Off-Topic Stock Market & Crypto Discussion

Advertisement
I think that’s fair. I have started adding a couple shares again when it went sub150. I took a break from adding to it since $160-165. But overall, I’m holding more cash than I’ve held since January. I think we might get 15-20% on the Nasdaq.
15-20% pull back?

15-20% pull back?
Yeah I think we are about 8% down. I can easily see 15%. We are gonna get the same “sell in may and go away” bs that we get every year. It’s an election year so I don’t think we’ll be in a bear market. But I don’t think we are done pulling back.

I'm seeing 100% stating Tesla numbers will be bad... Will it rise after earnings for once? or be worse than estimates?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Heard an interesting take:

Japanese Yen is dropping because they backed lots of the Chinese real estate with their U.S. treasuries as collateral. This could lead to the FED cutting rates to rescue the YEN in the coming months similar to 1998. In the meantime, I’m expecting more pain to come(lots).

Advertisement
China is killing it.

Say what? 3% in Europe and 0% in the USA isn't exactly killing it!

Tesla isn't going to drag down tech. QT, high rates, and other economic conditions including those in Japan and China could.

Tesla is likely dropping prices because they have a much leaner sales process than traditional auto companies. They sell directly to consumers vs selling to dealers who then sell to consumers. They are very likely a good leading indicator for what is likely going to happen across all car companies.

Meta- ad rev mostly
Alpha- mix of ad rev, cloud services, SAAS, etc
MSFT- SAAS, cloud services, ad rev, software sales, etc

Where exactly do those overlap with Tesla?

Advertisement
Say what? 3% in Europe and 0% in the USA isn't exactly killing it!

Tesla isn't going to drag down tech. QT, high rates, and other economic conditions including those in Japan and China could.

Tesla is likely dropping prices because they have a much leaner sales process than traditional auto companies. They sell directly to consumers vs selling to dealers who then sell to consumers. They are very likely a good leading indicator for what is likely going to happen across all car companies.

Meta- ad rev mostly
Alpha- mix of ad rev, cloud services, SAAS, etc
MSFT- SAAS, cloud services, ad rev, software sales, etc

Where exactly do those overlap with Tesla?
Good points.

I’m guessing lower sales, lower revenue, and lower future demand…this is going to be a wipeout. China is killing it.
I just hope it doesn’t drag all of tech down. Meta, Alphabet and MFST should save the day.
I'm having a tough time believing that FSD won't be a huge negative as far as judge/jury awards over accidents.

Kind of like pacino in The Godfather 2 when he realizes investing in Cuba is not a good idea.

I'm having a tough time believing that FSD won't be a huge negative as far as judge/jury awards over accidents.

Kind of like pacino in The Godfather 2 when he realizes investing in Cuba is not a good idea.

The real upside for Tesla is multiple:
more mass-produced vehicles and sales- Semi, Roadster 2.0, Cyber Truck
Solar and battery products become required due to the lack of new power plants yet the increased need for electricity
Industrial battery back-ups for power regulation
Robotics
FSD/robo taxi

The real upside for Tesla is multiple:
more mass-produced vehicles and sales- Semi, Roadster 2.0, Cyber Truck
Solar and battery products become required due to the lack of new power plants yet the increased need for electricity
Industrial battery back-ups for power regulation
Robotics
FSD/robo taxi
This is a great pipeline. Timining is the problem for investors.

Advertisement
Back