Stop building false hope for Mario

“Cristobal reportedly makes an average of $4.5 million per season. If UM offered him $7 million annually to try to entice him to leave Oregon in a five-year deal, that’s $35 million. It also would cost $9 million to buy him out before Jan. 14, 2022, or $6.5 million afterward. That — plus buying out the final two years and $8 million of Diaz’s contract in December — would cost north of $50 million.” Miami Herald

if miami would ever spend that much, they could get someone more proven then mario. Outside of Oregons Ohio st game his coaching has been pretty ****** if you watch any of Oregon’s games this year.

That’s why I feel it’s pretty simple to know it’s not happening. let’s just face it we will try to hire cincys hc or another top g5 team. After manny being hired I have no faith or hope left for a p5 hc experience or NFL experience hire
You have absolutely no idea what's going to happen.....None...

Advertisement
i was being sarcastic

i don’t care about points it’s a free message board. Want to issue me a warning for being such a bad poRster? Go for it but while you stay modding i have to sleep for work.
best of luck banning people for the next 3 months, sounds like a full time job that would be difficult to do while working a full time job
I’m not interested in banning you.

@Hogan covered it perfectly. There’s no narrative that Mario will come here. I think the chances are less likely than more likely but if people want to hope for that outcome so be it. Again, you have no information to say there’s zero chance of it happening. It may not be likely but it’s not an entire impossibility.

To be clear, I personally think the odds are low for a few reasons but I would never say there’s a 0% chance when I know people are fed up and these people can do something if they actually want to. Likely - probably not. But a possibility - even a small one - sure.

Advertisement
no clue on the exact numbers, but assuming OP is in the ball park

10 million for mario
6-7 million as of NOW with manny
5-6 million for 5 years for mario
probably a bit under 2 million per year for his staff?

yah I mean idk either but that's a lot of digits

The best thing that could happen to this program is the ACC kicking us the fck out. What the fck are we even doing with that money? We sure ain't improving facilities/stadium/hiring coaches with it. That means it's being pocketed for someones 5th swimming pool in their 3rd house

ACC should ban us from ever stepping foot in their conference again.

Advertisement
not happening for next miami coach. Stop saying it’s even a possibility, it’s not.
mods Merge this if there’s any rational Mario thread.

Mario is not coming here. We need a hc as soon as regular season ends. Marios buyout is shy of 10 million until early 2022. We need a coach who can come right away when season to save recruiting class with early signing day.

Thinking Mario is a realistic option is as delusional as fans speculating Gruden was coming a decade ago or even now. It’s not happening.
Trying to hire a coach to salvage a recruiting class has us where we are today.
This is the same reason Coker became our coach and Shannon as well.

If Mario wants to stay in a cushy spot & win 8-10 games per year (without ever winning a MNC), he should stay in Oregon. He'd likely have a longer stay there (unless USC really rights its ship & becomes stout again).

If Mario want to win a MNC, his odds are actually much higher at Miami. He'd absolutely kill it on the recruiting trail (especially with FSU down & out) & be in the most fertile recruiting grounds in the country. He'd also have the easy Coastal division to run through each year. Can't get much better than that at the D1 level. Plus, Miami is home for Mario. Friends & family in Florida. I believe there are plenty of reasons for Miami to make a ton of sense for Mario. If he wants to win a MNC, Miami is the clear choice.

The cost of hiring Mario (particularly his buyout) is probably the biggest hindrance.
Boys be smoking crack rocks talking Miami and national championships. We haven’t been good since the early 00’s. Come into the present. We can’t even win the coastal 😂😂

Admin doesn’t want to give money to the football program while Oregon will give unlimited funds. Location is literally the only thing we have over Oregon if we’re being honest

Advertisement
not happening for next miami coach. Stop saying it’s even a possibility, it’s not.
mods Merge this if there’s any rational Mario thread.

Mario is not coming here. We need a hc as soon as regular season ends. Marios buyout is shy of 10 million until early 2022. We need a coach who can come right away when season ends to save recruiting class with early signing day.

Thinking Mario is a realistic option is as delusional as fans speculating Gruden was coming a decade ago or even now. It’s not happening.
:q3xkxex:

Advertisement
no clue on the exact numbers, but assuming OP is in the ball park

10 million for mario
6-7 million as of NOW with manny
5-6 million for 5 years for mario
probably a bit under 2 million per year for his staff?

yah I mean idk either but that's a lot of digits

The best thing that could happen to this program is the ACC kicking us the fck out. What the fck are we even doing with that money? We sure ain't improving facilities/stadium/hiring coaches with it. That means it's being pocketed for someones 5th swimming pool in their 3rd house

ACC should ban us from ever stepping foot in their conference again.
Under $2 million for his staff? At least $2million for 2 decent coordinators and then another $5-7 million for 9 additional position coaches, strength staff, support staff, etc. That's ball park for an average SEC school.

Objectively speaking, there's really nothing negative to be said about Mario when making a case for him to be the next HC at Miami.

• He's an alum, Miami native and national champion player who's been around multiple championship coaches and programs throughout his life.
  • Universities like when you leave home and see other things, so he took opportunities improve his craft elsewhere at Alabama and has done well to develop a more physical identity at Oregon with a top 10 ranking.
  • He's rising star in the coaching ranks who's known to be a strong recruiter and demanding leader that builds teams from the trenches.
  • Best of all, he has no (glaring) flaws in terms of character; Mario represents the []__[] well as an alumni and is someone most people associated with Miami are proud of.

Miami has plenty of money and can do whatever they want. They shouldn't bypass Mario again.

p.s. Carol Soffer and her family gave 14M for the IPF that bares her name. When you give that type of money you don't want to see these boys getting dragged by FIU and bodied by UNC for 600+ yards rushing.

Last edited:
Burnie Burns Conspiracy GIF by Rooster Teeth

OP thinks he said something thought provoking here lol.

Most would be surprised if Mario was to leave Oregon to come here. However, you speaking in absolutes as if you have some insider info is why you are being "belittled." You have no source and haven't broke any news here. Relax

Advertisement
Back