STOOPS to FSU (Rumor)

Advertisement
He's been coaching at FSU for 25 years & never been considered lol.

I highly doubt those boosters spent all that money getting rid of Taggart just to hand the job over to Haggins.

I think it's going to be Mark Stoops or they're going to try & make a push for Clemson OC Jeff Scott, his dad was Brad Scott who was a TE's coach & OC under Bobby Bowden for 11 years.
I know Odell, he’s been trying to retire for 4 years and has never wanted the HC job. I was with him at Bass Pro Shop in Orlando back in 2016 when he bought his retirement Bass Tracker with his coaching bonus. He’s a die hard fisherman as am I and he educated me on dropping peanut straw brush piles to attract spawning Specks (Crappie) which is a fishing goldmine.

Dude is universally respected and an absolute closer on the recruiting trail. He’s also a **** good CEO-type coach. I don’t think he wants the job but this guy loves FSU so much that he would do just about anything to help the program if they asked;
but it’s time to go fishing, he’s earned it.

I think it's going to be Mark Stoops or they're going to try & make a push for Clemson OC Jeff Scott, his dad was Brad Scott who was a TE's coach & OC under Bobby Bowden for 11 years.

If those are their choices they might as well keep Odell.

FSU would be repeating the same mistake as Taggart by buying out another HC with a career losing record in Stoops.

Advertisement
I think the landscape may change when the regular season ends. Is fleck really out of consideration?

I doubt it. But money has been an issue for FSU given Fisher and now the money they had to shell out for Taggart. With Fleck's extension, they're going to have to buy him out, and with the season Minnesota's having, Fleck will garner a pretty substantial offer that FSU might have to think twice about.

I doubt it. But money has been an issue for FSU given Fisher and now the money they had to shell out for Taggart. With Fleck's extension, they're going to have to buy him out, and with the season Minnesota's having, Fleck will garner a pretty substantial offer that FSU might have to think twice about.
They didnt pony up to fire taggart only to have not money and strike out on a hire. I think the resources will be there. Question is will anyone who is really sought after want the job.

Advertisement
They didnt pony up to fire taggart only to have not money and strike out on a hire. I think the resources will be there. Question is will anyone who is really sought after want the job.

I don't think anyone is out of play if their boosters are stepping in. 30 mil in buyouts plus salary is hefty though.

That's a good question. They were in a catch 22 with Taggart. Keep him for a third complete year then fire him, meanwhile your program slips into further mediocrity. Or do what they did where they recognized that he wasn't the man for the job, but buy firing him a year and a half into his deal, it let others know that you're expecting to win immediately.

Fleck's one name that concerns me going over there. He's corny, but the man can also coach given his track record. I hope he's the type of guy that likes to live up north and wants to make Minnesota into something.

Advertisement
That’s false that the boosters came up with $18mil for slicks buyout. They aren’t paying it all at once. He’s going to get paid out as if he was still the coach at 85% of his contract over several years.
FSU would be paying more than any NFL team for a HC if they bought out Fleck. Realistically, Fleck would require $5mil plus a year with a 10 year agreement to leave lutefisk land. Add in his buyout and Slicks we’re talking $12mil plus a year for a CFB HC. Point being FSU isn’t buying out Fleck.
I wish they would somehow buyout Fleck and go “all in” because if it didn’t work out they’d be completely screwed. Plus they’ll never be able to upgrade facilities. It would be the end of FSU football.

Advertisement
That’s false that the boosters came up with $18mil for slicks buyout. They aren’t paying it all at once. He’s going to get paid out as if he was still the coach at 85% of his contract over several years.
FSU would be paying more than any NFL team for a HC if they bought out Fleck. Realistically, Fleck would require $5mil plus a year with a 10 year agreement to leave lutefisk land. Add in his buyout and Slicks we’re talking $12mil plus a year for a CFB HC. Point being FSU isn’t buying out Fleck.
I wish they would somehow buyout Fleck and go “all in” because if it didn’t work out they’d be completely screwed. Plus they’ll never be able to upgrade facilities. It would be the end of FSU football.

Rumor going around the twitter world, is a late amount of money they came up with was from the founder of SPANX, she has a huge contributor

He hasn’t signed yet (unless he has recently) the deal doesn’t start till
Mid December

The board needs to approve still but I'm sure they will expedite that after last week

20191113_091730.jpg

Advertisement
Back