Stop building false hope for Mario

Advertisement
Mario has already shown he’ll make the right career choice over any loyalty he has to the U.

Anyone thinking someone can tug on his heart strings get him to lead us needs to revisit history.
Anyone who thinks it’s a real possibility probably loved the Shannon hire as well

not happening for next miami coach. Stop saying it’s even a possibility, it’s not.
mods Merge this if there’s any rational Mario thread.

Mario is not coming here. We need a hc as soon as regular season ends. Marios buyout is shy of 10 million until early 2022. We need a coach who can come right away when season ends to save recruiting class with early signing day.

Thinking Mario is a realistic option is as delusional as fans speculating Gruden was coming a decade ago or even now. It’s not happening.
Accept it. Mario is coming home!

It’s not really odds. Gruden and Urban 100% not coming here, Mario 0.1% comes here
This is about Mario. You just added Gruden and Urban in there to pad your original premise. Real bold ones there.

The odds are against us getting Mario, which is no surprise, but you started a thread and said there’s no possibility. Now you say 0.1% so there is a possibility which is my point. You don’t know anything, You’re just taking the odds which are stacked in your favor and making a statement of fact on an easy layup - as if you’re some Nostradamian prognosticator.

Advertisement
da truthadamus: I see losses in our future… disappointing losses.

da truthadamus: I see undeserving, tenured players getting more minutes than they deserve in our future. 53 will start the game.

da truthadamus: Our future shows recruiting de-commitments and portal activity ahead.

not happening for next miami coach. Stop saying it’s even a possibility, it’s not.
mods Merge this if there’s any rational Mario thread.

Mario is not coming here. We need a hc as soon as regular season ends. Marios buyout is shy of 10 million until early 2022. We need a coach who can come right away when season ends to save recruiting class with early signing day.

Thinking Mario is a realistic option is as delusional as fans speculating Gruden was coming a decade ago or even now. It’s not happening.
Go Away Do Not Want GIF

Advertisement
honest to god, theres a lot of knowledgeable posters in here dropping info whenever they can.

theres been more than enough info shared regarding the current situation. i dont understand why people come in with these hot takes as to who we should hire and who we shouldnt or who we can and cant hire. its a ****** situation, but patience is a virtue, so lets just be patient and see what happens.

Bill Clark wouldn't be awful if/when we stike out on Mario, Herman, etc.
Bill Clark is the kind of guy that doesn't win the press conference, but 3 years from now, we're happy with the product. A no nonsense guy that has won on multiple levels, has built a program(in the case of UAB, built it TWICE) and fits within budgetary constraints. You can hire Clark, hire a top end staff around him and go to work.

Clark is the kind of hire a forward thinking AD makes, because it allows you to maximize the resources you have available.

If Mario wants to stay in a cushy spot & win 8-10 games per year (without ever winning a MNC), he should stay in Oregon. He'd likely have a longer stay there (unless USC really rights its ship & becomes stout again).

If Mario want to win a MNC, his odds are actually much higher at Miami. He'd absolutely kill it on the recruiting trail (especially with FSU down & out) & be in the most fertile recruiting grounds in the country. He'd also have the easy Coastal division to run through each year. Can't get much better than that at the D1 level. Plus, Miami is home for Mario. Friends & family in Florida. I believe there are plenty of reasons for Miami to make a ton of sense for Mario. If he wants to win a MNC, Miami is the clear choice.

The cost of hiring Mario (particularly his buyout) is probably the biggest hindrance.

This is about Mario. You just added Gruden and Urban in there to pad your original premise. Real bold ones there.

The odds are against us getting Mario, which is no surprise, but you started a thread and said there’s no possibility. Now you say 0.1% so there is a possibility which is my point. You don’t know anything, You’re just taking the odds which are stacked in your favor and making a statement of fact on an easy layup - as if you’re some Nostradamian prognosticator.
I said .1% but I’ll stay with my original post. 0%

i brought up Gruden and urban to make a point regarding Mario

yea I’m Nostradamus that’s why I said who would get it? It’s fine if you want to hope for Mario. Why would he leave Oregon to come to this dumpster fire? Who’s paying the 10 m buyout? The huge contract he will want? The big salaries for the assistants?

its cool to hope for Mario, I hope to win the lotto when I play.

carry on with belittling me, solid maud work

why would he come here to take fans sh$$ as soon as he makes the wrong hire? when he has a great job now with great resources and sell out crowds for a rebuilding process For a school that’s made it clear for two decades they won’t invest in being a top 10 team and w ont get sell out crowds unless it’s fsu or another big program coming to play at hard rock?

Last edited:
Advertisement

yea I’m Nostradamus that’s why I said who would get it? It’s fine if you want to hope for Mario. Why would he leave Oregon to come to this dumpster fire? Who’s paying the 10 m buyout? The huge contract he will want? The big salaries for the assistants?

its hard to belittle someone who doesnt read the board, doesnt understand what probability is and how it works and doesnt accept that people have differing opinions whilst not even actively trying to belittle someone.

its hard to belittle someone who doesnt read the board, doesnt understand what probability is and how it works and doesnt accept that people have differing opinions whilst not even actively trying to belittle someone.
I understand probability. I read the board a lot and am offering a different take then what you hope for, sorry.

my bad for challenging the narrative of Mario coming to miami

I understand probability. I read the board a lot and am offering a different take then what you hope for, sorry.

my bad for challenging the narrative of Mario coming to miami
there is no narrative that mario will for sure come here. theres Information that has been posted and thats it.

if people want to hope or not hope based on that information, thats their handling.

and, as i have written before, i dont hope. i am patient and i will wait and whatever happens, happens.

Advertisement
there is no narrative that mario will for sure come here. theres Information that has been posted and thats it.

if people want to hope or not hope based on that information, thats their handling.

and, as i have written before, i dont hope. i am patient and i will wait and whatever happens, happens.
ok. If Mario is hired I’ll eat crow and you can **** on me for eternity. if Mario is even offered before the buyout becomes lower I’ll feast on crow as well.

why would he come here to take fans sh$$ as soon as he makes the wrong hire? when he has a great job now with great resources and sell out crowds for a rebuilding process For a school that’s made it clear for two decades they won’t invest in being a top 10 team and w ont get sell out crowds unless it’s fsu or another big program coming to play at hard rock?
Awwwww do you feel belittled? I’m sorry. Your thread and point sucks telling us that there’s zero chance Mario comes here. It may be slim but you have no idea and no info to tell us zero. None.

Solid poRster work.

why the **** should i do that?

sure, i am german and a prick at times, but i dont **** on people because of a coaching hire lol
“Cristobal reportedly makes an average of $4.5 million per season. If UM offered him $7 million annually to try to entice him to leave Oregon in a five-year deal, that’s $35 million. It also would cost $9 million to buy him out before Jan. 14, 2022, or $6.5 million afterward. That — plus buying out the final two years and $8 million of Diaz’s contract in December — would cost north of $50 million.” Miami Herald

if miami would ever spend that much, they could get someone more proven then mario. Outside of Oregons Ohio st game his coaching has been pretty ****** if you watch any of Oregon’s games this year.

That’s why I feel it’s pretty simple to know it’s not happening. let’s just face it we will try to hire cincys hc or another top g5 team. After manny being hired I have no faith or hope left for a p5 hc experience or NFL experience hire

Advertisement
Back