STOOPS to FSU (Rumor)

Bob Stoops is probably a pipe dream for them. Just like them hiring Deion Sanders is a stupid pipe dream for us.

However, they might hire Mark Stoops. Who is a coRch and who UK fans would be happy to say goodbye too.

Advertisement
Bob Stoops is probably a pipe dream for them. Just like them hiring Deion Sanders is a stupid pipe dream for us.

However, they might hire Mark Stoops. Who is a coRch and who UK fans would be happy to say goodbye too.
Let them hire Mark Stoops. I enjoy watching a bunch of ******** **** away their money.

1. The language in the contract said that the buyout is paid monthly over the duration of the contract. He signed a 6 year deal. So he's owed $17M over the next 4 years, paid in monthly installments (roughly $355,000 a month for the next 4 years to scratch your balls. Not a bad deal)

2. They are certainly negotiating a reduction in the buyout. Doesn't mean Willie and his agent will take it. They owe him $17M legally.

3. I've been told they have some "dirt" on him that they're holding over his head in order to essentially blackmail him into taking a reduction in the buyout. I won't get into specifics, but they are absolutely trying to recoup some of their money. Normally, they can incentivize the fired coach by accelerating the payments. Instead of $17M over 4 years, say, we'll give you $10M now...something like that (I'm not saying this is the scenario, just a generic example). But they're 10000% trying to get out of paying him the full $17M over 4 years.
Post like this should be deleted. "you've been told" really. Put a name with your source

It is a lot, but they already ate the bulk of it, and the difference between a very good coach and a decent hire isn’t that much to them, relative to the difference between winning a lot or not.

hard to believe the AD fired T without a clear sense of what he had to work with to replace him.
Not really - the situation was beyond toxic and the AD was handed the means to remove the man behind a lot of the problems.

They've got plenty of time to line up his replacement.

Advertisement
Why? Maybe because he knows he will never win anything important at MN, he knows that he could at FSU, and he has aspirations beyond 8 wins a year?

He won’t win a title at FSU either. We’ve seen this movie before. Coach recruits a National Championship winning team. The fans run him off. Expect the next guy to win a title, but they can’t find a coach willing to risk being fired.

2. They are certainly negotiating a reduction in the buyout. Doesn't mean Willie and his agent will take it. They owe him $17M legally.

Jimmy Sexton is a straight up balla/hustler. Was the agent for Jimbo and Willie.

There's conflicting reports, I saw on ESPN ticker that an FSU administrator said the $20 million was not raised. That was the day of, thought it was odd but it seemed he was trying to say they already had the money

I’ve heard here from a reliable source that most of, if not all of Taggart’s buyout was moved from their facilities fund.

FSU is in red big time. Same source believes next coach is already on staff, and says Stoops is negotiating but demanding too much for FSU to fork out (think multiple new analysts and all that Jazz)

I’ve heard here from a reliable source that most of, if not all of Taggart’s buyout was moved from their facilities fund.

FSU is in red big time. Same source believes next coach is already on staff, and says Stoops is negotiating but demanding too much for FSU to fork out (think multiple new analysts and all that Jazz)
That would be great, I don't think anyone already on staff will be very good

Advertisement

Good. I dont want them to move the bar as far as investments go and set up the infrastructure for the next guy to step in and not have to do much

He won’t win a title at FSU either. We’ve seen this movie before. Coach recruits a National Championship winning team. The fans run him off. Expect the next guy to win a title, but they can’t find a coach willing to risk being fired.
Youre just venting. FSU is one of the few schools a good coach can expect to win a title at. They have won under multiple coaches. They have location, access, athletes. No reason he couldnt win there if he is as good as people say.

Advertisement
That would be great, I don't think anyone already on staff will be very good
dadgummit.jpg

Advertisement

and hes no longer a candidate lol. your source is better than FSUs own sources lol

...they gonna go with Odell is my guess

..Jim below is a little more tuned into FSU... unless they asked him to throw people off the tracks, I don't see him sending out this twatter unless he has solid info

...they gonna go with Odell is my guess

..Jim below is a little more tuned into FSU... unless they asked him to throw people off the tracks, I don't see him sending out this twatter unless he has solid info

Not that I think He’s a great coach(he’s not) but I hope They don’t go after James Franklin. Excellent recruiter. I would Rather them land someone like Matt campbell(his staff he would put together imo would be very poor or hold no weight on the trail, same with guys like mike Norvell(like his scheme but doubt he’s a good recruiter) and Matt Rhule, pj fleck. none of those guys will have cache on the recruiting trail

To be honest they may as well give Odell a shot this year

Advertisement
Back