Stop whining like little girls about next year

SpikeUM

Head Meshuggah
Premium
It is going to be what it is going to be.

Yes we will be extremely young. Yes we will make lots of mistakes.

But we also have a great coach and staff, and are bringing in a great recruiting class. Another year in the weight room, and another year to learn the system.

We play in the ACC, which putting it kindly, SUCKS! You guys are really afraid of Duke, NC State, BC, FSU at home, VT at home, USF, etc.!??

It wont be 12-0, and it wont be an ACC championship season, but I am looking forward to a decent season, one that we can build on, seeing Duke Johnson for 3 years, seeing Chickillo, Perryman and others develop.

Stop whining and support your team.

Advertisement
I'll still be at the stadium, just going to have to bring much more alcohol.....

People are just preparing their excuses b/c alot of people have already crowned Golden.

The truth is no one knows what he'll do here and from what has been seen there is room for concern just like there was after Shannon's first year when he claimed to be a pro -style guy but hired Nix and fired a bunch of coaches every year showing he made a mistake with initial hire's.

2012 will be big for golden from a recruitng stand point as it will tell if this guy can bring in impact guys or not on a yearly basis. Right now no one knows if he can do that. Chick and Dorsett were coming here reagrdless and but then you have guys like Mike Williams. The guys Golden actually brought in did nothing. That doesn't bode well IMO.

what about Grimble ? Did Golden not have something to do with him in the end. I like the attitude of the young players like Perryman and Chick. I think that there are going to be some really productive players from last years class. Golden will create a new mindset with the youngsters. Not as hard to create a hard working attitude than to change one.

Advertisement
People are just preparing their excuses b/c alot of people have already crowned Golden.

The truth is no one knows what he'll do here and from what has been seen there is room for concern just like there was after Shannon's first year when he claimed to be a pro -style guy but hired Nix and fired a bunch of coaches every year showing he made a mistake with initial hire's.

2012 will be big for golden from a recruitng stand point as it will tell if this guy can bring in impact guys or not on a yearly basis. Right now no one knows if he can do that. Chick and Dorsett were coming here reagrdless and but then you have guys like Mike Williams. The guys Golden actually brought in did nothing. That doesn't bode well IMO.

If at the beginning of the year, you would have known that we would have had all of the distractions, suspensions, and injuries (starting LB, scores of DL, Seantrel), you would have assumed the year would have been a disaster. As weak as Mike Williams was, he was a warm body that actually did pretty well. Were it not for Grimble and the guy that was commited to Temple, where would we be now on the Dline? How about Finnie? Grooms?

Not making excuses for Golden, just being realistic. We are not going to a BCS game, but we are not going to have a disaster season either.

I support the team but we're going to stink next year. I think we're entitled to vent about it on a message board. Nobody likes losing.

I support the team but we're going to stink next year. I think we're entitled to vent about it on a message board. Nobody likes losing.

Opinions are fine. Whining about that constantly, and about every player that leaves early gets really old really quick.

Lets put it this way. If you feel the need to do nothing but ***** and whine, take it to the wez.

Advertisement
Let's all remember that a trip of a thousand miles begins with a first step. And lots of *****ing and moaning.

Of course we'll be very, very young - but it's just possible that those youthful mistakes may be partially or significantly overcome with enthusiasm, toughness of mind, energy, determination, and attitude.

****, we're getting back some work ethic. Attitude.

May just win some of those we lost this past year.

Opinions are fine. Whining about that constantly, and about every player that leaves early gets really old really quick.
Just sucks that the Shannon Boner Brigade is going to have an undeserved sense of legitimacy next year. This is definitely a long term rebuilding project but there's no chance that they will acknowledge it.

I agree with OP. Going to be watching the games with a different mindset next year.

Advertisement

Just sucks that the Shannon Boner Brigade is going to have an undeserved sense of legitimacy next year. This is definitely a long term rebuilding project but there's no chance that they will acknowledge it.

Golden is an up grade over Shannon and has experince as a HC so it shouldn't be a long term rebuild. Tressel* lost a bunch of guys to the NFL draft his first 2 years and went 14-0* in year 2.

Golden isn't beyound reproach as he proved this year in atleast 3 games. He'll be questioned the same way Shannon was questioned during his tenure.

Pray to god that Curtis Porter can stay healthy. Porter, Smith and Grimble at DT will be 10X what we got this year. If you have studs, you don't need more than 3 DTs. In 2001, we rotated 3 guys at both end and DT 90% of the time.

Golden is an up grade over Shannon and has experince as a HC so it shouldn't be a long term rebuild. Tressel* lost a bunch of guys to the NFL draft his first 2 years and went 14-0* in year 2.

Golden isn't beyound reproach as he proved this year in atleast 3 games. He'll be questioned the same way Shannon was questioned during his tenure.

So you think Golden should be in the running for an ACCCG with team he has next year?

If so, interesting.

Advertisement

Now I get your angle. Payback.

You'll have an easy target through 2013. Then probably say you were in Al's corner from day 1 when the inevitable turnaround happens.

What's going to be more annoying than anything else is listening to the douchebags positioning themselves for a season-long "I told ya so" when they try to compare Golden's second year to anyone else's with the cards he's been dealt. The ******* douchetards will be in full force. We're already seeing people setting camp on that position now.

Now I get your angle. Payback.

You'll have an easy target through 2013. Then probably say you were in Al's corner from day 1 when the inevitable turnaround happens.

You just caught on?
That angle has been obvious from Day1.
It's all about race with some folks.
Race agenda trumps the Canes with some folks.
Sad.

Advertisement
Back