STOOPS to FSU (Rumor)

...they gonna go with Odell is my guess

..Jim below is a little more tuned into FSU... unless they asked him to throw people off the tracks, I don't see him sending out this twatter unless he has solid info

They might ask Odell to coach next season while they look for the person they want or have someone's buyout drop. It will kind of be like the Tressel situation where Luke Fickell coached the team for a year until they got Urban,

Advertisement
They will shift to Matt Campbell
That should be interesting. Saw somewhere that Campbell may be a target for an NFL job after the season, so I wonder if he'd accept an FSU offer (if he's even interested in dealing with the mess at FSU) in a time frame that would work for them, or if he would want to wait until NFL teams have had a chance to contact him.

Advertisement
Adam Rittenberg ESPN Senior Writer
i

A source with direct knowledge of Florida State's coaching search tells me former Oklahoma coach Bob Stoops is not a candidate for the job. What Stoops said last week about his situation remains true. FSU still working through candidates/interviews, hopes to make a hire relatively soon.

They might ask Odell to coach next season while they look for the person they want or have someone's buyout drop. It will kind of be like the Tressel situation where Luke Fickell coached the team for a year until they got Urban,

Eh, but Fickell had to step in last minute. That whole disaster happened right before the season, not mid-season the year before.

Advertisement
Adam Rittenberg ESPN Senior Writer
i

A source with direct knowledge of Florida State's coaching search tells me former Oklahoma coach Bob Stoops is not a candidate for the job. What Stoops said last week about his situation remains true. FSU still working through candidates/interviews, hopes to make a hire relatively soon.

but some proctologist from tallahassee said his sauces said the ink was dry?

That should be interesting. Saw somewhere that Campbell may be a target for an NFL job after the season, so I wonder if he'd accept an FSU offer (if he's even interested in dealing with the mess at FSU) in a time frame that would work for them, or if he would want to wait until NFL teams have had a chance to contact him.
If he wants an NFL job, he stays away from that dumpster fire in Tallahassee.

100% was a fanboy post. A coach at Stoops level would want to hire his own coaches and not be forced to keep anyone from the previous staff.

I love posts like that. As if Stoops would want the old staff and the AD spot. Or as if the dominos at every position are just set to fall and the transition will keep everyone but just replace Willie.

They might as well post Nick Saban has been hired but he is waiting on Jimbo, Dabo, and Bon Stoops to sign their contracts to be unpaid analysts. Also, every 5 star from the 2019 class is transferring there and every 2020 5 star has a silent commit to FSU now.

Last edited:
Nole Insiders:. "Done deal. 10 years, $100 million. Odell stays 2 years as A-HC/DL, Leavitt stays as DC, Briles is OC/HCIW."

Real Bob Stoops: "Who the **** is Kendall Briles?"

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back