to lose winnable games too. Rosier is a bad decision maker and is turnover prone.

Advertisement
Why do certain programs insert QBs year after year with no dropoff?

I think Miami will be that under richt.
Clemson
FSU
USC
All of the big 12
Stanford
WVU
OSU

Always seems to be right with plug and play QBs

Kaaya was either a panicky idiot or just not a very smart player. Take your pick.

So we're allowed to be honest about Kaaya now without getting ripped? Sucks it wasn't okay when he almost went undrafted a few months ago but I'll take it.

“I just don’t want everybody to feel like it’s all about N’Kosi because it’s not,’’ Richt said. “It’s about who is going to be the guy that I have the most trust in to run this football team. And if it’s N’Kosi, awesome,’’ he added, noting that “N’Kosi has got a really good skill-set to play the position… But they all have the skill-set to get the job done.

“…Everybody is excited about N’Kosi because he’s new. We’re in a position where two true freshmen actually have a chance to win the job. Cade can win it. N’Kosi can win it. But we’ve got Evan who can win it. Malik can win it.

“Could one of those veteran guys been further along at this point in taking the lead? Maybe could have been, but [they] didn’t.’’

UM coach Mark Richt said he isn't close to choosing the starting quarterback | Miami Herald

Advertisement
Back