Stormtrooper Uniforms

What is the fascination with "Stormtrooper Uniforms"? Sorry. I just don't get it just like I don't get the fascination with the "Smoke" uniforms. They sucked. Gimmick unis remind me of one man: Al Golden. Someone PLEASE tell me about all those great wins we had in the "Stormtrooper" unis. That's right, there are none. The new unis are ON POINT! They are precisely what we need. Love to see the quasi futuristic number fonts gone as well. Gimmicky uniforms are for gimmicky programs like Oregon. Anyone else notice how many lame *** gimmicky uniforms Alabama has ever worn? That's right. ZERO. They don't need them because tradition and consistent excellence trump gimmicks all day, every day.

To answer:
1) Miami is one of the school's that embraces its 3rd school color of white.
2) They're practical for noon games
3) They're called Stormtroopers by the fans, because who doesn't like Star Wars?

Advertisement
We wore stormtroopers for the first time in 1996 at Memphis, so it's not like they started recently. We've worn them a couple of times every year. They aren't gimmicky, and I like them, but am indifferent overall. I can see them for a game a year.

****, good call. Ashamed i didnt know that. First time i actually noticed them was when santana ran through tay cody, and the rest of fsu's secondary in 99

Advertisement
Back