Stop whining like little girls about next year

I support the team but we're going to stink next year. I think we're entitled to vent about it on a message board. Nobody likes losing.

Opinions are fine. Whining about that constantly, and about every player that leaves early gets really old really quick.
Just sucks that the Shannon Boner Brigade is going to have an undeserved sense of legitimacy next year. This is definitely a long term rebuilding project but there's no chance that they will acknowledge it.

Golden is an up grade over Shannon and has experince as a HC so it shouldn't be a long term rebuild. Tressel* lost a bunch of guys to the NFL draft his first 2 years and went 14-0* in year 2.

Golden isn't beyound reproach as he proved this year in atleast 3 games. He'll be questioned the same way Shannon was questioned during his tenure.

Now I get your angle. Payback.

You'll have an easy target through 2013. Then probably say you were in Al's corner from day 1 when the inevitable turnaround happens.

You just caught on?
That angle has been obvious from Day1.
It's all about race with some folks.
Race agenda trumps the Canes with some folks.
Sad.

Dude called us all Bigots before Boy Genius got rightfully canned.

Advertisement
People are just preparing their excuses b/c alot of people have already crowned Golden.

The truth is no one knows what he'll do here and from what has been seen there is room for concern just like there was after Shannon's first year when he claimed to be a pro -style guy but hired Nix and fired a bunch of coaches every year showing he made a mistake with initial hire's.

2012 will be big for golden from a recruitng stand point as it will tell if this guy can bring in impact guys or not on a yearly basis. Right now no one knows if he can do that. Chick and Dorsett were coming here reagrdless and but then you have guys like Mike Williams. The guys Golden actually brought in did nothing. That doesn't bode well IMO.

Please. Anyone who thinks all of these losses won't hurt the team is naive. How people choose to express their concerns does not reflect on the legitimacy of them (e.g. *****ing and moaning does not = that they're just preparing excuses).

As far as Golden and Co., I really believe this guy is a great leader. The people he surrounds himself with, that remains to be seen but I haven't seen much to suggest that they will be bad. He had a very short recruiting season to pull anything together and I think he got the most he realistically could with what he had to work with. That's debatable, but you can't deny that the talent he had to work with was sub-par, especially with the suspensions and injuries. So while it might not bode well yet, as far as recruiting goes, I certainly don't think it shows that Golden can't handle it.

Lets put it this way. If you feel the need to do nothing but ***** and whine, take it to the wez.

+1

What's going to be more annoying than anything else is listening to the douchebags positioning themselves for a season-long "I told ya so" when they try to compare Golden's second year to anyone else's with the cards he's been dealt. The ******* douchetards will be in full force. We're already seeing people setting camp on that position now.

That crap won't fly here. Any poster starting that crap will end up banned from the football boards.

Those posts are for the wez.

What's going to be more annoying than anything else is listening to the douchebags positioning themselves for a season-long "I told ya so" when they try to compare Golden's second year to anyone else's with the cards he's been dealt. The ******* douchetards will be in full force. We're already seeing people setting camp on that position now.

That crap won't fly here. Any poster starting that crap will end up banned from the football boards.

good man, nothing got older faster than this type of **** on grassy

Advertisement

good man, nothing got older faster than this type of **** on grassy

THANK YOU!

No reason we can't win 7 or 8 games.

On offense we'll have a good QB competition, good competition at running back, good competition (albeit young) at WR, solid TE's, and an experienced OL (seantrel, linder, feliciano, bunche, johnson, wheeler, jones)

Defensively we'll have some depth issues but we have experienced guys back: Denzel, Chick, Porter, Smith, Grimble, Pierre, Green, Robinson, Gaines, Cain, McGee, VT, rayray. If they stay healthy we should be okay.

I support the team but we're going to stink next year. I think we're entitled to vent about it on a message board. Nobody likes losing.

Opinions are fine. Whining about that constantly, and about every player that leaves early gets really old really quick.
Just sucks that the Shannon Boner Brigade is going to have an undeserved sense of legitimacy next year. This is definitely a long term rebuilding project but there's no chance that they will acknowledge it.

Golden is an up grade over Shannon and has experince as a HC so it shouldn't be a long term rebuild. Tressel* lost a bunch of guys to the NFL draft his first 2 years and went 14-0* in year 2.

Golden isn't beyound reproach as he proved this year in atleast 3 games. He'll be questioned the same way Shannon was questioned during his tenure.

Now I get your angle. Payback.

You'll have an easy target through 2013. Then probably say you were in Al's corner from day 1 when the inevitable turnaround happens.

Payback? Please. every coach get's questioned one way or another. Some reason are legit like the one's i presented that no one can comment on some are made up like coker/shannon playing favorites.

Advertisement
Advertisement
wow... made it all the way through this thread with no one even remotely mentioning forthcoming sanctions....

is the widely believed thought, that we simply skate?

wow... made it all the way through this thread with no one even remotely mentioning forthcoming sanctions....

is the widely believed thought, that we simply skate?
Speaking only for myself, I do not think that we will "skate". I'm certainly not predicting "death penalty" but I think it's naive to believe that we will not get hit with some form of sanctions along the lines of what USC got at a minimum.

Miami won't get hit as a bad as USC did and if Miami thought it was going to get any worse why wouldn't they self impose scholly reductions? They suspended guys and self imposed a bowl ban. They must know something the internet people don't. I'm not gonna worry about it.

Advertisement
I dont see why he shouldnt at least be expected to win 7-8 games which is not monumental in the ACC IF you are that good of a head coach. National relevance shouldn't be expected til say 2014.

But he is supposed to be a significant upgrade over the last 2 guys. So he shouldnt have the bar lowered. Shannon puked all over himself to 7 wins in 08 while losing his last 4 games and having all freshman with 2 QBs who had never taken a college snap. That wont be the case this year at QB. Lets see him develop the guys coming back, again, something we never did in the past. Take what you have and make them better now that there will be plenty who will have had 2 off seasons under this regime going into 12. Get some of the freshman ready to play and I dont see how 7-8 wins is that great a task in this conference.

There shouldnt be a precedent set where 4-6 wins is just excused away when we are considering this is an upgrade which I think he is. This year was a mulligan cause of the **** storm he had to deal with.

Miami won't get hit as a bad as USC did and if Miami thought it was going to get any worse why wouldn't they self impose scholly reductions? They suspended guys and self imposed a bowl ban. They must know something the internet people don't. I'm not gonna worry about it.

first decent thing I've seen you post here. Congrats.:confused:

It is going to be what it is going to be.

Yes we will be extremely young. Yes we will make lots of mistakes.

But we also have a great coach and staff, and are bringing in a great recruiting class. Another year in the weight room, and another year to learn the system.

We play in the ACC, which putting it kindly, SUCKS! You guys are really afraid of Duke, NC State, BC, FSU at home, VT at home, USF, etc.!??

It wont be 12-0, and it wont be an ACC championship season, but I am looking forward to a decent season, one that we can build on, seeing Duke Johnson for 3 years, seeing Chickillo, Perryman and others develop.

Stop whining and support your team.

How's that working out?

Advertisement
Back