Story on Cameron Williams flipping from Florida to Miami

why people get emotional when someone questions any member of the staff especially if its the truth, y people get there feelings hurt like if they r coach kul themselves?

I don't know....maybe beacause we have people here that want to fire one of the best DL coach in the country.
I wonder why thay want that? I guess they don't remember how the DL played before he got here. Maybe that's why people get defensive when it comes to Kul.

There's only a couple dummies saying fire Kul.

I've never mentioned firing anyone, but still rustled jimmies because I said this staff hasn't recruited the dl well. Especially dt. They've waited until guys are Jr's and Sr's to realize the depth is bad.

But there is a question on his recruiting theres no doubt about it

Advertisement
Everyone can agree that the defense recruiting can pick up, it’s not just rumph who needs to improve. Kool, Banda and Diaz need to get it together as well

To me the hardest side of the ball to recruit is defense because the elite teams go hard for those guy cuz its what wins u a title...........we will get our offensive guys no doubt, but to get to that next level (we all as fans want to reach) they have to clean up on the trail on the defensive side of the ball. If they dont no one can say why cant we beat this team blah blah because we will know its because of the way we close on the defensive side of the ball especially DT the most important position

Everyone can agree that the defense recruiting can pick up, it’s not just rumph who needs to improve. Kool, Banda and Diaz need to get it together as well

I agree with you. The difference is Rumph isn't doing as good a job as Kul in coaching these guys up. Also if Kul had a group of lineman that he coached in HS and they considered him a father figure and he missed on them I would want his *** gone too.

Rumph isn't doing as good of a job as Kul in coaching?? Who told u that bs lol

Im not even going to argue with you. You clearly dont know **** about football.

how many stories are we going to hear about recruits having to reach out to Kul 1st, instead of the other way around. smh
Stfu

Name one Plan A dude we've missed on

Huh? I'm as optimistic as anyone, but basically the entire DT board outside of Silvera...Which is fine, not a lot of schools get multiple plan A at same position, but we definitely missed on most of our DT recruiting and his reluctance to move to plan B has us in a jam.

it's dumb to complain about anything when you don't know whether he has missed on anyone yet. None of our main targets have even signed

Taron Vincent, Trevor Trout, Tyler Friday, and probably Michael Thompson would like to have a word with you. All of these guys were as high a target as anyone on our board not named Silvera. We wiffed on all of them.

If you want to say that our DT class COULD end up being "adequate," then I won't argue with you. Silvera, Briggs, Chatman would be a B+ class, but we definitely missed on some of our top targets throughout the cycle. Kool can do a better job transitioning to those targets sooner. He needs help identifying where to allocate his time and resources. There is no shame in that.

Anyone arguing otherwise has an agenda they are trying to propagate. We aren't perfect and can get better at this. Kool needs someone to help him navigate the waters and highlight his strengths as a great DL coach. There is no debating that.

Advertisement

I agree with you. The difference is Rumph isn't doing as good a job as Kul in coaching these guys up. Also if Kul had a group of lineman that he coached in HS and they considered him a father figure and he missed on them I would want his *** gone too.

Rumph has been Miami’s 2nd best defensive coach imo behind kool and he was working with the least talented group and molded the guys

Last edited:
By the way, how can anyone read that article and not be a bit concerned regarding us identifying guys early? You have to ask a kid from Chaminade who's in the midst of a playoff run what school he attends? We need more "analysts" if that's the case.

how many stories are we going to hear about recruits having to reach out to Kul 1st, instead of the other way around. smh

I don’t pretend to know Kool at all other than he produced nfl draft picks, but there could be method in it. If desire is high on his list of essential “skills” for a recruit, maybe waiting to see who has that attitude of “hey what about me” is intentional. We complain about the divas all the time. Wasn’t that hunger to be a Cane the thing that got so many of us hot to Braxton when he was campaigning of an offer.

I’m not saying he should not be after all the top studs or that maybe he needs to work harder. I don’t know how hard he does work. He was the only hire of Mark’s that was clearly a good one, so I’m not prepared to start hounding him when dline was the biggest bright spot last year. It is still light years away from Cane quality, but closer than any other unit. My worry his if he has the skill to developed the DT. His success has been at DE. I would like a DT coach added. They are that important to our style of defense.

Advertisement
Hater, regarding your "hey what about me" possibility, I don't agree that it would be a good idea, but even if that were the case, he still should at least know of the kids that he's looking to see if they have that mentality, especially a local one on a playoff run.

Rumph isn't doing as good of a job as Kul in coaching?? Who told u that bs lol

Im not even going to argue with you. You clearly dont know **** about football.

"He's not doing as good a job"... it's good but not "as good" lol ur entire post comes off like some ****** drooling all over himself.

Stfu

Huh? I'm as optimistic as anyone, but basically the entire DT board outside of Silvera...Which is fine, not a lot of schools get multiple plan A at same position, but we definitely missed on most of our DT recruiting and his reluctance to move to plan B has us in a jam.

it's dumb to complain about anything when you don't know whether he has missed on anyone yet. None of our main targets have even signed

Taron Vincent, Trevor Trout, Tyler Friday, and probably Michael Thompson would like to have a word with you. All of these guys were as high a target as anyone on our board not named Silvera. We wiffed on all of them.

If you want to say that our DT class COULD end up being "adequate," then I won't argue with you. Silvera, Briggs, Chatman would be a B+ class, but we definitely missed on some of our top targets throughout the cycle. Kool can do a better job transitioning to those targets sooner. He needs help identifying where to allocate his time and resources. There is no shame in that.

Anyone arguing otherwise has an agenda they are trying to propagate. We aren't perfect and can get better at this. Kool needs someone to help him navigate the waters and highlight his strengths as a great DL coach. There is no debating that.

youre leaving out coburn because it casually doesn't fit your argument about us "wiffing". If we get Nesta and Coburn its an elite DT haul. Period.

Secondlyy all those guys you listed weren't anything more than longshots to begin with. Vincent was never considering us. All those other guys barely were either. "wiffing" is us missing out on Nesta Silvera, but thats not going to happen. Its missing on Tyson Campbell/Patrick Surtain. Its not missing on a guy we barely had a chance with.

Again, its not likely we get Coburn, but if we do we have an elite DT haul this year. And if we miss Coburn and get Nesta, Chatman, and Miller then we have a pretty good haul still. People are getting way too caught up in the DT recruiting, when imo, the real problem is at DE as far as DL recruiting is concerned. We will be fine at DT this upcoming season.

why people get emotional when someone questions any member of the staff especially if its the truth, y people get there feelings hurt like if they r coach kul themselves?

I don't know....maybe beacause we have people here that want to fire one of the best DL coach in the country.
I wonder why thay want that? I guess they don't remember how the DL played before he got here. Maybe that's why people get defensive when it comes to Kul.

As good as Coach Kul is Manny Diaz is that bad. Yet people on here defend Diaz like he is their first born. Maybe another year of underachieving will cure this issue. I hope it doesn’t come to that and I hope way off base here. Don’t count on it..

Last edited:
Advertisement
Stfu

These relationships are usually all 4 years in the making. DL recruiting is going perfectly fine and looking to close VERY strong
can't miss on em if you not recruiting em
View attachment 57609

kul the opposite of rumph// kul dont recruit em..and rumph takes no for an answer

No ***-kisser (ok, I've been known to lick some yeah, but not kiss) but U one of the reasons this Caneinsight has some legs IMO. So I going to STRAIGHT UP ASK YOU, do you think the MD2 perception in the real breadbasket of 305 football is hurting us? He's definitely a chess over checkers type, but dang if I've ever seen chess played INSTEAD of checkers where it counts.

Don't want to start a race thing thread, but ****, if you have lived in this City, how the F are you going to ignore the Qb and City **** vs....

Really don't care about bigots (I'm a minority and I bet U are too somewhere down the line), only care about U success and what stands in our way. Where's Da Truth to up U when U need it LOL.

Yuck. Change your name to AssJuice69.

It is interesting we were not only not "on him", but Kool still didn't even know who he was after committing to UF?! When we offer someone it seems like they get 10 other offers within a few weeks. Not that (all) other programs are just offering whoever we offer, but it gets their attention and they take a closer look. How did we not do that w/ a hometown kid when we heard UF offered and he accepted? I mean really, whether or not we decided to offer, we don't at least check him out? "What school do you go to?" Wow.

Stfu

youre leaving out coburn because it casually doesn't fit your argument about us "wiffing". If we get Nesta and Coburn its an elite DT haul. Period.

Secondlyy all those guys you listed weren't anything more than longshots to begin with. Vincent was never considering us. All those other guys barely were either. "wiffing" is us missing out on Nesta Silvera, but thats not going to happen. Its missing on Tyson Campbell/Patrick Surtain. Its not missing on a guy we barely had a chance with.

Again, its not likely we get Coburn, but if we do we have an elite DT haul this year. And if we miss Coburn and get Nesta, Chatman, and Miller then we have a pretty good haul still. People are getting way too caught up in the DT recruiting, when imo, the real problem is at DE as far as DL recruiting is concerned. We will be fine at DT this upcoming season.

So, Kool has been on Coburn since the beginning? I listed those targets because those were the guys on our board a year ago. Also, the QP said we haven't missed on anyone we were targeting. Thats not true.

Also, I think only one of us has a narrative or agenda. I'm not saying Dugans needs help identifying the recruits we can get and allocating his resources. Kool needs help recruiting DT's. Do you think the best schools at recruiting DT give sole responsibility to one man to get the job done?

Advertisement
The one absolute truth in this thread is that CIS members can argue about just any topic, and often do.

Stfu

These relationships are usually all 4 years in the making. DL recruiting is going perfectly fine and looking to close VERY strong
View attachment 57609

kul the opposite of rumph// kul dont recruit em..and rumph takes no for an answer

No ***-kisser (ok, I've been known to lick some yeah, but not kiss) but U one of the reasons this Caneinsight has some legs IMO. So I going to STRAIGHT UP ASK YOU, do you think the MD2 perception in the real breadbasket of 305 football is hurting us? He's definitely a chess over checkers type, but dang if I've ever seen chess played INSTEAD of checkers where it counts.

Don't want to start a race thing thread, but ****, if you have lived in this City, how the F are you going to ignore the Qb and City **** vs....

Really don't care about bigots (I'm a minority and I bet U are too somewhere down the line), only care about U success and what stands in our way. Where's Da Truth to up U when U need it LOL.

Not bad...but really, don't yuck it till you try it. Trust me, when it winks back @ you, you going to dive in s'more hehehe

View attachment 57609

Not bad...but really, don't yuck it till you try it. Trust me, when it winks back @ you, you going to dive in s'more hehehe

I'm gonna take your word for it on the salad tossing, big timer.

Advertisement
Back