Stop building false hope for Mario

Advertisement
not happening for next miami coach. Stop saying it’s even a possibility, it’s not.
mods Merge this if there’s any rational Mario thread.

Mario is not coming here. We need a hc as soon as regular season ends. Marios buyout is shy of 10 million until early 2022. We need a coach who can come right away when season ends to save recruiting class with early signing day.

Thinking Mario is a realistic option is as delusional as fans speculating Gruden was coming a decade ago or even now. It’s not happening.
Ain't no way this recruiting class gets saved no matter who steps in

“Cristobal reportedly makes an average of $4.5 million per season. If UM offered him $7 million annually to try to entice him to leave Oregon in a five-year deal, that’s $35 million. It also would cost $9 million to buy him out before Jan. 14, 2022, or $6.5 million afterward. That — plus buying out the final two years and $8 million of Diaz’s contract in December — would cost north of $50 million.” Miami Herald

if miami would ever spend that much, they could get someone more proven then mario. Outside of Oregons Ohio st game his coaching has been pretty ****** if you watch any of Oregon’s games this year.

That’s why I feel it’s pretty simple to know it’s not happening. let’s just face it we will try to hire cincys hc or another top g5 team. After manny being hired I have no faith or hope left for a p5 hc experience or NFL experience hire
We already know Diaz's buyout isn't what was reported in this article. We also know using common sense that Miami doesn't pay any of this upfront.

$50m over 5 years isn't a large amount of money at this level, even for this cheap school.

If Mario wants to stay in a cushy spot & win 8-10 games per year (without ever winning a MNC), he should stay in Oregon. He'd likely have a longer stay there (unless USC really rights its ship & becomes stout again).

If Mario want to win a MNC, his odds are actually much higher at Miami. He'd absolutely kill it on the recruiting trail (especially with FSU down & out) & be in the most fertile recruiting grounds in the country. He'd also have the easy Coastal division to run through each year. Can't get much better than that at the D1 level. Plus, Miami is home for Mario. Friends & family in Florida. I believe there are plenty of reasons for Miami to make a ton of sense for Mario. If he wants to win a MNC, Miami is the clear choice.

The cost of hiring Mario (particularly his buyout) is probably the biggest hindrance.
You’re famous

Advertisement
not happening for next miami coach. Stop saying it’s even a possibility, it’s not.

Mario is not coming here. We need a hc as soon as regular season ends. Marios buyout is shy of 10 million until early 2022. We need a coach who can come right away when season ends to save recruiting class with early signing day.

Thinking Mario is a realistic option is as delusional as fans speculating Gruden was coming a decade ago or even now. It’s not happening.
Why do we have to give up hope? The only thing between where we are now, and the reality that UM has decided it no longer wants to compete in football, is the hope that there is a legitimate effort to replace the current staff with a competent one.

Once that hope is gone, so is Miami football.

I think Mario is a pipe dream.
And there is a zero chance he comes here, if Blake James is still here.

Advertisement
Nick Saban, Dabo Swinney, and Jimbo Fisher are NOT coming to UM. You heard it here first, guys.
Luis Guzman Lol GIF by filmeditor

So, if Mario is your #1 target you wouldn't pursue him because you just need to sign some mid/low 4* WR this december?

If Mario is your guy and he wants to come you punt on this recruiting class and get your HC right.

PS: I'm not a Mario guy at all

We already know Diaz's buyout isn't what was reported in this article. We also know using common sense that Miami doesn't pay any of this upfront.

$50m over 5 years isn't a large amount of money at this level, even for this cheap school.
This is an organization with revenue between $4-5B/yr. Refusing to invest $20 million (A more realistic #) in itself is ******* insanity

Advertisement

Fail Seth Meyers GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

“So thats a no vote for Mario. OP is 100% sure that there is a 0% chance Mario will not be the HC at Miami in 2022, then changed it to 0.1%, which is 10%, to then switch it back to 0%. Receipt saved!!!”

I will let the 2022 class burn to the ground if it means getting the best coach we can get.

Right.

A rushed hire to save the 60th ranked recruiting class in the Country is just asinine, especially with the portal and the NCAA relaxing the rules on transfers.

“Cristobal reportedly makes an average of $4.5 million per season. If UM offered him $7 million annually to try to entice him to leave Oregon in a five-year deal, that’s $35 million. It also would cost $9 million to buy him out before Jan. 14, 2022, or $6.5 million afterward. That — plus buying out the final two years and $8 million of Diaz’s contract in December — would cost north of $50 million.” Miami Herald

if miami would ever spend that much, they could get someone more proven then mario. Outside of Oregons Ohio st game his coaching has been pretty ****** if you watch any of Oregon’s games this year.

That’s why I feel it’s pretty simple to know it’s not happening. let’s just face it we will try to hire cincys hc or another top g5 team. After manny being hired I have no faith or hope left for a p5 hc experience or NFL experience hire

We'll wait.

Advertisement
I’m tired of this “save the recruiting class” BS. How many times have we heard that? Barely made a difference and we rushed into hiring another 7-5 winning coach. Take all the time in the world if it means getting a coach that can string two bowl wins together and win the Coastal consistently.

Advertisement
Back