Stormtrooper Uniforms

03college.1.600.jpg

Didn't mean to down vote.

Advertisement
What is the fascination with "Stormtrooper Uniforms"? Sorry. I just don't get it just like I don't get the fascination with the "Smoke" uniforms. They sucked. Gimmick unis remind me of one man: Al Golden. Someone PLEASE tell me about all those great wins we had in the "Stormtrooper" unis. That's right, there are none. The new unis are ON POINT! They are precisely what we need. Love to see the quasi futuristic number fonts gone as well. Gimmicky uniforms are for gimmicky programs like Oregon. Anyone else notice how many lame *** gimmicky uniforms Alabama has ever worn? That's right. ZERO. They don't need them because tradition and consistent excellence trump gimmicks all day, every day.

Nothing gimmicky about the storm troopers. 2005 at VT ring a bell?

dude made an account just to hook up with other men who wear stormtrooper unis.

And I'd do it again.

FIFY

It's like people don't know history or have the ability to put two and two together (******* common core). We are the evil empire, we play the imperial march while throwing the u, and uniforms are all white like the "storm troopers."

Advertisement
I'd like to see our overall record since we first used them, while wearing them. Just curious. I never thought we played better wearing them, and never got the hype.

We wore stormtroopers for the first time in 1996 at Memphis, so it's not like they started recently. We've worn them a couple of times every year. They aren't gimmicky, and I like them, but am indifferent overall. I can see them for a game a year.

Advertisement
We wore stormtroopers for the first time in 1996 at Memphis, so it's not like they started recently. We've worn them a couple of times every year. They aren't gimmicky, and I like them, but am indifferent overall. I can see them for a game a year.

Nice catch on the Memphis call. I remember watching it in Miami Beach with my dad as a kid. First time we wore the all whites.

Nice catch on the Memphis call. I remember watching it in Miami Beach with my dad as a kid. First time we wore the all whites.

I think this is from that game

magic-benton-1996-miami-hurricanes-gatorade-sga.jpg

I'm still a big fan of the green tops and white bottoms. I would like to see that look return.

Advertisement

I think this is from that game

View attachment 38753

It is! I have that card at home with my collection.

I not 100% sure, but I think part of it is because Miami was one of the first schools to play the imperial march song. Add the all white uniform since we were the bad guys during those decades. It made perfect sense for the uni's to be worn embracing the hate and the dark side of the force!

Advertisement
The stromtroopers look is an extremely popular, highly marketable look. I wouldn't expect them to go anywhere. Judging a look solely by how many wins the team has is not only stupid, it's borderline insane. What if Adidas would have gone with the look unveiled today in the first place, while Golden was the coach? Miami would have still been mediocre, does that mean the throwback look is awful and should never be worn? Of course not, it means that uniforms, while a valuable part of the marketing apparatus is still clothing, clothing alone doesn't block or tackle.

don't judge a look by whether we covered.

What is the fascination with "Stormtrooper Uniforms"? Sorry. I just don't get it just like I don't get the fascination with the "Smoke" uniforms. They sucked. Gimmick unis remind me of one man: Al Golden. Someone PLEASE tell me about all those great wins we had in the "Stormtrooper" unis. That's right, there are none. The new unis are ON POINT! They are precisely what we need. Love to see the quasi futuristic number fonts gone as well. Gimmicky uniforms are for gimmicky programs like Oregon. Anyone else notice how many lame *** gimmicky uniforms Alabama has ever worn? That's right. ZERO. They don't need them because tradition and consistent excellence trump gimmicks all day, every day.

The uniforms aren't what made us lose haha come on man[emoji23] you can't say the storm troopers aren't a great look

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey guys, out of curiosity why are these called storm troopers?

because they are all black and look like Darth vader

Because they're 100% wool and are modeled after German WWII uniforms.

In completely unrelated news, I wish adidas had given us those all green Yodas, those were sick.

photo.php

View attachment 38755

effin hilarious!

Advertisement
Back