STOOPS to FSU (Rumor)

Here you go....

Attachments

• IMG_20191105_130312.jpg
    IMG_20191105_130312.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 33
Advertisement
Semenhole delisions of grandeur.
They think people with better options are running to take that dumpster fire of a job.
If big game Bob wanted to go back to college football he would have better options than the semenholes.
If I was a betting man I would bet on a long search filled with lots of rejections that ends with Chris Weinke named the new head coach.

Advertisement
Toxic situation for any coach. Imagine having to answer to boosters as to why you suspended a top player.
Other than just suddenly realizing he misses the game, I can't understand why Stoops would want the job. He left a much better job at Oklahoma, where he was already established, and didn't have the pressure of a fanbase and boosters demanding a very fast rebuild of a program that is an utter mess right now, because he was ready to wind down and retire. Taking the FSU job is the absolute opposite end of the spectrum from winding down and retiring.

Other than just suddenly realizing he misses the game, I can't understand why Stoops would want the job. He left a much better job at Oklahoma, where he was already established, and didn't have the pressure of a fanbase and boosters demanding a very fast rebuild of a program that is an utter mess right now, because he was ready to wind down and retire. Taking the FSU job is the absolute opposite end of the spectrum from winding down and retiring.
My guess would be a MASSIVE golden parachute, if he takes the job. Otherwise, why bother?

Advertisement
Sounds like a move to make boosters happy and a name for fans to get behind.

All talk has Kendal Briles staying on in a Head Coach In Waiting type role; which makes it sounds like Stoops is coming in for a quick couple of years to bring stability and reset their program.

Mark Richt showed up a tired 55-year old after 15 years at Georgia and he only lasted three years.

Can't imagine a 60-year old Stoops has enough in the tank to go any longer than that before they turn the keys over to Briles .... which makes you wonder why he'd do it, outside of a paycheck as it will take a hot minute for Florida State's sh1tshow to get turned around.

all of this.

one thing to add: not everyone at FSU is jumping up and down about the head coach prospects of kendal briles. it's one thing to be a competent and even excellent coordinator, it's another to run the program. (randy shannon, brian flores, and adam gase: "hold our beer")

lmao. of course not. all the big national guys are even saying the same thing. its some random FSU moron blowing smoke up everyones ***. i would love if they got stoops bc it would mean they failed on identifying their next fisher (campbell, rhule i think are better coaches currently with a bright future). if there was a stoops coming, i think its mark.

agreed.

plus, right now, there is such a leadership vacuum in that department, (****, in that university), no one really knows who's in charge

Stoops isn't taking that job. Don't know why their fans bought that so quickly. They'll have to settle for Mark.

Now Noles 247 reporting Stoops has been offered smdh, will they make up there minds 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Advertisement
IF they have a search firm in place, the search could drag on for a while. However, one of the points of canning Slick Willie now was to get a jump on anybody else looking for a HC. It's anybody's guess at this point.

Advertisement
The difference is that Richt stubbornly and foolishly wanted be HC and to run the offense and keep his son as QB/semi OC...

He would have done fine if he just played CEO and hired a good OC and QB coach.

Add a special teams coach and signing solid players to develop when he missed on elite guys and he could have really had this thing going.

But his health wasn’t right so he would have probably had to retire anyway.

Advertisement
Back